PDA

View Full Version : brendon smith

crazymofo
02-07-2007, 07:40 AM

i didnt know you, i never met you till this morning.

i heard the bang some 500m away, the horns blaring, as i sat drinking my tea in my living room, i thought it happened out front of my house, i rushed to see what happened, there was nothing, but i could hear the horns, i knew where it was, that bad bit of road, so dark it is at that time if morning, i ran there,

I arrived to see a car, completely stoved on the drivers side all the way back to the windsheild, with 2 occupants, one on the ground with chest pains, the other wandering round all confused, i pull the horns, i then try to talk to them, they dont speak english, i try to call friends for them they didnt answer, i looked around, i saw 2 men standing,

and then...

and i found you in the bushes, you were in a bad way, face bloodied, eyes glazed, both legs twisted beyond recognition, with one showing bone, and all the flesh in it. and one arm, destroyed, tried to keep you concious, you were fading, your lungs gasping for air.

call the ambo's they are on their way, another man went and got blankets.
i tried to talk to you, you were unresponsive, just your body having fits as you left us,

the ambo's arrive, they tried to revive you, i knew you had already gone,

the police come, i answer a few questions, and as i leave i spot part of your flesh some 20 meters from the crash scene, i turned to look at the carnage one more time, i realize the extent of the accident,

head on.. motorcycle, car, the harley davidson you rode... thrown off the road, twisted. The car.. its front drivers side corner pushed all the way back to the windsheild, it was a massive impact, enough to spin the car around to face the wrong way, you were thrown so violently, i saw the snapped branches of the tree you hit, some 3 meters in the air... 15 meters from the crash,

i never knew you, but you rode motorcycles, that was good enough for me,

Rest In Peace, godspeed, and hope you ride the winding road for all of time.

joe. :(

be care full out there folks

fimpBIKES
02-07-2007, 10:08 AM
damn, RIP

latheboy
02-07-2007, 10:54 AM
shit house ... poor dude .. hope you'll be alright too joe .. not a nice to see ever!!!

zx12argh
02-07-2007, 12:24 PM
sorry to hear this joe - its always a tragedy no matter whoever wherever whatever they ride

Gix11
02-07-2007, 12:51 PM
Was that today in Studio Village? Sorry you had to see that mate, it's never pretty.

Iceman
02-07-2007, 01:12 PM
It's never good coming across an accident scene, even worse when it's fatal. Talking to people always helps. Hopfully you have a good support network of family and friends. If not, you know we're all here if you need someone to talk to.

damo1
02-07-2007, 01:44 PM
[:0]Holy crap sorry to hear that Joe thats a pretty ordinary thing to have to see keep your chin up mate the pics of the seen in your mind will soon fade:(

R.I.P Brendon:)

Jockney Rebel
02-07-2007, 04:55 PM
my thots for the guys family ..its times like this that we are all brothers [and sisters]
joe yer a man with a heart much respect

crazymofo
02-07-2007, 09:01 PM
thanks for the show of support guys.

and yeah gix, thats the one, media are turning this into a bike bashing story.... again..

truth is, the folks in the car, were asian tourists, they were in a hire car, couldnt speak a word of english, and couldnt even read the numbers on my mobile fone keypad... so gotta wonder was it really the bikers fault, wont ever know for sure.

joe.

HueyonaBlade
02-07-2007, 09:13 PM
Beautiful words Joe , Im sure if his family could read this they would be very greatful....RESPECT!

Gix11
03-07-2007, 12:37 PM
Fuck I hate the media bullshit: http://www.gcbulletin.com.au/article/2007/07/03/6099_news.html

pt
03-07-2007, 02:54 PM
really sorry to hear that. have to echo icemans words. talk about it, go see someone if you have to. RIP brendon smith

TurboKat
03-07-2007, 03:08 PM
R.I.P. Brendon.

Chin up Joe.

suxukifreak
03-07-2007, 03:21 PM
Any photos.

Watto
03-07-2007, 03:57 PM
[V]never good to see another fallen rider but he was lucky to have another see him off

On ya Joe and condolences to his family

suxukifreak
03-07-2007, 08:36 PM
Found this on another forum.....

A MOTORCYCLIST has become the 40th person killed on Gold Coast roads in just seven months.

The soaring toll is a macabre record, with 16 more deaths than at the same time last year.

Upper Coomera man Bernie Smith was the region's 13th motorcyclist to die when his Harley-Davidson and a Toyota Corolla collided at Oxenford yesterday morning.

Police said Mr Smith, 37, was riding to work about 6am when the crash occurred on Entertainment Drive, just south of Wet 'n' Wild water park.

He belonged to local motorcycle club the Coomera Cruisers and yesterday, friend and fellow club member Andy Hannah told The Bulletin that his mate had been the most cautious and experienced rider he knew.

"Bernie was the safest rider on the planet," said Mr Hannah.

"I rode with him for 25 years. He was the most placid, happy-go-lucky man and a very good rider.

"He's ridden from Cairns to Adelaide non-stop.

"Bernie did a lot for the club, raising money and helping kids, and was a life member. I am the safety officer with the club and I know he would never cross the white line."

Mr Hannah was clearly distressed over the news of his friend's death and lashed out at any suggestion the experienced rider might have been at fault in the crash.

He said Mr Smith was being used as a scapegoat after the recent spate of motorcycle deaths and threatened to 'burn down' The Gold Coast Bulletin offices if such accusations were published.

Mr Smith died after he and his bike ricocheted off the car and into bush on the side of the road.

The impact of the crash was so severe that the car was pushed backwards for about 20m and the front end was completely crushed.

The driver of the car had a minor leg injury and was taken to the Gold Coast Hospital, along with his female passenger, who was suffering whiplash.

Both were in a stable condition last night.

Police are trying to determine whether one of the vehicles crossed over the double lines and into the path of the other.

Acting Inspector Murray Underwood said police were investigating a couple of possible causes for the accident.

He said the accident scene had been a 'horrific sight'.

"Well the car's gone back about 20m and he's then launched in the air and gone 15m off the road and taken out a branch that was about 3m off the ground," he said.

"It was quite a horrific sight."

Insp Underwood said it was time for all people on the road to hear the message about road safety and to be aware of others around them. "This is just another wake-up call for all motorists to slow down and obey the road rules generally," he said
================================================== ======

Ditto
03-07-2007, 10:01 PM
RIP Brendon
Joe
I have seen too much of this in my previous work and know how you feel. It is something I would wish on no-one. I don't know you at all but sometimes that can help if you need to vent about it, PM me and I will give you a call if you wish.

Ditto

Gix11
04-07-2007, 12:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by suxukifreak

Found this on another forum.....

A MOTORCYCLIST has become the 40th person killed on Gold Coast roads in just seven months.

The soaring toll is a macabre record, with 16 more deaths than at the same time last year.

Upper Coomera man Bernie Smith was the region's 13th motorcyclist to die when his Harley-Davidson and a Toyota Corolla collided at Oxenford yesterday morning.

Police said Mr Smith, 37, was riding to work about 6am when the crash occurred on Entertainment Drive, just south of Wet 'n' Wild water park.

He belonged to local motorcycle club the Coomera Cruisers and yesterday, friend and fellow club member Andy Hannah told The Bulletin that his mate had been the most cautious and experienced rider he knew.

"Bernie was the safest rider on the planet," said Mr Hannah.

"I rode with him for 25 years. He was the most placid, happy-go-lucky man and a very good rider.

"He's ridden from Cairns to Adelaide non-stop.

"Bernie did a lot for the club, raising money and helping kids, and was a life member. I am the safety officer with the club and I know he would never cross the white line."

Mr Hannah was clearly distressed over the news of his friend's death and lashed out at any suggestion the experienced rider might have been at fault in the crash.

He said Mr Smith was being used as a scapegoat after the recent spate of motorcycle deaths and threatened to 'burn down' The Gold Coast Bulletin offices if such accusations were published.

Mr Smith died after he and his bike ricocheted off the car and into bush on the side of the road.

The impact of the crash was so severe that the car was pushed backwards for about 20m and the front end was completely crushed.

The driver of the car had a minor leg injury and was taken to the Gold Coast Hospital, along with his female passenger, who was suffering whiplash.

Both were in a stable condition last night.

Police are trying to determine whether one of the vehicles crossed over the double lines and into the path of the other.

Acting Inspector Murray Underwood said police were investigating a couple of possible causes for the accident.

He said the accident scene had been a 'horrific sight'.

"Well the car's gone back about 20m and he's then launched in the air and gone 15m off the road and taken out a branch that was about 3m off the ground," he said.

"It was quite a horrific sight."

Insp Underwood said it was time for all people on the road to hear the message about road safety and to be aware of others around them. "This is just another wake-up call for all motorists to slow down and obey the road rules generally," he said
================================================== ======

So you didn't click my link then Des? That's the Bulletin report I posted.

suxukifreak
04-07-2007, 03:25 PM
Fuck i hate reposts!!!

Iceman
05-07-2007, 12:54 AM
Des hates reposts.

suxukifreak
09-07-2007, 06:06 PM
Ive been a bad boy.

I posted Crazys details of the crash on another forum and a week later it was deleted with this explanation.......

Suzukifreak1 - your reply was removed after I received the following -

"on behalf of the family of the late Bernie Smith I request that the reply from SuzukiFreak1 be deleted please? These graphic details don't need to be seen by Bernie's mother or sisters. The time and place for this type of info will be at the Coroner's Inquest at some future date and this type of content could hinder any possible court action.

The Police have been notified about this post and they agree it should be deleted. "

Sorry to all concerned.

ozzy1100
09-07-2007, 07:18 PM
my thoughts are with you crazy and the family is lucky he had some one like you 2 see him off
hold your head high when the time came you were there for poeple you didnt even know
no one can take that from you ,you a chanpion amung men and what you have posted was
from the heart and did Bernie proud . we are lucky 2 call you one of ours.

ps. suxu dont worry mate its just p.c gone mad again

spart666
10-07-2007, 06:59 AM
what can i say
i cant remember the last time i read something that moved me
or scared me
be proud mate

r.i.p brendon