PDA

View Full Version : Shooting Close to Home

shift1313
17-04-2007, 12:39 PM
Since ive heard from relatives in amsterdam, spain, and england im sure you guys might have heard about the mass shottings at virginia tech. Thats what i work and go to school and its pretty crazy here. Its truely a sad day, that are around 33 dead and almost the same number injured.

zx12argh
17-04-2007, 12:52 PM
Matt, that truely is a tradgedy. Its a shame the shooter took his own life... It just makes you ask why this shit sort of happens in this day and age.

dazz
17-04-2007, 12:56 PM
I speak for all the guys here in saying our wishes go out to all those affected by the terrible events of today.

You are all in our thoughts at this time

Iceman
17-04-2007, 01:18 PM
Matt, details were a bit sketchy this morning, I glad to hear it's over now. Our thoughts go out to all the friends and families of those unfortunate people who's lives will never be the same after this day.

latheboy
17-04-2007, 02:25 PM
Thats shit house bud ... dont know what to say ummm im with the other guys with what they said

speeddemon
17-04-2007, 03:09 PM
That very fucked up and a very sad day - should draw and quarter the bastard if he lived

Gix11
17-04-2007, 05:04 PM
First I've heard. That's shit. When will America learn to stop gun sales? Sorry to hear mate.

17-04-2007, 06:32 PM
shit to hear mate, good to hear you didn't get caught up in it.

gibbo
17-04-2007, 07:15 PM
Sad news Matt, shocking hearing about it this morning, why do these guys shoot kids? Keep yor fucken head down mate!

shift1313
17-04-2007, 10:42 PM
the shoot was early 20s college age although they havent said if he was a student or even if the two events were related or not. I hear the early AM shooting was over a love interest. There was some fighting in the dorm between a male and a female, the Resident Advisor on the hall went in to ask them to keep it down at which point he was shot in the leg, and the girl was shot. the Advisor was a friend of my sister inlaw and he died as well as the girl.

A few hours later there were more shootings across campus in an academic building where, as i know it, the shooter entered a french class and just opened fire. I know one of the two kids that survived in that class, he said the shoot came in without saying anything and just opened fire. The guy i know dropped to the ground and didnt move and was not shot. There was a german class that the shooter went into and opened fire, reloaded and opened fire again, when he left the room 2 people that were not shot and one that was wounded baracaded the door, at which time the shooter began shooting the door trying to get back in.

It really makes me sick that this can happen. There is nothing more the university could have done even though they are catching hell for this. But if you have a crazy gunman anywhere there are large groups of people, there is no plan you can have to keep him from openeing fire. Especially since he chained the doors shut from the inside. By the time police got to and in the building he had killed himself.

I dont personally own a gun and this doesnt make me want a gun because i dont think it solves anything. Anyone now adays here can get a gun, and a concealed weapons permit. You are not allowed to have guns on campus, not even allowed to have one in your car driving through campus but there is no way to regulate that really.

its just sad

BOHEMION
17-04-2007, 11:39 PM
Thats bloody sad mate! Just fuked up tools out there mate. Gutless barstards who end up taking them selves out so they dont have to face up to there actions.

catchmeifyoucan
18-04-2007, 07:02 PM
thats fucked up shit man, it really takes a gutless person to do something like that then take there own life, its really just sad... maybe one day the government might pull there fingers out of each others asses and do something about the gun laws..
our condolences go out to you and everyones family and friends over there..

Jockney Rebel
19-04-2007, 01:21 AM
sorry to hear that matt mate must rattle ya to think you cant even go to school in safety...

the trouble with regulating gun laws is like ..after the massacre in dunblane in scotland all hand guns were made illegal..who handed them in ? all the law abiding people who wouldnt use them anyway..dunno how to resolve deal with this i personnally dont like em but being brought up in a military family id rather have one and not need it than need it and not have one

shift1313
20-04-2007, 02:32 AM
there have been alot of things come up in the past few days. between teh shooting the shooter mailed a package to nbc news with pictures, videos and a manafesto. Its very disturbing. two years ago he was sent to a mental health facility and he purchased the hand guns legally a month ago.

just horrible

suxukifreak
20-04-2007, 06:01 AM
Q. What does West Virginia Tech College & Mount Everest have in common?

A. Each has one killer slope and it's minus 32.