PDA

View Full Version : Latest RTA Propoganda Bullshit!!!

fimpBIKES
24-06-2007, 10:55 PM
has anyone seen this crap???

the wankers have put out a new ad that has been on telly tonight
shows people in cars being naughty, and by-standers making little "small penis" gestures

now HOW FUCKED UP ARE THE RTA????!?!?

the cars in these clips, in this ANTI-SPEEDING ADD
are all doing things at UNDER THE SPEED LIMIT!!!!!!

am i the only sane person left?

fimpBIKES
24-06-2007, 10:56 PM
linky
http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/roadsafety/advertisingcampaigns/speeding_pinkie.html?hfid=pinkie

fimpBIKES
24-06-2007, 11:01 PM
case 1:
guy in falcoon trying to impress impressionable ladies
does a big stonking burnout off the lights...

ok, so i know a couple of you guys drag-race
im just trying to remember what the best take-off technique is.... um....
oh yeah, thats it TRACTION IS GOOD!!!!

probable speed range of clip, 0kph - 60kph
actual charages pressed- im pretty sure in NSW this is an instant impound, but NOT for speeding
i doubt the radar gun could even hit the car with the amount of smoke being let off

fimpBIKES
24-06-2007, 11:09 PM
case 2:
guy in shitty old celica, doesnt stop for lady at crossing cos he doesnt seem to see her

this one REALLY cracks me up
i have a theory that the dude didnt see her cos HE IS TOO BUSY WATCHING HIS SPEEDO!!!
or at least thats where he seems to be looking at after he doesnt stop for the woman

PLUS the dude obviously isnt going very fast at all!

probably speed range of clip, 40kph- 60kph
actual charges pressed- inattentive driving? is that a charge, it should be!

ps- oh no! some old bag-lady who escaped from the dementia ward things i have a small schlong [:O]

fimpBIKES
24-06-2007, 11:18 PM
case 3:
young bogan male and his mates come around a corner and get a bit out of shape

ok, firstly i have to say BRAVO!!!
im amazed that this young bloke actually managed to get a VL commonwhore to OVERSTEER!
most of the time they would just understeer their way into the nearest convenient power-pole :D

and ok, this guy is a tool
and i dont like the way he obviously doesnt have control of whats happening with his car

but i think that this says more about how shitty our driver training in australia is!
with a bit of skid-pan action and a lecture or 2 on vehicle suspension dynamics this young man could've gotten the acclaimed "full fist" big-dong gesture from his mates ;)

and this sort of side-stepping action is EASILY acheivable at less than the speed limit
i should know, i own a V6 '83 Express van with no weight on the back wheels :D

probable speed range of clip, anywhere from 20kph- 6kph
actual charges pressed- driving like a twat and being a bogan dipshit (death penalty?)

fimpBIKES
24-06-2007, 11:22 PM
while im at it

in the first case, there are some SERiOUS flaws going on

1) the dudes mate must have jumped out of the car at the lights to go chat to the girls COS HE ISNT THERE WHEN HE TAKES OFF!!!!!

2) notice the trick colour-flip paint fo the falcoon and it changes from green to white!!! fully sick [:X]

fimpBIKES
24-06-2007, 11:26 PM
Many young guys see speeding as cool
All the ads in the world showing the serious injury and death that speeding can cause are becoming less effective.

Increasingly, young guys simply reject this message. They have an “it won’t happen to me” attitude.

The 'Speeding. No one thinks big of you' campaign takes a totally different approach
It offers young drivers an immediate consequence… speed and people will think poorly of you. It purposely talks to young guys in their language.

Testing of the finished ad has shown this is a very salient thought that will change young drivers’ behaviour. It could very well be the thread that unravels the mindset that speeding is cool.

Our aim is to make speeding socially unacceptable
In NSW speeding is a factor in about 40 per cent of road deaths each year. This means more than 220 people die each year in NSW because of speeding.

In addition to those killed, more than 4000 people are injured in speed-related crashes each year. The estimated cost to the community of speed-related crashes is about $500 million a year.

The 'Speeding. No one thinks big of you' youth speeding campaign is one part of our effort.

here is an idea- BUY A FUCKING DICTIONARY!!!!!

mindnmetal
24-06-2007, 11:37 PM
Probabaly would be far more effective if any of the cars even looked like they were speeding...

Besides... from someone in the know... an overwhelming percentage of accidents, in my experience, have nothing to do with the actual speed of the vehicles involved. Typically its either a lack of skill on behalf of the driver from a lack of adequate driver training of just drivers not paying attention. This becomes really obvious in the case of motorcycle crashes involving cars... I lost count of the amount of times i heard i just didnt see him (the bike).

I agree Fimp. should be charging drivers with not paying attention to wht their doing rather than worrying if everyones .5km over the speed limit. Atleast then we'd be able to spend a little more time watching the road and a little less watching the dash.

Speed limits give me the sh!ts.

fimpBIKES
24-06-2007, 11:46 PM
i have previously mentioned my idea for "attention testing"

sit a patrol car on a bit of road, have a big "test" sign with FLASH or something written on it
once i car comes into view (say over the crest of the hill or whatever)

and the driver has say, 3 seconds to flash their hi-beams

tests driver reation pefectly, they dont even need to buy fuckin radars!
plus, u bust cars that have faulty headlight

this takes speed completely out of the equation
if im doing 100 in a 60 zone, but still flash in time then my reaction time is obviously showing that i am driving/riding within my limits enough to see a problem and react to it

it shits me that the people in charge are so fucking retarded!!!!!

zx12argh
25-06-2007, 12:42 PM
The only flaw I see in your argument Fimp is if you are on one wheel they wont be able to see your headlights flash...

Seriously tho - A friend of my family was killed on the roads last week - she was a pedestrian crossing the street with a group of friends (this was in the courier mail last week). The guy who hit her wasn't speeding - she was crossing the road (admittedly in a dangerous place) and he didn't see her and her two friends in time and knocked her over.

Speed doesn't kill - drivers kill. Why do they kill? Because they dont drive to the conditions or aren't focused on the fact they are driving 1000kgs of steel at 17 metres a second in a 60 zone.

The thing that really shits me is when you see douche bags overtaking or up your arse in the pouring rain - the sign might say 100kph doesn't mean you have to be going that fast.

I'd say get rid of speed limits and let natural selection take its course but its the poor bystanders getting taken out that shits me.

I've always said rider/driver training is the ONLY way to reduce deaths on road significantly. But the state and federal governments are too gutless to take the unpopular course and treat the cause instead of the symptom.

Seriously - who the fuck worries about loosing a few points and a few hundred bucks when they are going 40 k over?

Thats the end of my uncohesive rant ;)

Booster
25-06-2007, 03:58 PM
Totally agree with the driver/rider training,

Jockney Rebel
25-06-2007, 06:25 PM
limit under 21 s to 1600 cc and 50bhp cars and then have a sliding scale according to experience and skill levels
when we learn to ride we re restricted by a power to weight ratio system [in the uk its 12.5 hp for a 125 at 18 and 33hp from then on ] if you give a kid a 5 litre 2ton car to feck about in hes gonna floor it regardless of what u say or do
in ireland they have this type of system and it works

fimpBIKES
25-06-2007, 06:56 PM
cant see it ever happening

all the major voters (working parents) would cry cos they would have to buy their no-hoper kids cars
poor aussie battler, boo hoo etc

stupid normal people.....

Ryan
26-06-2007, 05:57 PM
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,21967499-3102,00.html

This is a step in the right direction. Find whats causing the fatalities (poor training, no license for scooters, old riders buying new bikes afer a long absence), understand how to fix it (audit the training institutions, review laws, observe other states procedures) and implement them with the correct advertising campaign. Hopefully it works well and start to curb the mc road toll in QLD.

zx12argh
26-06-2007, 09:08 PM
Q-Ride is a joke. You want a big bike license - you pay 300 bucks its yours. I know for a fact Team Moto rubber stamp your license if you fork over the dollars. Helps them to sell bikes.

Hillsy
26-06-2007, 09:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by Ryan

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,21967499-3102,00.html

This is a step in the right direction. Find whats causing the fatalities (poor training, no license for scooters, old riders buying new bikes afer a long absence), understand how to fix it (audit the training institutions, review laws, observe other states procedures) and implement them with the correct advertising campaign. Hopefully it works well and start to curb the mc road toll in QLD.

From the news story - "and may soon have to pay a separate fee to renew their motorcycle licence"

Yeah, I can see where this is going.....[B)]

Ryan
26-06-2007, 10:19 PM
I agree with you 12. Q Ride is dangerous in theory, and deadly in practice. I've seen too many cases of young guys I work with getting a large sum of money from work, doing Q ride in a weekend and buying top end sportsbikes. Unfortunately i started the year with a funeral for one of them. I did my time on L's and P's, I rode a CBR250RR for a couple of years and learned heaps through the fact that it was the mos forgiving bike i've ever been on but still handled well in the twisties.

Scrap Q ride, bring in LAMS so the bigger guys can still have a bigger bike, and start to get practical about motorcycle licensing. It's the only way they'll curb fatalities.

speeddemon
26-06-2007, 11:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by frankenbiker
when we learn to ride we re restricted by a power to weight ratio system [in the uk its 12.5 hp for a 125

My mower has more hp than that!

by the way isn't these ads for anti hoon behavior?? not speeding??

fimpBIKES
27-06-2007, 12:07 AM
campaign is called
"Speeding. No one thinks big of you"

speeddemon
27-06-2007, 01:05 PM
Well I guess thats how much I noticed their bullshit advertising then.

sharky
27-06-2007, 01:14 PM
Personnally I think the ad is right....there are so many p plated dickheads in this town.
The only thing I can see wrong is that they are using the old favourite 'speed' in the title...Should just be
'Wanker, no one thinks big of you.'

speeddemon
27-06-2007, 01:26 PM
Worst thing is: - there are that many P plate chicks in Sydney who drive worse than guys in turbo rexes and sklines etc. I reckon if it was aimed at chicks 'You dirty Slapper: know one thinks big of you" the sexual discim mob would pull it off air before you knew it.

Jockney Rebel
27-06-2007, 05:14 PM
give em all Reliant robins ....lets see em try to do a burnt out or drift in one of them ...

pt
28-06-2007, 12:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by Booster

Totally agree with the driver/rider training,

agree. no one has the balls to do it though. i bet if you asked 99% of the population they would tell you it is their right to drive a car not a privilege. no one wants to start telling people they are too braindead/uncoordinated/inattentive to drive. because half the population (or more) would be without a licence!

sorry to hera about your friend zx12.:( i'm sure the guy is really sorry and everything. pity he'll still drive with his eyes on his own arsehole[V]

fimpBIKES
01-07-2007, 06:43 PM
Ok, i know this is gonna be hard to believe....

i did a gig last night, late night stuff in this town called Weston
its a small suburb which just so happens to be directly beside Kurri Kurri (where Casey Stoner hails from)
its about 40mins from newcastle inland
so its getting into the two-headed zone, if u know what i mean ;)

ok, so i am spinning away as i do
and this guys bin there since i started at 11
he comes up for a request at about 1am

and all i had to do was make the little "pinkie wiggle" at him, and i knew from the look on his face that my hunch was on the money :D

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/92489382939655.JPG

fimpBIKES
01-07-2007, 06:47 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/92489382913541.JPG

the bloke is into drifting, with a purple 180sx
turns out he was competing in a drift comp i went down to watch last south of sydney

freaky eh?

Gix11
02-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Did you get a room?

fimpBIKES
02-07-2007, 05:50 PM
nah, i needed a run up

got a hallway instead [:X]