PDA

View Full Version : so we had a little hail here last night

chopiesel
28-02-2007, 11:40 AM
wtf!! its summer and it looks like a new york xmas!!

lots and lots of damage!!

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/8035/image119rg0.jpg
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/1908/image061mf9.jpg

28-02-2007, 12:03 PM
Yeah, I drove home through the aftermath last night. Heading towards civic along Canberra ave, just past bridge, and the car slews sideways, slowed right down, turned off onto Parkes Way, could see traffic was stopped lots of hazard lights, so I hooked up to the left aned went through the Uni onto Marcus Clark street. It was 20 kph all the way from Parkes way to the top of Barry drive next to Black mountain, where it cleared. The city was just covered in white and I was looking out at tyhe islands along Marcus Clark at 6 inch + hail drifts, even the skyline was sliding around in it. I've been here since 86' and never saw anything like it before, wild. There were ambulances, cops etc flashing their lights everywhere.
I was in Manuka when the hail storm hit, and all we saw was a light hail, didn't expect to see what I did when I got to civic.
Some of teh little lightweight front wheel drive cars were riding up on the hail drifts and losing traction. Some reports put the drifts at a metre deep, but I didn't see anything that bad, and by all accounts I drove through pretty much the centre of it.
Thank God I wasn't on the bike.

chopiesel
28-02-2007, 12:19 PM
mum works in civic, she its like a war zone there today, the top two floors on here building on mort st are empty, the canberra centre is closed along with all the multi story car parks.

i been here since i was born in 78 and i never seen anything like it either.

Gix11
28-02-2007, 02:01 PM
Full on! Cool.

TurboKat
28-02-2007, 02:47 PM
WOW [:0]
The panel shops will be rubbing their hands together with all the hail damage they get to repair. ;)

EXBEN
28-02-2007, 03:16 PM
Is that cop car doin Doughies in the middle of the intersection?:D[8D]

28-02-2007, 04:33 PM
Naaah, it's the AFP mate, he's probably chasing his own tail. :D

zx12argh
28-02-2007, 08:22 PM
Well all sorts of crazy shit should be happening now...

Looks like hell has frozen over ;)

WATEVR
28-02-2007, 09:05 PM
fukn hell thats out of control. damn amamzing really.

sharky
01-03-2007, 05:18 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/82889804258768.jpg

Just be grateful ya'll don't live in Switzerland !!

alfiestorm
01-03-2007, 05:54 PM
Atleast you will all be back in ya shorts and t shirts 10 mins after it happened :D, freak weather keeps you on your toes.

When we get anything like that in the southern half of england and it is usually much lighter and sometimes a light dusting of snow oh yeah and the temperatures are a fuck sight lower every fucker has a crash and motorways stop, trains fuck up buses stop and everyones talking about how bad the weather is and the government declare a state of emergency the media hype it up way outa proportion and all the fuckwits believe them.
what a bunch of fucking drama queens and I am fucking glad I am leaving the UK oh and who the fuck in thier right mind would visit Switzerland the land of even higher taxes and fuck sight colder weather.
:)

01-03-2007, 06:10 PM
Yeah, and the Swiss are such cold bastards that was probably caused by some poor bastards wife casting an evil look at him :D

And yeah I was driving through the middle of it, just after the dump, with the window open, and only a t-shirt on. But every fuckwit was on the road, I was wathing cars slidng all over the place, Canberrans are shockigly lazy, unthinking dricers at the best of times, under these conditions they just go into brain-freeze :D

alfiestorm
03-03-2007, 01:51 AM
Just imagine if you were out onya bike and all of a sudden that load of shit was dumped onya, fuckin nightmare that would be. I think i would have parked up and found the nearest all nightdrinking den :D

pesh
04-03-2007, 04:59 PM
yeah for sure that would be some awesome shit to ride into ... LOL .. fishy the whole street fkn awesome