PDA

View Full Version : The K5 fighter

Balakov
14-06-2007, 09:11 PM
Hi,

I just thought i waould talk you all through the bulid..............ongoing build process of my fighter.

She started life as a brand new Gixxer 750. Flogged the fuck out of her for about three thousand klms in the melb mountains (where i was living at the time) until i had an off on the black spur! Fucking black ice spur should be called!

So anyway shoved it in the shed for a few weeks trying to decide what i wanted to do with her.

Some shit happened work wise and i moved back to Sydney and in the first week i was back totally stripped her. Spent many many hours sanding the frame and wheels to get rid of the sand casting marks on the frame.....did not totally succeed but i got a lot out!

Then chose some paint. Took it round to Spencer at APW Brookvale to paint her up............awesome job! Then the bike endured two moves in very short sucession with little work done because of the cost of moving.............Then an unexpected third move so again i was strapped for cash..........this is about 12 months after the paint was done.

Finally i and she found a home and we got to work. Paint, green.....the frame, swingarm, wheels, forks.And the engine blue. So we started putting her back together and soon enough i had a rolling chassis. But i was not happy with the suspension linkage (it was still stock ali colour)so we pulled her apart again and i had the suspension linkage and side stand painted black. So back together again and all was good!

In the mean time i had ordered a full set of ISR six piston calipers and switches.....including rear from Ben. Then i thought hey need wavey rotors as well so i ordered some of those from Ben as well, ABM.

They came and i fitted them to the bike. I had some radical ideas for the bike at this time......so i bought some bid ass lights from Ben which are like the triumph ones but i will use three accross the front inline and i bought an oil cooler to sit just below them to give it a fat front end!

So i have the switches and the levers................i need a bar so bought that and started thinking about a top tripple...........had my friends with a CNC make me a top.....eventually and i made the risers myself...........awesome!

Then i bought a clutch cover and an alternator cover both GSXR ebgraved.

Braided lines are here and paid for and i am still waiting for my fucking tail unit from those god dam Germans!!!!!! Its an MV F4 shortened unit.

About now i gave it to Ben at Extreme Creations to finish it............i have spent over 18 months on it and i just dont have the time or energy anymore!

Oh and the latest edition is the custom lower tripple to match the custom 50mm upper............fuckin sick!!!

So for now as of the 14 June 07 thats me.

Balakov
14-06-2007, 09:21 PM
Shit forgot the Chain gang sprocket i bought black 4 up on the back and the ek silver chain

Cruisecontrol
14-06-2007, 09:34 PM
Sounds like you have bought a lot of stuff. Except a camera!!

Sounds nice.

BANDITROD
14-06-2007, 10:21 PM
sounds good mate but some pics would be good:D

latheboy
15-06-2007, 10:12 AM
Pics or it never happened ...

chopiesel
15-06-2007, 10:16 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/959084692129554.jpg
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/959084692119121.jpg

latheboy
15-06-2007, 12:20 PM
Thats some cool arse wheels on the rear stand:D ... lotta work has gone into that , looks good so far

wackyrider
15-06-2007, 02:12 PM
Keep updating. Looks sweet.

pt
15-06-2007, 03:23 PM
nice. love thr green

joe.d
15-06-2007, 10:39 PM
I like it....though those trippe trees are massive did they come off a UTE...just kiddin