PDA

View Full Version : suzi efe swing arm

tryhard
20-06-2007, 12:51 PM
hey I'm new to tis site very welldone. I'm trying to remove my swing arm but I can't take the pivot shaft out by the struggle I had removing the nut I'd say she’s been there since forever I have soaked it tried hitting it out with a hammer and a wooden punch but it wont budge and I split my wood >:( any ideas please :-? befor I hurt myself or the bike

Gix11
20-06-2007, 01:05 PM
First up, what bike is it (scrap this question as I just saw the post title)? Secondly, have you undone absolutely everything? Thirdly, there's no load on the swingarm is there? ....best bet is show us a photo as well mate. Oh, and welcome aboard.

latheboy
20-06-2007, 03:16 PM
Use an OXY ... that'll fix it [}:)]... oh and welcome

tryhard
20-06-2007, 03:26 PM
Thanks guys for the welcome. Yep the bike is fully striped getting ready to powder coat at the end of the month the spring has been removed so the arm can move freely however it moves the shaft as well. I even had it on its side to punch it out it wont budge I’ll take some photos tonight and post them the bike spent her life in Newman W.A so it’s full of red dust not so fun to work with.

chadams
20-06-2007, 05:03 PM
Use a big hammer.!

Jockney Rebel
20-06-2007, 05:08 PM
sounds like its frozen in there mate use some heat ...be careful and then hit it i use to use an old wheel spindle but a copper drift is better to save the thread

MDM
22-06-2007, 12:22 AM
Heat and lots of penetrating oil should get it free... however, a friend of mine had to resort to the grinder to get the swingarm spindle out of an old bike he had (GPZ 600R if I remember correctly). Had to completely grind away the swingarm to get it out and then cut the spindle in half and hammer it out frmo the inside of the frame! [:0]

22-06-2007, 09:02 AM
LOCTITE "freeze & release" you will be very impressed.I used it on the removal of the studs from the block of "Asylum";)25 years old,6 studs,half an hour[^]

Booster
22-06-2007, 09:18 AM
Mundy Liquid nitrogen or just propane ?