PDA

View Full Version : Hi there guys

honda boy
14-04-2007, 08:34 PM
Hi guys. Name's Greg. (Honda boy seemed like a good way to stir the possum with you guys too as there seems to be a bit of anti Honda sentiment outthere).

Anyway wanted to say g'day and I've read the protocol etc and know not to ask for anything in the first posting.

I am amazed at the talent of you guys. the bikes are fantastic. I own a CB1000 and I know the CB1000 isn't a streetfighter but its naked at least.

Before you ask hopefully there will be a couple of pictures of the bike below too ( if I worked it out correctly. more than one photo takes a bit more work doesn't it).

Found the site while trying to track down a pair of front rotors for my CB1000. Can't find anything like waves or buzzsaws to fit CB1000. Only standard. Anyone know of something diferent... woops forgot - I wasn't going to ask for anything....

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/1046756171182801.jpg

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/1046756171195898.jpg

Zed14
14-04-2007, 08:42 PM
call exben at extreme creations he could do you some and welcome. i have some kawasaki stickers if you want that bike to look better.

Iceman
14-04-2007, 08:51 PM
Welcome aboard Greg, looks like you've had a bit of a look around before you posted, good move. Now expect some flak for owning a Honda (read :piece of crap), lol.

Check out the parts page for links to extreme creations, Austreetfighter and other suppliers of all things streetfightery.

devo
14-04-2007, 09:48 PM
Hey Greg wow a Honda what a fantastic choice of motorcycle (bwahhaaahahhaa). Just kidd'n.[B)]
When Honda said to Mick Doohan you can take your pick of any bike for the road that is what he picked.;)
Don't mind the CB1000's Mate look ok for a Honda.:D

honda boy
14-04-2007, 09:50 PM
Hi Iceman, Yeah I've tried Ben and he put me in contact with Awesome disks in Melbourne (i think). I haven't contacted them yet. Also tried Stu at AuSFR and his buzz saws don't fit mine either. I'll keep looking. Thanks anyway.

Gix11
14-04-2007, 11:40 PM
Hey HondaBoy. How come you want to change your front discs first? I can see a sea of things that need changing on a smaller budget first. I had a CB400 for a while which was my wife's bike but I rode it. They are quite good fun (I'm guessing the thou is the same but bigger). I'd be looking at mirrors, indicators, hacksaw (for the rear mudguard) and some straight wide bars before I looked at discs. Oh, and by the way, welcome aboard. By the way, where are you from?

gibbo
15-04-2007, 01:06 AM
G'day hoonaboy, I reckon Rod down at awesom discs should be able to sort you out ok, he'ss just up the road from me so if you need something checked out give me a shout mate.

Jockney Rebel
15-04-2007, 01:20 AM
greg welcome mate ive bin waiting for someone who ones one of those
..need a favour could you measure your tank from the mounting bolt at the back to the mounts on the neck i know it sounds nuts but i wanna know if i can get that tank to fit my cb900..love those 1000 s what they like to live with
cheers mate

honda boy
15-04-2007, 08:57 AM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

Hey HondaBoy. How come you want to change your front discs first? I can see a sea of things that need changing on a smaller budget first. I had a CB400 for a while which was my wife's bike but I rode it. They are quite good fun (I'm guessing the thou is the same but bigger). I'd be looking at mirrors, indicators, hacksaw (for the rear mudguard) and some straight wide bars before I looked at discs. Oh, and by the way, welcome aboard. By the way, where are you from?

Gix,

Rotors are warped so that's my priority at the moment. After browsing this site though there's a list a mile long of things I want to try.

honda boy
15-04-2007, 09:01 AM
quote:Originally posted by frankenbiker

..need a favour could you measure your tank from the mounting bolt at the back to the mounts on the neck i know it sounds nuts but i wanna know if i can get that tank to fit my cb900..love those 1000 s what they like to live with
cheers mate

Frankenbiker,
I love it and I've had no problems in the 12 months I've owned it other than the rotors warping. She's big and heavy though so I can't keep up with the sportbikes through the twisties. (Well I blame the bike anyway I'm sure its got nothing to do with my limited riding ability :))

I'll try and get those measurements for you later this arvo and let you know.

WATEVR
15-04-2007, 09:43 AM
welcome aboard honda boy.

honda boy
15-04-2007, 07:06 PM

greg welcome mate ive bin waiting for someone who ones one of those
cheers mate

Frankenbiker.,

Took a few measurements, hope this is what you wanted. If not let me know. I ran the tape horizontally from the front of the tank to the rear mounting braket. About 660 mm but as the front of the tank is higher the actual length along the tank is 730 mm. The first photo should show what I mean.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/18178775296053.jpg

Dimensions of the tank.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/181787752101871.jpg

Mounting braket at seat

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/181787752119482.jpg

tank viewed from above

Gix, Ithink you asked where I was from - I live in the Hunter Valley in NSW not far from Maitland.

Zed14
15-04-2007, 07:09 PM
another newie boy.

Jockney Rebel
15-04-2007, 07:41 PM
cheers mate that should doit ..it just looks shorter than my cb1100r tank butill measure mine up this could solve a biggie for me
im on the central coast not far at all

Zed14
15-04-2007, 07:54 PM
i could deliver those kwaka stickers then mate.

Jockney Rebel
15-04-2007, 11:42 PM
whats the colour of envy again?:}

Budda
16-04-2007, 07:32 AM
nice,a another big one rider.i had mine for 5 years and its been the best bike ive ever had. did some mods to the engine and it puts out about 130 bhp... it keeps up whith most bikes but looses at the top end.
u can finde a pic of it in my history here....
and check out demon tweeks in the uk they have some after market parts for the big one....( not alot)
but then if u wanna go the easy way of fighting ur bike buye a bandit u just need mmoney...:D .

zx12argh
16-04-2007, 08:54 AM
Welcom aboard matey - dont be to worried about the payouts around here. Most of these guys dont even ride [:p]

Well thats what it seems - every time I turn up to a meet they all drive!!!

exile
16-04-2007, 09:15 AM
Welcome aboard fella...
Why are you hidding your left foot in that top down foto, did you forget to take off the nail varnish :D

Jockney Rebel
16-04-2007, 08:04 PM
greg does ur bike have a fuel guage ?

honda boy
16-04-2007, 09:13 PM

greg does ur bike have a fuel guage ?

Frankenbiker,

No mate. Reset the trip meter each time I fill up.