PDA

View Full Version : Wife fixes bike!

Tone
02-06-2007, 12:50 PM
Don't get to ride as often as I like so bike spends a fair bit of time sitting.After a while of idleness the bloody thing always runs crap,usually on short runs around the city and so I whine about it to the Mrs...Her advice is that it needs a good run.So out I go for a few laps of the old road and lo and behold the fucker runs strong with no rough running and power all the way through the revs.
If nothing has changed why is this the case?What is the reason for a seemingly bad state of tune around town but excellent running after a few hundred kliks of faster riding?It'll run fine around the streets for a little while and then starts again with the coughing and farting while in the traffic.
Anyone shed any light on this?
Cheers Tone

devo
02-06-2007, 02:05 PM
Why are you asking us for :D I wreckon you should ask ya MRS ;)

Seifer
02-06-2007, 02:56 PM
I dont know what bike you ride mate but my little FZR250 is exactly the same. With an 18k redline the bike begs for massively high revving whicvh in city riding you dont get to do. Basically all kinds of carbon and crap will build up under low revs and cause your bike to bog down. Taking it out to the hills and giving it a hard run blows out the cobwebs and frees up the internals a bit. But thats with my bike anyway. Keep ur revs high!

Tone
02-06-2007, 04:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by devo

Why are you asking us for :D I wreckon you should ask ya MRS ;)

Yes...thanks Devo,maybe the risers you sent me are the culprit eh:D
Do they perhaps contain a critical detector that creates a problem in direct proportion to my desperation for just getting home to the mechanic in the house?

...and Seifer,yes it's another (relatively) high revving fucker,the 89 750K gix.I'll try 1st gear only for city riding;)

cutcat
02-06-2007, 08:10 PM
My bike hadn't been ridden for a while, so I took her out for a rap and it ran pretty ordinary. When I got home I took the tank off to see if everything was in place and guess what.....right in between my coils was a FROG!! Thats right a big fat frog, still alive hopping around the hot components.
So that was its problem, it had a frog in its throat I guess.:D[:p]

So there you have it. A bit of utterly useless information you guys can draw on again and again. [:I]

speeddemon
03-06-2007, 06:47 PM
sounds like the wife got sick of your fucked up jetting on the beast and sorted it out herslf for ya;)