PDA

View Full Version : L model Gsxr doohickey needed.....

Docktor
01-02-2007, 05:26 PM
Hey yas, I am lookin for the rubber doohickies that connect the air ducts to the front fairing on a gix 1100L.750 ones dont fit as they are smaller n stuff like that... Be most good if anyone has a set layin round ?.

Cheers
Doc

Gix11
01-02-2007, 05:42 PM
Hmm. Might have some of them lying around somewhere. I'll check tonight for you. (read as soon)

Docktor
01-02-2007, 08:03 PM
Ya a champion. I will see to it that someone passes sexual favours onto you immediately.

Doc

Gix11
01-02-2007, 08:31 PM
As with most things in this garage it's fucked trying to find anything. And, sods law says, there's only one. The other has gone walkies at some point. First up is the size right:

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/14179259386267.jpg

Secondly is one any good? Can you find another or can you wait until I next get chance to search the garage. ......Say around 2009?

Docktor
02-02-2007, 06:39 AM
That is a champion bit but that one (if memory serves me) goes from the airbox to the rhs air duct. I am lookin for the other end that connects the pipes to the front fairing.... I can only assume they are about 4 inches long and about 2 inches in diameter. I just had a brainstorm...... Maybe i can check clark rubber for a hunk of hose. Will let ya know how i go mate.

doc

alfiestorm
02-02-2007, 07:29 AM
Just thought I would share this with you.

That bit plugs into the frame cross member and opposite where it plugs in are four holes about 20mm in diameter maybe 22mm which are very useful if you have a stage thre dyna jet kit fitted with dual oval k&n filters.

What ya do is fit four 20mm plastic cable glands with there plastic ring nuts in each of the holes and push in a piece of hose in the end of the gland that is sticking out from the frame.

Put two small holes in the back of each dual oval filter, now as the back of the filters are a very flexible rubber the hose ends can be pushed in to the filters so they just protrude to the inside of the filters and the filter will hold it in place (provided you have not made a ferkin huge great hole it must be smaller than the outside diameter than the hose)
I also fitted a piece of air filter material in the rubber rectangle piece.
The dyna jet kit was fitted as per instructions for a bike with a race exhaust and pod filters.

The effect of this was that at high speed around 110 mph the bike had another surge of power ontop of the already loony amount it had from the stage three dyna making it a realy big kick up the arse as the extra power came in and when i blocked off the hoses the bike reverted back to normal stage three power.
A crude form of ram air i suppose but it worked and never did any damage to my engine and it was on there for a good few years. :D

Docktor
03-02-2007, 02:47 PM
Thats a trick bit of work there Alfiestorm, I am so trying to keep this bike stock as a rock. Dont wanna us pod filters or anything,but Jo has a set on hers I will pass the info on to her and she can try it. I went to clark rubber and got some crappy lookin foam hose shit that will do the job until i find a set of originals. Thanks Gix for lookin tho mate.

Doc

kevkatana
03-02-2007, 04:41 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/55967664747572.jpg

Are these the doohickeys your lookin for doc?
Email me if they are and we'll work something out.

Docktor
03-02-2007, 08:04 PM
Hey Kev, They are the doohickeys I have got, BUT there is a little rubber piece that connects them doohickeys to the front fairing, Thats the doohickey I am missing. Not sure if ya know what I mean.I will chck with the gixxa god and see what is around. Any idea who won best burnout at confusion KEV ? Well done mate

Doc.

03-02-2007, 09:50 PM
Doc,i just fondled my old fairing and found what your after.Its 89 K model 11,but same shit...foto to follow.

03-02-2007, 09:58 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/55967719587955.JPG

postage an a beer should cover it.;)

Docktor
03-02-2007, 10:41 PM
Thats 'ken tops mate, hope they got arrows on em so i know which way they go.hehehe.. Most good, they hunk of hose i got from clark rubber was never gunna look right, I know its got fairings but i will post a pic anyway coz i fuggin like it.

Doc

alfiestorm
04-02-2007, 09:13 AM
Doc did ya find some standard mirrors yet?

Docktor
04-02-2007, 09:39 AM
I got me a set of white ones mate, They have some gravel rash on em tho. There was a brand new set on ebay about 4 months ago. The cheeky bitch took em off auction and some em to some seppo on me. Yep......... Im still dirty on her. hehehe

Doc

Docktor
12-02-2007, 02:37 PM
Davo, Arrived in the mail today mate, Already fitted too. Top work mate. Its gettin close to beer o clock for you.

Doc

12-02-2007, 06:14 PM
now remember Doc...the arrows tell you which direction to ride so dont put em on backwards.

(p.s that was outfuckinstanding delivery from aus post,I posted that Friday arvo.)

Docktor
12-02-2007, 09:44 PM
Nahh, fuckem it was slow. NOW, if they rode fighters i woulda had em before ya sent em :)

doc