PDA

View Full Version : uk license

alfiestorm
06-07-2007, 10:06 PM
My visa is a 3 year temporary visa and according to the australian driving license rules for tempory visa holders I do not need to apply for an Australian driving license until I become a permanent visa holder in 3 years time.
This means I can use my uk license for 3yrs and 3 months before I need to get my Australian license.

Question is
what happens if and when I get caught for speeding what happens about the de-merit points are they forgotten about and I just have to pay the fine or are they saved up for when I get my Australian license?

Jockney Rebel
07-07-2007, 02:45 AM
dunno what its like in vic mate but i had to apply for my aussie licence within 3 months here in NSW
i tried showin my uk licence when i got pulled the first time and the cop looked at me as if i was from mars i think they might "save "the points up mate id check it out..ive got 12 and im on a good behavior bond ..ie 2pts only for 1 year i get nicked for anything and i lose my ticket for 6months

pommie02
07-07-2007, 08:30 AM
i know the answer to that one.....dont get done for speeding, because if you stay and get an aussie licence they put the points straight on.
you have to get a queensland licence within 3 months of being a permanent resident.
so leave it until the last moment
and remember all coppers are bastards

jakam04
07-07-2007, 10:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by frankenbiker

dunno what its like in vic mate but i had to apply for my aussie licence within 3 months here in NSW

Ah Jim... hes in SA not Vic lol.... :D

Jarrod

Jockney Rebel
07-07-2007, 10:18 AM
..oh right jarrod i can never get "the satelite states" right lol

alfiestorm
07-07-2007, 11:57 AM
core blimey mate it's a wonder you made it onto the right plane when ya went to nz :D now which way was up and which was down and where's me cockny aggis :D:D

stu

Jockney Rebel
07-07-2007, 08:32 PM
oi oi "sailor" eard abaht you portsmaf geezahs....nah whers that golden rivit then :]

damo1
08-07-2007, 02:35 PM
the law states in NSW that you can only use an overseas licence for 6mths after that you have to get a NSW licence.

Ive just had a guy come through work who had driven for 3yrs on a uk licence got pulled buy the cops and pinged for not having a licence they told him it had to be changed over after 6mths of being here.

Also in NSW you have to do what they call a licence transfer if your transfering a uk licence or any other licence from anywhere around the world to a NSW one you have to do a M.O.S.T (Motorcycle .Operators.Skill.Test)to get a your licence transfered you have to pass this basic test.

I love getting guys in that say theyve been riding for twenty years and cant even do a basic fuck cone weave.:D

Had a guy from South Africa the other day told me he was a professonal stunt man back in caffer land and its going to be easy as shit to do and he could do it on one wheel :D

He failed because he couldnt do a quick stop quick enough.[:0]

alfiestorm
08-07-2007, 03:28 PM
does that mean then damo if someone wanted to they could in theory cross the state line and swap there uk license for and Australian one without having to go through what you describe and would some one from another state moving to nsw still have to go through the test just intrigued as to how thing work in Australia thats all

moog
09-07-2007, 06:54 AM
i was talking to a guy yesterday (queensland) who's on a 3 year temp visa, he reckons he's been done lots of times on his UK licence, and even though he can't apply for an ozzy licence till he's a resident, he said they've sent him a letter which " bans him from applying for a licence " for the next 3 months !!!

damo1
09-07-2007, 09:00 AM
Not 100% sure but i know if you are from out of state you do have to change your licence
to a nsw one and ive never had anybody from another state come through so that maybe a loop
hole.

Whats wrong alfi to scared to do a cone weave and uturn mate.

alfiestorm
09-07-2007, 04:21 PM
Not in the slightest do it on the back wheel stunt rider in i, knows it all :D:D

Jockney Rebel
09-07-2007, 05:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by damo1

the law states in NSW that you can only use an overseas licence for 6mths after that you have to get a NSW licence.

Ive just had a guy come through work who had driven for 3yrs on a uk licence got pulled buy the cops and pinged for not having a licence they told him it had to be changed over after 6mths of being here.

Also in NSW you have to do what they call a licence transfer if your transfering a uk licence or any other licence from anywhere around the world to a NSW one you have to do a M.O.S.T (Motorcycle .Operators.Skill.Test)to get a your licence transfered you have to pass this basic test.

I love getting guys in that say theyve been riding for twenty years and cant even do a basic fuck cone weave.:D

Had a guy from South Africa the other day told me he was a professonal stunt man back in caffer land and its going to be easy as shit to do and he could do it on one wheel :D

He failed because he couldnt do a quick stop quick enough.[:0]
shit they never asked me for that they just gave it to me [:0]

damo1
09-07-2007, 06:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by alfiestorm

Not in the slightest do it on the back wheel stunt rider in i, knows it all :D:D

:DLov it;)

How long ago did you do it Jim[?]

Because thats the norm these days[^]