PDA

View Full Version : what would you do. Music on vinyl

alfiestorm
20-02-2007, 04:35 AM
I have this load of music on Vinyl most of it is original and proper. I am undecided as to sell it before i come to Auss or bring it with me and offer it up when i get here or keep it. I cant remember the last time i played e'm so i think it would be pointless keeping them. anyway the extra cash would come i useful for my Aussie fighter project.

What would you do chaps and chapets

Pat Travers band= crash and burn. Putting it straight, making magic, pat travers

Jeff beck= wired.

Eloy= planets picture disc, metromania, colours, floating, time to turn, silent cries and mighty echoes, performance, live double album, power and the passion, inside

Motorhead= on parole, over kill, city kids, another perfect day.

Nazareth= greatest hits

Pink floyd= medal, ummagumma double album, the dark side or the moon, wish you were hear x 2, the wall, the final cut
Ry cooder= crossroads
Jeff waynes= war of the worlds double album with story booklet

Deep purple= in rock, perfect strangers, machine head picture disc, deep purple live picture disc, deepest purple, made in Europe,

Ac/dc= highway to hell x 2, if you want blood, blow up your video, high voltage, dirty deeds done dirt cheap 12” 45rpm collectors donnington 91 live,

Jimi Hendrix= the ultimate experience double album,

Moody blues= this is the moody blues, octave with lyric sheet, seventh sojourn with lyric and picture sheet, in search of the lost chord, a question of balance, days of future passed, the other side of life, on the threshold of a dream, to our childrens childrens children

Justin haywood. John lodge= blue jays

Iron maiden= the number of the beast,

Journey= look into the future

Hawkwind= masters of the universe, live seventy nine, out and intake, church of, space bandits, warrior on the edge of time, the hawkwind collection double album

Yes= fragile with colour booklet

Amon duul 2= hawk meeta penguin vol 1,

Ozzy osbourne= bark at the moon

Whiote noise= an electric storm,

Black Sabbath= sabotage x 2 one has sabotage booklet, we sold our soul for rock n roll double album, vol 4

Def leppard= hysteria,

Kansas= audi-visions with lyric sheet,

Van halen= vanhalen x 2, jump 12” 45

Roger glover= elements,

Vow wow= v,

Andy fraser= in your eyes,

Gillan & Glover= accidentally on purpose,

Oz 11= the assassin

Tommy bolin= private eyes

Heavy weather= weather report,

Emerson lake and palmer= tarkus

Ufo= phenomenon,

Vangelis= albedo 0.39 x 2, the best of, heaven and hell

Jon and vangelis= short stories, the best of

Alice cooper= the alice cooper show,

Led zepplin= led zepplin, led zeplin 2, presence, hermit, physical graffiti double album

Be bop deluxe= modern music,

Jethro tull= aqualung, living in the past double album,

Scorpions= love drive, taken by force

Kingdome come= kingdom come,

Rainbow= straight between the eyes

Lynyrd skynyrd= first and last

Ray Gomez= volume

Doors= la woman,

Gillan= future shock with booklet, mr universe,

Tangerine dream= Poland double album, alpha century double album,

The joe perry project= let the music do the talking, I’ve got the rock n rolls again

Dio= sacred heart

Nasty savage= indulgence picture disc

Metallica= until it sleeps limited edition red 10” single

Sky= sky2

Max Webster= a million vacations,

King crimsom= islands

Focus= at the rainbow.

fimpBIKES
20-02-2007, 06:48 AM
see if u can hire one of these from somewhere

NUMARK,
TTUSB
TURNTABLE WITH USB AUDIO INTERFACE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE EASIEST WAY TO DIGITIZE YOUR VINYL.

The TTUSB is a unique plug–and–play USB compatible turntable that makes digitizing your vinyl record collection to your PC or Mac a snap. Packaged with all the necessary cables to connect with a computer or stereo playback system, along with software to remove clicks, pops, and other undesirable characteristics of vinyl, the TTUSB is a comprehensive package that breathes new life into older recordings.

As an added benefit, the TTUSB also includes a 1/8–inch stereo mini jack input connector to facilitate the transfer of cassette tapes (or similar line level sources) to computer files—making this unit the perfect tool for archiving older recordings, regardless of their original format. For the editing of your transferred files, the included Audacity software (PC and Mac compatible) provides a wealth of easy–to–use features. Export your analog music to popular digital formats such as WAV or MP3, and turn your old, forgotten records to the top of your digital music playlist.

_ Adjustable Anti–Skate control for increased stereo balancing

_ 33 1/3 and 45 RPM speed playback, with 78 rpm support via software

_ Line level RCA outputs (with built-in pre-amp)

_ Adjustable pitch control +/- 10%

_ 1/8" stereo line input, RCA line outputs

_ USB computer connectivity for PC and Mac

_ Packaged with all necessary cables to connect with computer or stereo playback system

_ Ships with Audacity software, for removing clicks, pops and other vinyl sounds. Audacity supports high–speed recording and has ability to export to WAV and MP3 files

wouldnt mind trying one out myself :D

alfiestorm
20-02-2007, 07:15 AM
Thats a bloody good idea fimp.
I may have to have a look at that I had heard something like that existed.
Dont know if I could be arsed to spend the time recording all that vinyl when there would be much better time spent building bikes and riding them.

I go to a site called lime wire for free music
:D:D

Gix11
20-02-2007, 04:09 PM
Tough call mate. I left all mine at my brother's place when I left so he's probably sold it. It would be a bugger to ship so maybe the old record fair would be the way to go. Collectors would be well keen for that stuff and you'd probably get more interest in the UK. Saying that, if you have any UK only release albums or cover artwork bring them over here. Wow, you have Kingdom Come in the collection. I remember I had their stuiff as well, saying that I've owned or borrowed nearly every album you have there!

Jockney Rebel
20-02-2007, 04:29 PM
try an ad in "the record collector"u can get it at ur newsagent its a little book about the size of yer back pocket comes out weekly or monthly or summat but some of that vinyl is worth money especially if u got the gubbins that comes with it .
a mate back home collects records and he recently paid 250 quid for a copy of alice coopers billion dollar babies cos it had all the stickers and stuff in it

Tone
20-02-2007, 05:45 PM
You can't get rid of em Alfie,I find it really hard to part with any of the music I've collected no matter how shit it was then or sounds now.The first 7 inch I ever bought myself is still kickin around my olds house somewhere...Status Quo-Paper Plane.My old man still has Elvis Presleys Sun recordings somewhere but after 3 countries of residence I'm sure they'll be a bit worse for wear.

Thanks also Fimp,cool info you posted there,I may yet get my Fall,Buzzcocks,Wire etc vinyl onto the boys iPod...!

fimpBIKES
20-02-2007, 09:23 PM
for the love of GOD record them as CD quality
not fuckin iTunes!!! [XX(]

20-02-2007, 09:46 PM
I'll take the Motorhead Overkill LP mate,Lemmy's voice must be sounding even more husky on old Vynil by now.
Rainbow,Dio,Sabbath,Osbourne,Hendrix,Purple...you had a fine taste in music Alf.

BUTTTT...fucking SKY-SKY2.Man i thought my parents were the only people to have this in their collection,on cassette.You dont have Iskibibble by any chance?

Jockney Rebel
20-02-2007, 09:55 PM
alfie go on the net and get hold of a 12 single by a band called chemical alice u wont be disappointed

ozpete01
23-02-2007, 02:25 PM
I`ll take the motorhead, vangelis and rainbow albums if you bring em with you, cheers

BillyWhizz888
23-02-2007, 04:37 PM
Find out real worth!!!!!!

download all the tunes one way or the other
bring what you really want to

Me... I wish I had kept everything I had [V]

Mind you, I now have over a 1000 CD's and fark knows how many albums in MP3 format, and the end of the day its what makes ya pecker happy and what space you have in the seatainer........

alfiestorm
27-02-2007, 04:48 AM
Fuck it I will bring e'm all with me and sort it out when I am there