PDA

View Full Version : Slow riders slow me down

zx12argh
30-06-2007, 10:15 AM
So I got up early for a nebo-glorious run at 7 this morning to avoid the carpark the mountain turns into on weekends. All is going well until I come across an MT01, 999 and a 1200GS doing a code slow - you know what I mean - whenever you are in a hurry or on pace through your favorite twisties Grandpa usually driving a datsun sunny or toyota corona sitting on 35kph pulls out in front of you.

I wasn't speeding, the sign says 80 I was doing 80ish on the straights but I'm working on my corner speed getting it up but these guys were walking the bikes round the corners penduluming. If we'd gone any slower I thought I would have fallen off the bike.

Annoying thing is they didn't let me pass and there were plenty places they could have - I'm not a fan of overtaking on double lines. I guess I should just be more of an obnoxious asshole next time :D

Good ride tho - I'm loving this "handling" thing... its such a weird concept that a bike should WANT to go around corners...

fimpBIKES
30-06-2007, 04:51 PM
yeah, they sound like a bunch of cunts to me

Gix11
30-06-2007, 07:41 PM
Very eloquent Fimp.

fimpBIKES
30-06-2007, 08:41 PM
there's nothing ruder!

i let blokes past on the old road today (cos i cant afford to get done speeding, and its only a 60 limit)

what really shit me is the amount of "L" platers in cars on the main bike drag in the sydney area
WTF are learners gonna learn except how to piss of motorcylists?!?!

and dont get me started on the lycra wearing uber-fuckwits....

zx12argh
30-06-2007, 10:12 PM
ohhh there were plenty of those out this morning - if they stick on the right I give em a wide berth just cause i dont want them falling off their bikes in front of me - but if I catch em in the middle of the road or riding in packs thats when they get first gear 7000rpm and the horn as I go past.

jock
01-07-2007, 05:32 PM
quote:

and dont get me started on the lycra wearing uber-fuckwits....

they were out in force again today on the old road - remember on old biddy rolling round one of the tighter left handers - she was in the middle of the lane - bout 100 yards behind her were 6 bikes rapidly catching up - she was in for a little surprise :):):)

stupid bitch

fimpBIKES
01-07-2007, 06:29 PM
yeah, they were there yesterday too
there was this one guy who was on a downhill, and decided he was gonna use the whole lane like a moto....

turns out, he aint as fast as a mo'cycle :D

Ryan
02-07-2007, 08:58 PM
At least they were riding. We stopped for a coffee on park rd, brissie saturday week ago after a ride. There were about 40 of the fuckers, sitting in the freezing cold (im wearing full thermals and draggins) in their lycra, probably commenting on each others packages!!! of course the fact that their bikes are worth $4000+ and never leave the rack on their car for longer than it takes to ride the hundred metres between where they parked and the coffee shop, and then back, obviously justifies the cost.

End rant