PDA

View Full Version : Irish whiskey where is it and can ya get it

alfiestorm
18-01-2007, 02:05 AM
My fav spirit is irish whiskey Bushmills triple distilled is preferred is that available in Auss or any other irish whiskey [u]not</u> [u]scotch whiskey </u>it's far to rough and makes me puke.

18-01-2007, 02:10 AM
sorry mate...we only brew moonshine here.

alfiestorm
18-01-2007, 02:14 AM
As long as it is smooth and dont make ya go blind that will do :)

geesexar
18-01-2007, 03:52 AM
yeah alfie im pretty sure bushmills is available..then ya got the norm...jamisons etc..irish whiskey is a smooth drop

DaveK5
18-01-2007, 09:07 AM
2 words alfie

Tullamore Dew

Scotch is shit..

Jockney Rebel
18-01-2007, 05:01 PM
u obviously havnt been drinkin the right scotch......
ive got some single malt from skye sitting in the cupboard thats smooth as silk
mind u having said that we re just irishmen that can swim.....
i suppose it just a matter of taste but u would think theyd spell the bloody word right its whisky man

Jockney Rebel
18-01-2007, 05:03 PM
of course theres always pochin .....:D

Jockney Rebel
18-01-2007, 05:04 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/78105531610309.gif

BOHEMION
18-01-2007, 07:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by alfiestorm

My fav spirit is irish whiskey Bushmills triple distilled is preferred is that available in Auss or any other irish whiskey [u]not</u> [u]scotch whiskey </u>it's far to rough and makes me puke.

ON YA FRANK!!!

There are a few places around Brisbane (and id imagine other major cities) That can order what ever you want from OS. For example in Brisbane there is a HUGE place called - Liquor Savers Super Store -

They import alot of shit fro all over the place. Can spend abit in there easily...

Jockney Rebel
18-01-2007, 11:08 PM
yeah u should be able to get a decent drop of just about anything here we ve got a liquor superstore here and i found weisbeir a drink i used to partake of when i was workin in germany

23-01-2007, 03:58 PM
I`m a bit irish;)me dad was from slago[^]i WILL NOT drink scotch makes me ill,terrible shit[xx(]the only stuff i can drink out here is CC,JD or Jamo:Das for the drop you speak of[:p]think ya outa luck mate[B)]

tacky1
24-01-2007, 03:35 AM
quote:Originally posted by frankenbiker

LOL.. I think you mean potcheen, Man I got some serious fucked up nights from that stuff. My uncle used to make that shit, Pure poison.. :)

hmmmnz
24-01-2007, 08:20 AM
my favorite whiskey is jamisons
but i also have tryed a brilliant one from the isle of skye it was a Talisker 10 year and also there is a brilliant blended from mccleod
that was as smoothe as a babys bottom,

have been to a few great breweries over here, only problem is can only visit a couple a day as the roads are good and windy on the bike that ya dont want to get too drunk and crap off. :D

Gix11
24-01-2007, 02:05 PM
Fucking potcheen! That stuff is mad. I have some photos somewhere of what it did to me and my brother when we were in Ireland for a week 5 years ago which would be a great advert for "why not to drink potcheen".

Jockney Rebel
24-01-2007, 05:00 PM
quote:Originally posted by tacky1

quote:Originally posted by frankenbiker

LOL.. I think you mean potcheen, Man I got some serious fucked up nights from that stuff. My uncle used to make that shit, Pure poison.. :)
know wot u meen mate ...ma faither and awe his pals huv bin known tae drink that stuff and its pure mental by the way:D

Jockney Rebel
24-01-2007, 05:02 PM
quote:Originally posted by hmmmnz

my favorite whiskey is jamisons
but i also have tryed a brilliant one from the isle of skye it was a Talisker 10 year and also there is a brilliant blended from mccleod
that was as smoothe as a babys bottom,

have been to a few great breweries over here, only problem is can only visit a couple a day as the roads are good and windy on the bike that ya dont want to get too drunk and crap off. :D

i have a bottle [wots left of it ] of taliskers sitting right here alongside a bottle of jack daniels silver but unfortunately there gettin empty[V]

greg mulligan
24-01-2007, 07:08 PM
i have a couple of bottles of potcheen here,maybe i should bring some on fools run

BOHEMION
24-01-2007, 07:23 PM
quote:Originally posted by greg mulligan

i have a couple of bottles of potcheen here,maybe i should bring some on fools run

yees you will[:p][B)][:0]:D[8D]

tacky1
25-01-2007, 04:01 AM
LOL...Ah ya cant bate it with a big stick.. :) My bro and a cousin and me drank a slab of Heinikin years ago In Irl and of course had a good buzz on, So when the beer was gone we decided to tear into the Potcheen,
Dont remember much after that only when My mother got up in the morning, Stephen (cousin) was lying half way out the front door in a pool of Puke, My Bro was asleep in the hallway and I was asleep on the kitchen Table., When I say asleep, it was fuckin passed out,
It took me two days to get over that mess. Needless to say that was the last time I ever drank the shit, It was the worst hangover I ever, ever had, And I have had a few hangovers in my day.. :)

ozpete01
07-02-2007, 03:08 PM
ya can get bushmills from a bottlo here in nth qld called Dan murphy`s think they got a few other branches down mexico way, south of the border, damn good drop but nowhere near as good as lagavulin scotch 12 yo

scotty mac
07-02-2007, 03:29 PM
good ol sir dans[:p][:p]. i got them to chase down a bottle of 30year old glenfiddich it took a bit but they got it in.$300.

jubuntu
07-02-2007, 04:51 PM
its an arguement that has no distinct answer.. buying into either the irish whiskey or scotch whisky camp is denying yourself another whole world of pleasure.

the main difference other than spelling (irish has an "E" in it) is that irish is distilled thrice, and scotch twice. there are fine examples of each and the only thing id warn against is grained whiskeys as its shit and turns people into cunts.. single malt is far superior.

any large commercial brand is blended, that is to say, each barrel will develop its own particular taste characteristics, and the blender will mix them to produce a generic taste for which the brand is known. I quite like smaller distilleries that will bottle by the barrel which means you get a variety of taste experiences whenever you score a bottle.

Personally I quie Like Glen Ord as an evening drink Green Spot during the day. best taken neat, occasionally with a drop of tap water and never, ever with ice.

loosebruce
07-02-2007, 05:35 PM
"irish has an "E" in it"
That will do the trick.

ozkat
07-02-2007, 05:51 PM
Yeah im a bit like you blokes, i only buy the best Woodstock and cola cans. :D

Jockney Rebel
07-02-2007, 07:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by ozkat

Yeah im a bit like you blokes, i only buy the best Woodstock and cola cans. :D
nice one oz im into the jack and irn bru followed by a fried Mars bar meslf..or if im really flush a bottle or 5 of buckfast ..30 Sauchihall St winos cant be wrong :D

greg mulligan
08-02-2007, 03:44 PM
where can you get buckfast here? found stuff here called "Dr Jurds JUNGLE JUICE" not bad but not the same

tacky1
09-02-2007, 02:52 PM
LOL.... The good ole Fuckedfast... Havent had that in a while.. :)