PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

ozkat
29-06-2006, 09:37 PM
I fully insured my 7/11 a couple of weeks ago with Shannons, i told them about all mods.
GSXR 88 7/1340 750k frame, 1100k swingarm, 95 750 WR front end(WP internals), 1100m rear wheel, cross drilled rotors, braided brake lines, Yoshimura Ti duplex race system, kevlar clutch + H/duty springs, billet clutch basket, undercut gearbox, bench flowed head, 3 angle valve job, wiseco 1371 block and liners, cosworth forged pistons and rings, yoshi cams, stainless head gasket, O ringed block, dynojeted 40mm cv carbs, K&N filter, Toby s/damper, Ohlins rear shock
$17.45 per month!! Thats only $209.40 per year. Allowed 8000km per year, over 35yo, no speeding tickets in the last 5 years, bike garaged , inc $1500 riding gear and $1000 pillion gear. $500 excess, no excess if stolen, Bloody good deal i reckon.

BOHEMION
29-06-2006, 09:41 PM
thats a steal. Makes me wanan be an old fella, but then again Nah[:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:p]

Rich
29-06-2006, 09:59 PM
What value did you or Shannons put on the 7/11 ??

Cheers Rich

devo
30-06-2006, 08:12 AM
quote:thats a steal. Makes me wanan be an old fella, but then again Nah
quote:.
Hey BOH picked up on what you said and you didn't even
pardon the Pun.:D

BOHEMION
30-06-2006, 08:44 AM
[:p]

fimpBIKES
30-06-2006, 12:43 PM
fuck me, can i put my insurance under your name mate??

Matt
30-06-2006, 12:44 PM
Shannons are certainly cheaper it seems. Has anyone on here made a claim with them yet? I've heard many rumours of car nuts who are really happy with shannons until they make a claim........
Don't have specifics, only heresay.

God
30-06-2006, 01:20 PM
Most of the bitchin goin on about Shannons at the moment is from twats who are pissed off that they wouldn't insure them.

We've had the fleet insured with them for years - from way back when it was difficult to get insurance from them (ie you needed something very exotic, needed to be a member of a recognised club, etc etc) - and their rates are consistantly cheaper than the market providing you don't use your vehicle as an everyday commuter.

As far as claims/repairs goes, we've unfortunately had to claim a few times in the last three years for the bikes/car and can only congratulate them on how professional, reasonable & ethical they were to deal with. They were not a push over, more importantly they were fair.

A couple of asides:
1. Alot of the twats bitchin in other forum/mags get their frilly g-strings twisted because Shannons don't insure everyday commuters - the twats bang on about how they are "true enthusiasts" b/c the ride everyday wank wank wank or that they find mileage limits offensive and how could any "enthusiast" limit themselves to 8,000km/year. I'd be surprised if many of them manage much than 8,000 km a year. Ooh such high mileage. Fuckwits.
2. Even if the twats hate Shannons, can't they see the recent improvements to insurance industry - eg. QBE etc now being forced to offer the sort of options just because Shannons do...?

PS: Thought I must add. I don't work or have anything to gain from Shannons. I am just a happy customer.

ozkat
30-06-2006, 03:54 PM
Boh you already are a dick ;). The insurance valuation for the 1340 with shannons is 10k. I have a couple of mates that have been with Shannons for a few years, both have had claims (yes it was their fault) they reckon they had no problems at all. One chose a repairer and the other self repaired. Shannons also insure both our cars and home insurance, with 10k cover for anything automotive in my garage, tools, bike parts, memrobilia etc.

fimpBIKES
30-06-2006, 05:43 PM
looking to go shannons on the TLR for sure

its probably going to be cheaper to have both the katana and the TLR rego'd and insured with shannons and just alternate each day
that way neither of the bikes should do more than 8k a year ;)

Rich
30-06-2006, 05:50 PM
For any one considering Shannons you only ride your bike ONCE a week ;) Got it ??

Cheers Rich

Rich
30-06-2006, 06:21 PM
God, its always good to give credit where credits due

Cheers Rich

sluglie
30-06-2006, 08:16 PM
what shits me about shannons is they dont actually specify low mileage and restricted riding until you have spent an hour going through all the shit untill it gets to the pertenant question, and whats with 8000 a year, is that the best they can offer, insurance over here is shitfull (shannons are just one of many) i am insured with a uk company for les than even shannons charge with no mileage limitations at all, i have made a claim with them and it was no more dificult than dealing with an aus insurer.

get yourselvs a beter deal guys and maybe the insurance companys might just realise where they are going wrong

sharky
30-06-2006, 08:34 PM
What got me with Shannons when I was ringing around for the wifes bike was the non commuter bit....If she decided one sunny morning to ride to work instead of drive..instantly uninsured.:( And when I asked what about if I decided to go a see a customer to quote for a job on the bike instead of taking the ute....they didn't have an answer..they would consider it when it happened...fat lot of good that is.
So I phoned RACV for her...and they matched Shannons with no restrictions at all.......And QBE beat them for my bike too...

ozkat
30-06-2006, 08:36 PM
One of the first questions they asked me is would i do more than 8000km per year. i could have chosen more than 8k per year but id actually be lucky if i did half that mileage per year. so i really dont need more.

sluglie
30-06-2006, 10:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by ozkat

One of the first questions they asked me is would i do more than 8000km per year. i could have chosen more than 8k per year but id actually be lucky if i did half that mileage per year. so i really dont need more.

maybe its because i rang them as soon as they started advertising last year and they hadnt got there customer service sorted so they wernt asking that sort of question till later in the interview.

also they were loath to insure my bike because i ride a zrx1200 naked quacker

fimpBIKES
30-06-2006, 10:44 PM
so is the limitation whether u commute on the bike
or whether you do more than 8k a year?

or both?

sharky
30-06-2006, 10:57 PM
Nah mate. If you use your bike to commute even once a year they wont cover you.

ozkat
30-06-2006, 11:23 PM
Yes they will i asked the same question to them. They will cover me if i ride my bike to work.

ozkat
30-06-2006, 11:25 PM
Im covered up to 8000 km per year no matter what type of riding i do. and i asked them if i ride to work every now and then if im covered , they said "Ofcourse you are"

FIGHTERMC
01-07-2006, 12:35 AM
over here in ireland we have only 2 companys that insure bikes
and i pay 1000 euro per year and if i was to go to the other company it would be
about 1500 euros and thats only 3rd party if its stolen or damaged its
my problem.

gibbo
01-07-2006, 08:57 PM
So Sluglie, whats the name of your insurance company?

sluglie
01-07-2006, 10:45 PM
quote:Originally posted by gibbo

So Sluglie, whats the name of your insurance company?

bennets mate ( http://www.bennetts.co.uk/ ), been insured with them for years, when i told them i was moving to aus they said they could cover me in a different country but would add 2-3 weeks for my claim.

i have had to claim off them once since being here (wet tram tracks) and i had the approval within 8 days of the quote being lodged with them and the cheque 5 days later, quicker than any aus company i know of

fimpBIKES
02-07-2006, 02:06 PM
didnt realise u could do that, how does it go for greenslips
wouldnt they have a different system?

speeddemon
02-07-2006, 06:11 PM
fimp - greenslips will always be a ripoff! some worse than others

sluglie
02-07-2006, 08:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

didnt realise u could do that, how does it go for greenslips
wouldnt they have a different system?

dunno mate i am in melb and we dont have to sort that stuff out (only if you are gonna sell)

Matt
03-07-2006, 06:44 AM
Sounds like the hoo haa of shannons claims is all crap. I think i will be giving them a call!!! :D

God
03-07-2006, 09:07 AM
Rich,

Given I've never met you or even emailed, what have I done to upset you?

If you want to have a go at me - have the balls to do so.

Don't behave like a bitchy little schoolgirl with snide comments - especially when you are so totally and absolutely fucking wrong.

Before you drop yer pants to speak again, have a chat to Ozkat.

God.

chong
03-07-2006, 09:19 AM
shannons is owned by AAMI so the repair prossess is handled by AAMI customer service centres renound as the best in the business
and easy to get along with.:D:D

Gix11
03-07-2006, 12:45 PM
Rich and Tim: before we start another one of those topics, leave it there please guys. Don't want to start deleting again.

gibbo
03-07-2006, 06:55 PM
Hey Chong, do those smiley faces denote sarcasm? I ask because in the car trade in Vic they have been considered the worst company to deal with. At least as far as when I was still in the smash repair game anyway.

Rich
04-07-2006, 10:41 AM
God, I believed I had it on good authority that you were an unscrupulous dealer. If I was told something that was less than correct I am sorry to you and eveyone else on ASF for reading my shit.

Please except my apology, I owe you a beer or a first free punch. I hope you drink beer.

I will delete my comments.

Cheers Rich

God
04-07-2006, 11:28 AM
Hi Rich,

Thanks.

You have mail.

God.

Rich
04-07-2006, 12:12 PM
I haven't received mail, a letter bomb ??

Cheers Rich

fimpBIKES
04-07-2006, 12:33 PM
jeez, get a room ladies [:x]

Tony Nitrous
08-07-2006, 12:35 PM
42 year old, 5 years no claims,
recent 3 points for speeding,
UK licence for age's, QLD licence 2 years.

My 02 Hayabusa, Yoshi cans, Screen, etc, Garaged,
used couple times a week, no work commuting,
Value $13000,
Fully comp....
$489.35

My 04 Hayabusa, Yoshi cans, Screen, Polished rims, TRE, etc, Garaged,
used couple times a week, no work commuting,
Value $15,000,
Fully comp....
$496.57
(Western QBE quoted $883)

Tony.J.