PDA

View Full Version : 2007 R6 tail on GSX1400

Big Daddy
01-06-2007, 09:56 AM
Good morning all.

I need some advise and maybe some assistance. I would be interested in getting an R6 tail (06/07) onto a GSX1400. For some on this site, easily done, but for me... very very hard:)

So, if there is someone on the site that can help me do it, please let me know. Obviously, I will pay for the services but I am not too keen on spending $2k to do it.;)

Anyway, if someone can help, great:D If not, thanks anyway:)

DaveK5
03-06-2007, 09:54 AM
Dude to put an r6 tail on a GSX1400 ur gonna have to cut the rear of the sub frame...theres a thread on GSX1400.org for 'gnome' fitting a tail (not R6)and it's a hacksaw job....But thats in the UK....it's not legal to modify a frame in oz unless certified by an engineer.
This is why sports bikes with bolt on rear subframes are favoured by fighter builders..

But then again it's only illeagal if you get caught.[8D]

damo1
03-06-2007, 01:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by DaveK5

Dude to put an r6 tail on a GSX1400 ur gonna have to cut the rear of the sub frame...theres a thread on GSX1400.org for 'gnome' fitting a tail (not R6)and it's a hacksaw job....But thats in the UK....it's not legal to modify a frame in oz unless certified by an engineer.
This is why sports bikes with bolt on rear subframes are favoured by fighter builders..

But then again it's only illeagal if you get caught.[8D]

Dont listen to him give Exben a call at extreme creations hell deffinatly be able to give you a hand hes the guru around here on mods to any bike and anything.;)