PDA

View Full Version : Mundy and the self adjusting DOG BONES

dazz
20-01-2007, 09:40 PM
He has done it again. Small MX style jump down the drive way at Woodys today followed by a crisp cracking sound.

"RING RING" "hey Dazz, its mundy[:I], the dog bones have just broken on the bike up the road:("

10 metres of skidmarks and a decent set on the road too:D

Note to all: Bakelite not good for bones
lids off tupperware containers not good for bones
dry pasta sheets not good for bones

Cruisecontrol
20-01-2007, 09:48 PM
A glutton for punishment.

Less than a week ago I saw the scars and heard the story of the previous dog bone breakage.

Good effort, China.

Jockney Rebel
21-01-2007, 03:50 AM
:Doops..... so the shock mounts im makin out of chocolate wont work then ? is that what yer tryin to say ?

Rocket
21-01-2007, 09:13 AM
Try cheese Frankenbiker. Much better resistance to temp variations and a wider variety of material hardness.

Avoid Coon cheese though as it never works, smells bad and will probly steal your DVD player.

Jockney Rebel
21-01-2007, 02:21 PM
right u are ill keep that in mind i was gonna use this special light swiss chocolate that me missus has to keep down the weight:D

21-01-2007, 02:54 PM
I am fully aware of wot happened to the honda dog bones[^]they are made of hardened steel[^]the down ramp i hit(on private property) is steep[xx(]i also know what to do so it dont happen agin[^]cruise if you think i`m made of bone china,think again.Stay away from fire stations if u ask me[:o)]

Cruisecontrol
21-01-2007, 03:10 PM
China plate = mate. Good old rhyming slang.

I wish my bike broke easier than I did.

RUSS M8
23-01-2007, 05:36 PM
Good onya Mad...

maybe time for some decent 15mm Stainless dog bones!!! :D

24-01-2007, 04:11 PM
Right;)looking at the situation i asked meself why[?] is this occuring[}:)]now for people that have followed me will comment that the rear end "pogo`s":(& no matter wot i do cant tune it out[V]wot i have concluded is that the rising rate is too fast for the shock to cope with:(have now replaced the linkage which in turn has necesitated with the "dog bones" requiring to be of a longer length reducing the srtess in all areas of operation[8D]