PDA

View Full Version : Cultural Differences

klavdy
17-12-2006, 02:02 PM
Have you ever laughed that hard you thought you were going to do yourself a mischief?
Like, physically injure yourself?
As some of you are aware, I’m currently working in Papua New Guinea, truly a land of contrasts, where they have their own cultural beliefs and style.
Fashions are another unique aspect; amongst my favourite is the Koteka.
A ***** gourd.( edited? for saying Pen-is?)
Rather a decorative thing it is too, goes twixt bollocks and knob, attached with woven human hair twine.
Anyway, there’s a few different models of the old Kotekas, you’ve got your sleek little rig, ideal for running through the jungle, I call ‘em “The Sports”, mostly the younger set wear these cheeky little numbers, then you’ve got yer day to day ones about 15-18” long, turned up at the end like a Persian slipper, and yer more imposing one, stands upright, good couple of feet long, for the more solemn and formal occasion.
Any way, I was riding along on the bike, not a Yamaha FJ1200, but still a Yamaha none the less, when a group of the Village elders has flagged me down, wanted to talk to me.
Now, ya gotta realise that when these guys talk, they stand REALLY close to you, it’s just how it is, and having a two foot long knob adornment waving about in front of your face certainly gets your attention, jeez, you gotta bat the damn things outta the way while pretending that it’s nothing out of the ordinary, so, there I am, I’ve got off the bike, taking my helmet off, trying to not look at these knob things coz you know, you just don’t really go staring at knob things do you, they are doing the usual jabbering they do when they are excited about something ,and I feel this insistent prodding round me groin area, I glance down and F.M.D!
Willock, one of the elders, is wearing a bright pink plastic dolls leg, foot and all, slipped over his dick.
God only knows why, or where he got it from, or what it meant, but I couldn’t help it.
I started to laugh,
Now these guys, well , they are the equivalent of , I dunno, the local Mayor and councillors? Whatever, but, you know, they take themselves seriously.
I tried not to, honestly, tried not to laugh, I’m making these grunting snorking noises, thinking, Yeah, I’ll be right, I can handle it, when F.M.D, he touched it up against me again.
That was it.
I completely lost it.
Tears, snot, breathless helpless fits of laughter, I was actually on the ground, gawd knows what the Elders thought was wrong with me, and I needed help to get back on the bike.
I am still in pain from laughing.

Gix11
17-12-2006, 02:58 PM
I wonder why that hasn't caught on around the rest of the world? Blokes wandering around with dolls legs and foot hanging out the front of their jeans. Nah, I'll give that one a miss I reckon.

17-12-2006, 08:56 PM
Forgotten about the propensity that Poms once had for the Cod Piece have you Gix?

But thank God they're all well and truly dead by now, well except for Blackadder that is.

:D

Jockney Rebel
18-12-2006, 12:01 AM
i like cod me......