PDA

View Full Version : interchange

mrcheese
24-06-2007, 10:43 PM
gday Ive got a 97 1200 bandit. I want to start playing around with it. What bikes have parts that can interchange with this bike. I was thinking cosmetically and performance. Thanks

fimpBIKES
24-06-2007, 11:39 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/74480916545918.JPG

crazymofo
24-06-2007, 11:41 PM
subtle fimp..subtle

mr cheese.. i think honda parts work

cheers.joe.

Gix11
25-06-2007, 08:01 AM
Thanks for letting me spot the typo there as well Fimp. Just changed that one.

Hey Mr.Cheese, apart from the intro thing, anything can interchange with a bit of work so what exactly did you have in mind?

WATEVR
25-06-2007, 12:05 PM
baptism of fire there mr cheese, hmmmm i hope thats not what your dick is called cos you need a doctor!!!

by the way anything fits how much cash you got?

mrcheese
26-06-2007, 08:42 AM
Yep fucked up there hopefully all explained in the intro section. As stated I want to trick her up, with gpo fast bits as I aquire time and cash. Any body mods i do I want to be able to do with out attacking the frame with a grinder, Slipping shit on will be better for me at the moment. I really want to get an extended swing arm as i like to ring its neck especially on take off. On pay day i hope to join the asf members area as I belive that is where all tyhe good stuff is likley to be hidden.
Does this help any more with what i am looking ofr. What bikes should I look at. I know about swapping over gix internal are an easy way to hop her up ands others ideas on offer.
TA

fimpBIKES
26-06-2007, 08:56 AM
the subframe is a weld-on affair isnt it?

chopeisel was getting JMC swinger i think (for a TLR, but he would have the contacts)

thanks for doing the right thing and having intro, i'll try to be less of a bitch from here on in (yeah right!)

mrcheese
28-06-2007, 08:14 AM
fimp the rear is weld on, what does that leave me with.

mrcheese
28-06-2007, 09:26 AM
i just had a look at just bandits any other sites that could be recomended

BANDITROD
28-06-2007, 10:32 AM
try banditmania.com they are a uk mob but i have some good dealings with them they also have a ebay store you could have a look at my ride (banditrods bandit progress) and check out some of the shit i have done. alot i got from stu at ausfr and ben at extreme creations is good to deal with aswell cheers and welcome mate:D

BANDITROD
28-06-2007, 10:35 AM
also you can just chop the subframe off mate take the bike to your local wreckers and go through subframes until you like what you see:D[}:)]

Seifer
28-06-2007, 11:52 AM
Yeah dont be a big pansy mate, your options are limited if you dont want to cut your subframe and you'll probably never get it to look jsut right. Find the tail you wont, weld on some lugs and bolt it up. Too easy!

mrcheese
28-06-2007, 10:08 PM
g-ing me up is like waving a read flag to a bull. ill look at some tails and go from there, maybe[:I]

jakam04
28-06-2007, 10:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by mrcheese

g-ing me up is like waving a read flag to a bull. ill look at some tails and go from there, maybe[:I]

Thats what they are counting on...

Jarrod

exile
29-06-2007, 12:44 AM
If your after a bolt on seat unit without choppin the subby, try UNITECK(they got an advert in SF mag most months). They do a 916 style complete seat unit/undertay/seat and tail lights for about £250 ish......abit steep IMHO [B)], JustBandits and Banditmania will sort you out bolt on bits too, but again are just middlemen and are over priced. Check out Busters, M&P or Demontweeks to save a few shillin's [8D]

cavey
30-06-2007, 07:20 AM
To make it look a bit different from allllll the other bolt on bandits you have to chop the sub off. This is where I would start m8. Have a look round see what tail section you like then get a sub made up to suit. But its your bike m8 depends what you want. P.s uniteck look shite!! Look at mine and exiles, I spent little exile spent lots, shows whats possible with your canvas.

mrcheese
01-07-2007, 07:43 AM
thanks for those other sites, good place to start