PDA

View Full Version : financial any experts out there

alfiestorm
27-01-2007, 09:41 PM
Just supposing that someone moved from the uk to Auss and that someone decided not to pay their credit cards and loans they had in the uk.

Would it have any affect on that persons ability to get a mortgage in auss or to rent.

Just to set the records straight I have been asked this question by some people I know that are going thru the visa application process to move to Perth.

Thought I had better add that as it looked like I was asking the question for me

:)

28-01-2007, 10:39 AM
Nope.

Lotsa Kiwis do it, and Aus/NZ financial systems are much more closely linked.

Large
28-01-2007, 11:45 AM
I wouldn't have thought they were closely linked. We had a new guy at work about 5 years ago who came from the UK.

He had all sorts of trouble getting loans/credit cards etc because he had no credit history...

Things might have changed in that time tho...

28-01-2007, 09:09 PM
Large... (Harry Potter)...may the magic wand do someone a favour and make this thread turn to dust for their own credability

28-01-2007, 10:34 PM
Yeah, but establishing a new credit history is easier than getting over a bad one.

As long as you have a job these days credit card companies, home loan companies etc will fall over themselves trying to lend you money

Large
29-01-2007, 02:03 AM
quote:Originally posted by davo

Large... (Harry Potter)...may the magic wand do someone a favour and make this thread turn to dust for their own credability

Everyone has the ability to delete or edit their own posts:)

BillyWhizz888
29-01-2007, 01:00 PM
Just tell them to make sure that the main earner does not run up the debt....

you can get away with lots :D True story [8D]

zx12argh
30-01-2007, 12:38 PM
You wouldn't have any worries - Australia has its own independant credit system to the UK. Any company who wants the ability to check credit histories or report bad debts must pay the equivalent of an annual subscription. I assume its something similar in the UK. I wouldn't try the same trick with the UK and certain European countries tho...