PDA

View Full Version : suspension help

BANDITROD
30-06-2007, 01:41 PM
ok men (and women) i am going to spend some dollars on my stock bandit forks . why you ask because i want it to be different to all the other bandits i have seen with usd forks i dont mean to stir shit i just like the look of the stock ones myself. all i need to know is who[?]and where[?] i should take them i am not too stressed about cost i was told to get them gold valved and resprung i am 6foot 4" and weigh 115kgs[:0] so what would get the job done any help would be great cheers Rod
p.s. i am running the ohlins rear if that makes any difference:D

Deano
30-06-2007, 05:11 PM
mate you will still need to get your rear shock set up for your weight and riding style (i assume you havn't had that done already). it may need new spring and valving aswell.

any sus place should be able to do the work for you. the only person i can reccomend (but not from experience) is Arthurs seat racing. he raced for 30 odd years and used to build entire race bikes but now specializes in suspenison.

I have heard alot rave about him and his suspension work. also does road sus aswell and racing. i don't believe he advertises as he dosn't need to.
can get you his number as i have his bus card at work

hope you don't mind forking out(no pun intended)cause those gold valves you speak of will probably set you back $5-700 on their own at a guess
good luck

RussVC
30-06-2007, 06:05 PM
Try the Racetech site for recommendations, it allows for your weight.
http://www.racetech.com/evalving/menu/searchstreet.asp

Cruisecontrol
30-06-2007, 06:20 PM
It is a lot of dollars to spend on a set of budget forks that will still only have preload adjustment when all is done.

BANDITROD
01-07-2007, 12:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by Deano

mate you will still need to get your rear shock set up for your weight and riding style (i assume you havn't had that done already). it may need new spring and valving aswell.

any sus place should be able to do the work for you. the only person i can reccomend (but not from experience) is Arthurs seat racing. he raced for 30 odd years and used to build entire race bikes but now specializes in suspenison.

I have heard alot rave about him and his suspension work. also does road sus aswell and racing. i don't believe he advertises as he dosn't need to.
can get you his number as i have his bus card at work

hope you don't mind forking out(no pun intended)cause those gold valves you speak of will probably set you back $5-700 on their own at a guess
good luck
yeah sounds good mate and i will get rear done aswell like i said im not to stressed about cost thank deano cheers Rod:D

BANDITROD
01-07-2007, 12:56 AM
quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

It is a lot of dollars to spend on a set of budget forks that will still only have preload adjustment when all is done.
yeah im hearin ya but like i said i like the look of the stock ones dont get me wrong usd look fuckin tuff as but i will be using the stock ones for now cheers Rod

BANDITROD
01-07-2007, 12:57 AM
thanks for the link russ not a bad site got some good info cheers Rod

StuNVA
20-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Hey Banditrod did you go ahead with the Gold Valves in the end and if so what kind of difference did they make. ?

sharky
20-05-2010, 05:51 PM
I think Tk can recommend someone for ya mate ;)

StuNVA
20-05-2010, 06:02 PM
lol............let me guess...Pro...

Tony OW31
20-05-2010, 06:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

Agreed, but for road use once you have em set right there is no need to adjust them.

BANDITROD
20-05-2010, 06:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by StuNVA

Hey Banditrod did you go ahead with the Gold Valves in the end and if so what kind of difference did they make. ?
no mate i took the advice and bought a gsxr front end for it

Elapid
20-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Some place called promec..ahhh..ProPogoStick,that's them. Lovely service I've heard.....or haven't!