PDA

View Full Version : exhaust cans custom handmade

DYLAN
13-04-2007, 08:47 AM
hey if anyone wants any custom cans i can make em from 304SS and aluminium they are priced from $400-$600, i can give quotes if you email me what you want! i would appreciate the work as i would like to make it my full time job!! (i am a welder/sheety)
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/83760767134622.JPG
:):)

DYLAN
13-04-2007, 08:55 AM
XT 600 i made the can and headerpipe

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/83760767185398.jpg

Gix11
13-04-2007, 01:39 PM
Very intersting mate. I might be needing your services down the line a bit.

DYLAN
13-04-2007, 04:53 PM
sweet, that just what i want to see Gix11.
i have been havin a bit of trouble cracking the market, i need a reputation!!

i have only sold about a dozen in tassie, but customers have been happy, the local business in tassie is starting to get some intrest so a bit of interstate would be brilliant!

last and final selling point is : limited production, custom, and hand made. can make em sound how you like, perform how you like and look how you like (within reason )

Email: roonracing@gmail.com

Tone
13-04-2007, 05:14 PM
Nice cans!
Sorry,couldn't resist.

They look great Dylan.

fimpBIKES
13-04-2007, 05:40 PM
what sort of internals?

got a sound clip on your SV?

DYLAN
13-04-2007, 06:20 PM
SV is very loud in the shed haven't started it outside yet

done a couple of two stroke pipes (RZ250, KTM250sx)they where bout average,
i had one on a ZX6R,GSXR750,YZF750R they were loud but you could get away with it i never got booked!

XT600 was loud but still alright

the internals are stainless i can do straight through, expantions and other stuff like street plugs/inserts if you like the latter can cut performance a bit.

packing i use a fibre mat or stainless steel wool.

on a four cylinder its a bit louder (nicer) than a yoshi RS3 or similar
you wont get a ticket unless you are full noise, haven't done any dynos yet but in a month or so i am doing a pipe for a 99 R1 and dyno session the last one with a micron pipe put 126 at the back wheel so i will have some hard info soon

Cruisecontrol
13-04-2007, 07:13 PM
A lot of bucks to lay down on an unknown quantity.

They look nice though.

Jockney Rebel
13-04-2007, 10:55 PM
do you do headers ?

Seifer
14-04-2007, 07:51 AM
Was going to ask the same thing.

Booster
14-04-2007, 08:29 AM
What thickness tube are you using for the outer ??
Can you give me a idea on price for a 100mm outer 63 mm inner straight thru, 370mm long stainless packing welded ends, slip on , 45deg exit
Thanks

DYLAN
16-04-2007, 09:50 AM
booster that would cost $470+postage and the tube is 1.6mm wall thickness. the slip over with a clamp or springs holding it in position?

as far as headers go i dont have any jigs at the moment so i need the bike to make headers.

the performance of an exhaust as far as the engine goes is all in the length and diameter of the exhaust headers and collecter pipe/can. the collapse of the pulsewaves in the exhaust causes positive and negative presures at the cylinder this will cause increases in the volume of fuel /air charge in the cylinders. for example a 750 @4000 rpm may be running at 95% of its volume (712 cc of air/fuel) but @ 12000 rpm it may be running at 125% of its volume (937cc of fuel/air) due to this effect of positive and negative presure at parts of the rpm. this is also true on the intake side. the pulse starts at the valve travles the length of the intake/exhaust and returnes back to the valve. The diameter governs the speed of the exhaust pulse and the length the time it takes. the correct combination of the two being important.
negative presure as the exhaust leaves the cylinder, so the cylinder has a negative presure as the intake valve opens, positive presure when the intake valve closes, hence more volume. and it is important to spread the performance of the intake/ exhaust over the rpm range to suit the bikes application and riders style. race bike topend gains, touring bottom/midrange gains

other things that will effect exhaust performance are
port sizes
valve sizes
cam timing, duration and lift
intake design (diameter and length)
all these things must be tuned with the other in mind for the power curve required of the engine. i should also say since all that stuff is going to stay the same i make the exhaust to suit these things.

i have computer software (using all engine specs)for development of exhausts if need be. i have found 48.5mm is a good diameter for most bikes with good power spread on 600 /750. 73mm is good for NEW 1000cc. most exhausts will mostly change power spread take a bit from the bottom add some at the top and viseverser allthough it is quite posible to gain all over and from a stock pipe you will be sure to gain somewhere, usualy the midrange and topend

i hope that explains that i have a reasonable grasp of the workings of engines. as soon as i have some dyno results i will post them but they are expensive and most people dont like to watch someone else rev the shit out of their bike, wouldn't worry me thats what they were designed for !

zx12argh
16-04-2007, 10:15 AM
Can you do cans that aren't cylindrical? In about a year (sorry I know but students gotta eat before they replace their cans) I'm changint the under seat cans on my 12r for an polyogonal shape