PDA

View Full Version : Will be around more now

alfiestorm
05-07-2007, 08:08 PM
That I have the internet connected at home now, morning all

sfoc711uk
06-07-2007, 05:03 AM
How are things working out over there mate.

alfiestorm
06-07-2007, 10:38 AM
Early days as yet Dave but things are on track :D.
We have a rental house nothing special as it was a last minute thing the dog was coming out of quarantine and we needed somewhere but it does have a huge garage well I think it is compared to back in the uk. You could get four cars in it.
It is only a temporary place until we buy our own house.
It's winter here in adelaide and I would compare it with early to mid spring in the uk the difference here is that it is mostly sunny here rather than mostly raining as in the uk oh and it does get a bit chilly at night.Oh yeah and I have a job already
Anyway nuff of that stuff cutcat is delivering the bike i bought off of him this saturday.
All my stuff plus my bike from the uk are in port adelaide waiting customs clearence I was hoping that it would be here before this saturday probably next week now.

Cant wait to get started on my fighter project now that I am here.[8D]

Stu

zx12argh
06-07-2007, 12:32 PM
Hey Stu - good to hear you are getting settled.
What sort of visa are you here under mate? If its business visa I may have a bloke you could have a yarn too. He's on the down hill run now to getting PR.

Iceman
06-07-2007, 01:19 PM
Didn't take long to find work mate. What are you gunna be do'n?

alfiestorm
06-07-2007, 02:29 PM
Pete
My visa is a skilled workers sir visa 3 year temp which means I have to live in south Australia for two of those three years and must have worked in south Australia for atleast 12 consecutive months then I can apply for permanent residency and then citizenship if I want too, which I am told is a formality provided I have met my visa conditions oh and been a good boy and not become a muslim or a doctor :D

Clint
The job I have is with a company called complete fire, which do fire suppression and detection equipment they have employed me to be thier construction manager.
I was doing project management in comms and cable tv back in the uk so this is going to be a bit different for me nice to have a challange keeps the brain active, now where did i put it :D
Hows that killer turbo bike of yours [8D]

zx12argh
06-07-2007, 04:19 PM
mate too easy! you should see the hoops my mate has to jump through to get his PR - he handed in a stack of paperwork an inch thick just to extend his visa.

Iceman
07-07-2007, 12:37 AM
The job sounds interesting. As for my bike, it's in piece again. Now that I know it works, I'm try'n to refine everything.

evad
07-07-2007, 01:37 PM
Hey Stu, do you have to redo your drivers lic again?[}:)] Had to here in QLD 7 years ago
Tell you, doing your test again after 20+ years of bad habits sucks!!![^]

Gix11
07-07-2007, 01:41 PM
Yea, I had to do both tests again back in '97. Sucks big time. Do it in the sticks was the trick. They still did the "round the block" bike test out there and the car test was one parellel park and 50 minutes of talking about the UK. Easy really.

Jockney Rebel
07-07-2007, 08:39 PM
im just going thru my stack of papers for me perm visa they want everything signed by a JP luckily my mum in laws one....as for licences i just exchanged mine for an aussie one :} woudnt give me ,me class 2 truck licence tho :{

alfiestorm
07-07-2007, 09:32 PM
It all changed a while back now anyone with a full uk license can have a Aussie license