PDA

View Full Version : digital pushy speedos

Pil
24-06-2007, 08:47 AM
My question to those of you that have them or had them is what are they like ,how good,and how easy to set up. Do the settings allow for all rim/tyre sizes or custom set and do they have an odo meter that doesnt re set every time ya stop the bike. Any info would be sweet. Pil

Johnnie5
24-06-2007, 10:56 AM
have a google for sigma speedo and motorcycle

they are pretty easy to fit and setup and once set you dont have to do anything

beware the really cheapo ones only go to 99k

there is an odo that doesnt reset and of course a trip meter just like a normal speedo

jakam04
24-06-2007, 04:19 PM
Mate,

why go for something that is cheap and nasty which will need to be replaced often due to weathering etc... Contact Ben (EXBEN) from Extreme creations and buy an Acewell 3853 Speedo which for members on ASF costs around $280 delivered. They are a top speedo unit.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/jakam04/My%20Fighter/Image054_crop.jpg

Jarrod

Hillsy
24-06-2007, 08:01 PM
I had a look at pushy speedos - then endo up getting an Acewell pod unit. Biggest problem with pushy speedos is they aren't back lit (that I know of) which means no night riding, and you can't hard wire them (= batteries...). They do have wireless pick-up ones - not sure if they are any good over 99K though.

yama78
28-06-2007, 02:13 PM
i have an ace well but i am having problems with getting the speedo to work right. likes to jump around on hard accel or just be completly wrong all the time. i have to find a correct calibration for it some how.

Hillsy
28-06-2007, 02:43 PM
Sounds like you have the pick-up magnet mounted in the wrong (IE not the best) position. From memory, the instructions for mine said to have the magnet passing over the lines on the pick-up (not the centre), and within 8MM from the pick-up.

EXBEN
28-06-2007, 03:31 PM
Two common mistakes when mounting the Acewell dash.
1: The sensor & magnet must be mounted at it is drawn in the instructions, with the magnet passing the side face of the sensor
in line with either mark not between them & not across the face with sensor written on it.
8mm would be absolute max distance aim for 4-5mm
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/29797000261631.jpg

2: When calibrating the unit the instructions mention tyre diameter, [u]don't mistake this for wheel diameter</u>. For bike with 17" wheels, your tyre diameter is actually going to be around 23"- 24".
Personally I like to mark one wheel revolution on the ground & measure the distance between the two marks. This is more accurate.

yama78
28-06-2007, 03:35 PM
i know that my 8 mm spacing is correct but not sure it its hitting the right spot on the sensor. i will look into that. thanks. another thing that gets me is that when i called tech assist on the problem the said the sensor could be mounted anywhere on the rim and i have to tell the computor is what size wheel i have and it takes care of the rest. does that make sense to you?

EXBEN
28-06-2007, 03:54 PM
I think what their saying is it's not critical how far from the axle centerline you mount the sensor, because it measures revolutions. So one revolution is one revolution no matter where on the wheel it is.

jakam04
28-06-2007, 04:02 PM
Heres a pic of how I mounted mine, seemed to work well.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/jakam04/My%20Fighter/Image029.jpg

Jarrod