PDA

View Full Version : stretched and slammed

mrcheese
01-07-2007, 07:55 AM
Just had a look at the new parid, thetre is a r1 that is sttreetched and slammed, I like this idea as it is suppoosed to allow for better straight line speed. Ok to the question what are thoughts on the extensions that can be added onto the end of the swing arms ( i know that extendeding the swing arm will allow me to twist it full on at lift off with out wheely) but lammimg the front (and the back ?) allow for greater speed stability. Im a short arse so ride height aint no issue

Gix11
01-07-2007, 10:27 AM
It will handle like a piece of shit on the road mate. Corners will e a thing of the past for you. Are you planning on building a drag bike or a road bike? If you do what that guy has done then you're going to be following the American trend of all show no flow. They just have a wank onn the highway and never see the twisties. If that's the case they should just buy a Hardley Ableson.

As for leeting the throttle go full go and dumping it with am extended swingarm, unless you've got a adjustable limiter on it ain't going to stop you from flipping it mate:

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/90286310759658.jpg

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/506942990100392.jpg

Docktor
01-07-2007, 10:58 AM
A little bit of rear brake should have that stand under control again :). ........ Once the road comes up to meet the tyre again

mrcheese
01-07-2007, 12:18 PM
pictures paint a thousand words. I want to do a bit of both, a good middle ground, so do i improve my control or the bikes?. I just read some past posts about lowering bones and frount straps tie downs? is it worth just squating her down a little, like I said Im not that tall so it couldnt hurt. Thanks for the replies.

fimpBIKES
01-07-2007, 02:41 PM
if you want better control, go do a californian superbike school course

i cant see how just fitting a longer swingarm is going to help u control your bike?
if your short then get your seat re-shaped

mrcheese
01-07-2007, 03:48 PM
where im coming from is I know that some bikes have the extended/extendable swing arms for when they do straightline stuff. The swing arm length would be in relation to being able to open the throttle fully without having to worry about the wheel coming up, I want to be going forward not upward. Wheelies have there place, it is not when you are burning off the lights with some fuckwit in a rex besides you. I want it all, both control and twisties fun. Most of my time is on freeways. I want to be able to run if I have to so a swing arm extended USA style doesnt seem to be the way. Going to ride school is good for everyone but not what im after. The tip of playing with the rear will be tried.
So will sqautting the bike help me a little, ( the seat is fine for now)

mrcheese
01-07-2007, 04:50 PM
p.s with consideration to GIX11 I know that the extended swingarm thing isnt always and options, I guess i am still looking for what I want then hey

Gix11
01-07-2007, 05:47 PM
The irony of it is that most Streetfighter riders love the idea of the front lifting. You have a Bandit 1200, it's got loads of torque and nothing up front so it's going to lift if you let it. Rather than mess with the bike (as it is a great all-rounder without doing much) adjust your riding style. If you want to drag a WRX from the lights, just slip the clutch and you will not lift unless you fully enagage it too soon, and let's face it, your bike would out drag a WRX without much effort anyway. Extending swingarms and lowering is going to trash the handling on decent roads (i.e. not the highway) and I reckon you'll regret it the first time you hit those roads. What bike did you have before the Bandit mate?

mrcheese
01-07-2007, 08:22 PM
Thanks guys it seems that i have had my questions answered, thankyou all for the input, better to talk to others then argue with my self in my head. Im sure that there will be more to come as I get going with this bike. And yeah it eats wrx's and I love it:D:D
Past bikes Ive owned are a monster, zzr, triumph legend, old yammy. Pretty much all different styles, the monster was my baby but I gotta say the Bandit owns me out right.
She so fucken mean.[:p]

exile
01-07-2007, 10:16 PM
You can extend the swinger by 4" without royally fuckin up the handling, you just get used to it ;) Mines at +1"over with 3" drag slots and 2" droped with the forks and mine handles shweeeeetly.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/exile711/7%20yr%20itch/Black_Suzuki_Bandit_4.jpg

fimpBIKES
01-07-2007, 10:29 PM
nice chicken strips

(couldnt help meself :), although yours isnt exactly "stretched n slammed" looks good to me!)

Scrapyard
02-07-2007, 11:45 AM
I ran my 900RR +6 for a little while. It wasn't bad. Still handeled well and was deffinatly more stable at speed. I did not lower it though. If anything it lifted the bike an inch or so. It deffinatly didn't wheely nearly as easily. I kinda liked it. With my current swinger it's about +3 over stock and handels very well and launches much nicer. And is still an inch taller at the rear.

mrcheese
03-07-2007, 07:38 PM
Ahh thanks guys, thats the sort of thing I was looking for. I dont wann ago the wanky yanky mega stretch just a bit to help out, exile that bike sits sweet, thats the stance I want, sitting on her today I dont think I would want to lower it. Might dip the front a bit in the trees to make her turn in faster thats about it, amybe 1cm if that.
You can get these little add on bits for the swingers that take them out about 3 or 4 over, Thoughts on these.

exile
04-07-2007, 01:33 AM
Are you on about the DRAG SLOTT ADJUSTERS ???

mrcheese
04-07-2007, 05:18 AM
yep