PDA

View Full Version : Where can I actually testRIDE a Motorcycle, Sydney

fimpBIKES
06-07-2007, 03:24 PM
hi there

my friend is looking to buy a bike, new
no-one in newcastle has demo models we can try 'cept kwakasucky

we had a go at the 600 and thou ninja about a month back (did a topic at the time)

i was keen to go down to Procycles at Hornsby cos they stock Suzuki, KTM, Triumph and BMW
so i was envisioning a test go on a superduke, 675, gixxer 750, thou and maybe a RS1000R

i bought my SV650 off procycles years back, and at the time they were VERY helpful (although their aftersales service left me high and dry and out of pocket a few grand afterwards....)

they even let my non-full licensed friend tag along on my ride on board a used 600ninja, in damp conditions with no supervision

seems they have changed their tune a bit

i just called em up
told em my friend and i wanted to come down tomorrow and test ride a gsxr750 and 1000 cos newcastle didnt have any available
he asked what i was looking at buying and i said i wasnt but my friend wanted either a new middleweight or litre sportsbike

i didnt get much further than that unfortunately
he started listing off prices to replace crashed motorcycles and that they didnt give "joy-rides"

so i might have caught this bloke on a bad day or whatever,
i explained that i had bought a bike off them before and i had no intention of crashing his bikes

than he tells me some more about how they are in the business of SELLING bikes, not JOY-RIDES

he finally starts asking for the name of my friend
had me thinking "WTF" for a second
but explains there is a test day on the 29th

i give him our details, thinking im actually getting somewhere
i ask "so what brands are available on the 29th?"
"just the suzuki's"....

WHY!!?!?!?!
i thought the whole point of having big shops with lots of bike brands would be that u could do back to back tests of the different brands
we are already having to travel 140km to tell the diff between a ninja and a gixxer with FAR to much time in between to make a proper comparison

does ANYONE know of a shop that will actually let me ride a FRIKKIN bike!!!!!! [}:)]

zx12argh
06-07-2007, 04:22 PM
mate - did you give him your name before you asked for a test ride?
that could have been your problem[:p]

Johnnie5
06-07-2007, 04:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES
than he tells me some more about how they are in the business of SELLING bikes, not JOY-RIDES

are you sure about that mate, you dont seem to be doing a very fucking good job of it

do you really think i want to travel 140K's each w3ay just for a fucking joyride

is there someone there that would actually like to sell a bike ? or are you all there for something to do ?

point aside , bloke i spoke to the other week used to work at procycles and it was taken over by a dickhead car dealer , in not so many weeks 5 of the staff left , this guy is stil waiting for outstanding wages

there was a guy that would buy 2 x $30K beemers a year, walked in the store, no one there, heads out to the workshop, owner is there, cust asked owner how much for xytz tyre, well do you just want the price or are you gonne buy one ? , cust says how about you shove your tyres up ya arse dickhead and now buys his bikes elsewhere

Jockney Rebel
06-07-2007, 04:59 PM
fimp dont Dazz 's shop do tests ? and i think central coast motorcycles do too ..
as for the bloke u spoke too maybe they ve been stung since you bought your bike ...still no need to take it out on anyone else
and what about ric andrews ..
between them thats triumph yamaha suzuki and honda covered

fimpBIKES
06-07-2007, 05:59 PM
what dazz's shop?

we have tee'd up to ride some stuff at frasers in the morning
last time i test rode there it was a joke though

they came with us and we were told if we did anything they didnt like then it was all over
couldnt enjoy myself :(

Jockney Rebel
06-07-2007, 07:05 PM
Y KNOW DAZZ ON HERE HE WORKS AT WOODYS M/CS IN WYONG

loosebruce
06-07-2007, 07:54 PM
last Saturday, worked till 1.00pm, then went to Gecko Motorcycles ride day.
1.30 had a supervised blat(20k loop with some good bits) on a KTM Superduke 990, got back and straight onto a Tuono for the same.
if i had a spare 20G, I would have bought either of them, way too much fun.:D
I'm not sure if they do normal test rides though.

jock
11-07-2007, 07:44 PM
Sydney city motorcycles at Kogorah will you ride any one of thier demos and nofing else - they usually have 10 or so