PDA

View Full Version : Ecosse Motorcycles

HOS
10-03-2007, 11:52 PM
I like these !! Only just found them off the MCN website.
Imagine the sound of this !!! [8D]

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/28289942852150.jpg

http://www.ecossemoto.com/gallery.htm

chopiesel
11-03-2007, 12:08 AM
looks pretty awesome, but unfortunantly with that degree of v in the engine i think it would sound like a buell...which is crap.

11-03-2007, 12:24 AM
If you go into the heretic section there's a sound clip, and you're right chop, it sounds like a Humpty at idle. Does sound like it revs up pretty fast though. 2 litres and 130 hp at wheel.

But they're $65,000 and $138,000 US. They make Ducs look pretty good at those prices. Look interesting but I can think of a lot of other bikes I'd rather have for less than half the money.

HOS
11-03-2007, 12:42 AM
Spensive for sure, but its good to see someone having a go at summat different.

I happen to like the latest Buell XB12S. Had a full days demo on one last year and loved it. Shoot me down in flames if you will, but I liked it !
With the race pipe and race kit on it, there was some major fun to be had. 120bhp and lighter than an R1 ? 5 speed gearbox and proper tyres, ultra sharp stearing, grippy brakes, and its not off one wheel for long !!!
"Breaking windows" loudness on the zorts was entertaining :D

11-03-2007, 01:24 AM
Yeah, but the Buell doesn't cost $140,000+, It's a bike for the likes of Jay Leno and co, ie the "oooooh look at me ain't I just so pretty and oh so wonderful" 360 days a year in a garage crowd. Spending 10 times as much to produce what others are doing just smacks of bloated excess, and dare I say it, incompetence. It'd liker that French company that produces B-kig replicas for similar money, the fucking pillicks, how did they fuck it up so badly. Give Ben at Extreme Creations a go at it and he could produce much the same thing, as a one off, for a lot less. Christ the fools didn't even have to come up with the design.

HOS
11-03-2007, 03:46 AM
quote:Originally posted by chalk10

Yeah, but the Buell doesn't cost $140,000+, It's a bike for the likes of Jay Leno and co, ie the "oooooh look at me ain't I just so pretty and oh so wonderful" 360 days a year in a garage crowd. Spending 10 times as much to produce what others are doing just smacks of bloated excess, and dare I say it, incompetence. It'd liker that French company that produces B-kig replicas for similar money, the fucking pillicks, how did they fuck it up so badly. Give Ben at Extreme Creations a go at it and he could produce much the same thing, as a one off, for a lot less. Christ the fools didn't even have to come up with the design.

Agreed, its silly money for a bike that the kind of people who would buy it could never use it proper like what I would.
I`d still give it a large one down the road ????? :D

Jockney Rebel
11-03-2007, 09:14 AM
yeah iff i won the lottery id buy a y2k just to watch the old bill try to catch me ..and melt some plastic bumpers

shift1313
17-03-2007, 11:05 PM
there was an article on that bike a few years back before they were released. The expected it to got for 50K usd, HA. Its cool but the handling on it isnt great, they even said so in the article. It has like a 58" wheel base and very conservative rake angle. If i ever was crazy enough to pay that kind of money for a bike it better handle like noones business!!!

Ill take a motocycz C1 anyday,