PDA

View Full Version : stainless steel cable ties

alfiestorm
24-03-2007, 08:47 AM
would anybody be interested in stainless steel cable ties they have a dull finish but polish up easily:)

They can be applied in the normal way or you can you an applicator tool that has adjustable torque or tightness before it cuts the excess off.

Thought I might add that they are less noticeable than the usual plastic black and white ones.
Ideal for when you have to use them in conspicuous areas they look a fuck sight better than them plastic ones plus the bit where they join together is not a square bit sticking out it is flat.

:)

suxukifreak
24-03-2007, 08:54 AM
Hang on, i'll go ask the misses [:p] ;)

zx12argh
24-03-2007, 09:39 AM
You can get stainless steel cable ties? merde [:0][:0]

I could build my entire bike out of zip ties.........

Hang on, its not a ducati monster tho ;)

alfiestorm
24-03-2007, 10:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by zx12argh

What are you on about man you cant use stainless cable ties on a ducati you'll add value to it :D

megareg
24-03-2007, 11:06 AM
Not sure if you would get the right tension on a SS cable tie, but if you could afford the tie gun, it might be ok, just watch out for slicing your fingers when zipping them up, bit like razors, I use them at work.

http://reginaldsquiveringmember.com/tincan/cheers203.gif

24-03-2007, 11:50 AM
quote:Originally posted by alfiestorm

quote:Originally posted by zx12argh

What are you on about man you cant use stainless cable ties on a ducati you'll add value to it :D

Yeah, but at least then there'll be something reliable on the bike :D

Removing them could be a bitch though. You're average scissors might not handle stainless steel.

Gix11
24-03-2007, 01:10 PM
I have them on my forks holding the brake lines in place. They do look a damn sight better as they are the same colour as my forks, but as reg says, getting the tension right is a prick as they will try and dig into the line and so you have to leave them a little looser due to the movement they need. I'm forever moving them up and down. Definitely a shit load better in the looks department though.

Stocky
25-03-2007, 06:55 AM
They are also good for places where heat could be an issue.

I have the gun that tensions them and cuts them off , but they would be a little hard to use with out the gun.

I have them holding an alum/ceramic heat sheild on my exhaust and they are workin well.

megareg
25-03-2007, 05:41 PM
jeeezz Stocky, you have one of those tie guns! we buy them in at work, some contractor uses it in doing their job, much later we don't find it again, have to buy another.. around $800... so that is why I use a screwdriver tip and pliers to tension them up.

Cheers

chopaweeza
26-03-2007, 07:16 PM
In Australia Blackwoods stock them. They use them on the cryogenic fittings at work.

Stocky
26-03-2007, 07:36 PM
I didn't buy mine.

It's actually Krash's and I think it was left over from a previous life (job)

Guess I'll looka after it if it's that expensive to replace LOL