PDA

View Full Version : Rapid Mag

Stocky
27-05-2007, 08:35 AM
I've been thinking about this post for a while and I hope I word it right so it comes across the right way.

I'll start with a this ....

This is my personal opinion and impressions and mine only.

I was really glad to see the first few edition of Rapid (different name)

It looked to me like Australia might finally get a more open, unbiased and less politically correct bike magazine.

It looked like it was going to feature real custom bikes , performance parts (and ideas) and that sort of stuff.

Everything from a pro-street bike to a streetfighter.

Then it never really happened.

It's quickly evolved into a really normal (boring) mag with some minor differences.
Most of the mag is the usual new bike reviews and a couple of show bikes or "bolt on" modified bikes.

I've been leaving it on the shelf for a while now.

I bought the latest one cause it's got the AFR in it and I have to say it hasn't changed my mind.

It's almost like buying AMCN now.

Half the mag is a 1000cc sport bike comparo which is not a bad thing except it's no different to 5 other mags on the shelf.

Then the trickest bike they could find was a SP R1 with some bling on it.

I've seen better bikes on this forum.

The issue before had "Australia's trickest GSXR1000" and it was just a new bike with 20 grand of bolt on "names".
I'm sure there are 100 better GSXR's out there.

I'm not saying it'd be easy to get out and get photo's and articals on these kinds of bikes but it used to be Rapid that looked like it was going to get out and do it.

I think if the mag had grown in that direction and got a few good issues out with that kinda content it would now have the builders wanting their bikes in the mag.

I'm not saying the mag is crap.

Or that I'd do a better job.

Or that all (or any) of the bikes featured are crap.

I guess I'm just disapointed at the potential that has never been realised.

Sorry. Rant over [8)]

Booster
27-05-2007, 11:19 PM
Had a comment but thought it best to speak to the rapid guys rather than air my thoughts

Stocky
28-05-2007, 07:06 AM
Please don't take this as a direct chop at the mag or the people involved.

I'm only saying that I got the impression it was going to be different and it seems (to me) to becoming more like all the other mags on the shelf.

Booster
28-05-2007, 08:06 AM
I agree, i reread what i posted and thought better of it as it could have been taken the wrong way, and i'm usually more for telling the world if somethings good and telling the person if somethings wrong.

speeddemon
28-05-2007, 06:54 PM
The other year i thought the direction then was too chromy wog for me (burnouts with dicks wearing no gloves and sneakers), then its become too rice for me, then as you said a bit mainstream 'look i can spend heaps of bling on a new gsxr1000 which doesn't need anything spent on it anyway' or lets talk up my relatively stock 'fighter'. NOT INTERESTED

But as long as it focuses on unique custom bikes I will give them credit cause no one over here is. Is it so good enough for me to subscribe - No. Will I buy the odd copy, sometimes. Can they improve and do they have a good base from which to work from - yes

At least AFR was covered:D

28-05-2007, 07:11 PM
The magazine we speak of in my opinion is worth wot we pay for;)
It is f@k`n hrd work to do wot Jeff & Heather has in the time frame[8)]
Wot i see is a publ. that HAS time to print & promote most aspects of our pastime(world)
I wont go name dropping but i`ve seen some gerat publ. relish aswell as fall:(
Iv`e spent time in the industry & it ain`t "beer & skittle`s" most of the time ya head just rotate`s o ya shoulders keeping up let alone in front[8)]

KRASH
28-05-2007, 07:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by mad mundy

The magazine we speak of in my opinion is worth wot we pay for;)
It is f@k`n hrd work to do wot Jeff & Heather has in the time frame[8)]
Wot i see is a publ. that HAS time to print & promote most aspects of our pastime(world)
I wont go name dropping but i`ve seen some gerat publ. relish aswell as fall:(
Iv`e spent time in the industry & it ain`t "beer & skittle`s" most of the time ya head just rotate`s o ya shoulders keeping up let alone in front[8)]

what...?????:D

fimpBIKES
28-05-2007, 07:57 PM
made sense to me

i also dont mind throwing Rapid a bone every month

although the creditcard gixxer the other month really got up my goat

NakedTurboBusa
28-05-2007, 11:14 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm thinking mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

15 years of reading all kinds of performance mags including most bike, car, BMX, cycling, skateboarding, surfing, hunting, the list goes on....... (cause of baby, injury etc i only get one mag a month) Over these years ive had thoughts much like those by Stocky and read plenty of statments like it, normally about magazine A in magazine B's letters to ed....

Its all fucking moot!!!!

At the end of the day William McFucknuckle (public) are the larger demographic and most of which buy the shiney bikes we see in the shops, or want to read about it...

The companys that sell the 20 grand of bling etc, advertise with the Mag, Thus making it all facets of the industry to float.......

The good intentions are real.....THEN ITS ABOUT MONEY, THATS IT. People just need to pay the bills and buy a few bikes......

The non comercial type mags cant last. on shed built beautys, etc cause sheds dont advertise...
Thats why this site is so fucking SWEET.s

Cheers

NTB

Jockney Rebel
29-05-2007, 12:04 AM
what he said .....real world
if there were 600000 readers into streefighters then there would be aussie sf mag started here but money talks and bullshit walks ..unfortunately
..we are a fringe cult on the edge of a minority in the greater scheme of things
im just glad the scene gets any recognition however if it takes off like it has in other countries we ll all be caning jo soap for buying a 2010 bandit and sticking renthals on it
but wait arent these are the punters who will buy 50 buck tickets to our aussie bulldog bash so that we can get bigger venues and have better times ?

zx12argh
29-05-2007, 12:50 PM
yupp ditto here too - unfortunately you have to appeal to as wide a market as possible with something like a magazine to survive... its great that there is a magazine dealing mostly in modified bikes its just a sad fact of life they have to sellout (no offense meant) to keep the mag on the shelf.

All the underground stuff - well - thats what the ASF is for and it comes to you a lot more often the once a month...

quote:but wait arent these are the punters who will buy 50 buck tickets to our aussie bulldog bash so that we can get bigger venues and have better times ?
Franky not sure what you meant there - but if you meant forking over dollars for the fools run for a bigger venue I would deffinately be in for that - you gotta support your community - even if its made up of tyre smoking mongrels;)

Jockney Rebel
29-05-2007, 05:30 PM
what i meant was our 'do' appealing to more like minded people so that WE can have a pukka time and still afford it the bulldog attracts 20000 people every year
i suppose what i meant was i dont mind a bit of sellin out to further the greater good ie cheaper parts ,more choice ,and bigger events

speeddemon
29-05-2007, 08:34 PM
If you look at cycle torque they have done well at least because it is relatively diverse ie Trailies, motards, granpa cruiser, sporties (no real fighters though),racing news ettccccccc. Oh and cheap (sorry free)

As long as Rapid has customs ill keep my eye on it, but without em ill read dirt bike mags instead
;)

qickdraw
30-05-2007, 10:19 AM
Everyone makes good points about this issue - but the fact is (as stated by a few guys) that to run a successful magazine you need to sell magazines. As Frankenbiker said - 'we are a fringe cult on the edge of a minority group' and that is exactly right. No-one will sell 25K mags in Australia every month by printing a mag choc full of bikes that only 5K people want to see.
Jeff is a streetfighter fan - not a total fanatic like us - but he appreciates the style and the work that goes into a good build. It's a credit to him & Heather that they dedicate at least one feature every month to a 'fighter and that he allows me to dribble on for a whole page about 'fighters - in fact from next month onwards we're trying to expand the column up to 2 pages with more pix of 'fighters and 'fighter-related stuff. We should be pretty grateful that we've got an ally in the guy who runs the only 'edgy' sportsbike mag in the country, I know I got sick of 2 wheels & AMCN years ago.
Don't forget that the whole mag is basically put together by 2 people who got sick of 'working for the Man' and not seeing a decent bike mag in Australia. They both work bloody hard at trying to put together a mag based around the theme 'RAPID BIKES' every month.

As for an Aussie 'Bulldog Bash' - STAY TUNED............!

Stocky
30-05-2007, 11:15 AM
Seems like it's not just me then.

I understand the economics and the need to appeal to a broard market and I don't really have a problem with a part of the mag being like that.

I guess when I really think about it , it's the custom bikes I'm disapointed in.

I just imagine there are much tricker bikes out there with more origional thought and unique ideas and work put into them.

The hard part for the 2 person team would be finding them and getting quality articals and photo's etc I suppose.

I'm not just talking about street fighters either.

There are some wicked drag bikes around and some pretty trick road bikes too that are not just stock bikes with a bunch of "names" bolted onto them.

I have lots of "names" on my bike but it doesn't mean it's interesting to magazine readers.

I was thinking it'd actually create more interest to show the weird stuff and the really techo stuff.

It'd be good for the advertisers too.

Things like ......

Velocity stacks - what they do, claim to do , really do, how they effect power and tunning etc....

Gearing - put a 520 conversion on a GSXR and see how it feels, go up 6 on the back and see how it feels.

Powershifters - Lots of brands around, do they ruin gear boxes ? , do they make you faster on the raod ? how do they work?

Aftermarket suspension - does it lower lap times more than HP ? where's the bang for buck in this area ?

Slip-on vs Full System - comparo

K&N - BMC - DNA - Airfilters - More power ? Less ? require tunning ?

Air boxes - What they do, can you ditch them, better than 4 pods ? , how much power at high speed ?

A/F tunning - what it means, generic map vs custom map , cost , all the brands and what they do ?

Wide Band loggers/ Data loggers - what's around and what they can do ?

etc

etc

You could use featured bikes to show these things used and piggy back articals off them....

I guess that's the sort of thing I was looking forward to reading about.

Colin Linney's stuff was pretty good.

Sorry, rant over (again)

Booster
30-05-2007, 12:39 PM
Stocky can you write ?
You have covered more technical stuff in 1 message than i have seen in tech time for the past year (i'm hoping there dumbing it down for the less technicaly oriented)

TurboKat
30-05-2007, 03:42 PM
I'm 100% with Stocky, I personally would love to see more "how to" technical & fabrication articles that actually go into detail about the relevent processes involved - not just a "Readers Digest" type overview (along the lines of the build articles in The Bible)
The old Streetbike (R.I.P.) was a great mag (except when Seddo was Ed. & it unofficially became StreetDucati) & before I stopped buying AMCN I noticed Matho was letting a few grass roots type tech articles in. [:0]
Jeff has written quite a few good tech articles for other mags over the years & being a qualified bike wrench, I'm sure he could do it again.
I'm not very smart so I like to see lots of pics/diagrams/graphs included with tech features. [:I]
I appreciate the fact that custom/modified Jap bikes & builders are very thin on the ground in 'Straya & therefore a minority that is unfinancially viable to cater for but Shirley our section of the demographic is at least worthy of consideration... after all, it's our bikes that get featured.
I could dribble on for hours on this topic but I won't, suffice to say, I now thumb through 3 or 4 mags at the Newsagent to check that particular issue's content before I decide which one to buy.
Rapid usually wins though, mostly because it's got at least 1 decent modified bike per issue & that's where my heart is.
Note to Jeff (via Stu); PLEASE fuck WG off & get Mick to do a similar (better) column, if you can't contact him, just pop down to your local church & pray - he'll contact you. ;)

30-05-2007, 05:05 PM
Mick is too busy shagg`n to talk dribble to you T.K:D
My vote go`s to RAPID;)
Look,not all bike`s do i like[:X]but they`r in RAPID
Not all opinion`s do i agree[^]but most are in RAPID
There is a lot wrong with the bike scene,but there is no bias in RAPID;)
I am not employed by RAPID[8D]it is better than most(in my average view) :)

Jockney Rebel
30-05-2007, 06:12 PM
i see turbos point we need a " motorcycle mechanics" mag that would appeall to not just us but the classic mob and others that aint scared to spin spanners but again it depends on economics

Stocky
30-05-2007, 07:20 PM
Just a regular section in a good mag (Like Rapid) would do.

Jockney Rebel
30-05-2007, 08:12 PM
i get a mag sent over called classic mechanics [covers most stuff from 70's 80's and some 90's ] its really helped me with bmy build and would be ace for anyone considering an old skooler

Rapid
30-05-2007, 09:13 PM
Hi guys,
Thanks for the feedback - I appreciate it. A few years ago I was getting letters stating the opposite, so I toned it down a bit - not everyone understands the really high tech stuff so we changed Tech Time to more simple stuff and it is very popular now. Obviously having Ian Irving as a columnist every issue is a strong point (most in the industry will agree that Ian is one of the best in the world and currently builds all the Yamaha Factory Team engines), and also Workshop is fairly technical - with our series on power-to-weight, chassis, crankshafts, blueprinting etc. I have tried to continue this as I did when I was editor of Streetbike and Bike Doc at Two Wheels.
Every issue I try to run a streetfighter, a bling bolt on, a low end build, and a horsepower build. That spreads the love for everyone. At the moment we have 99 high end Aussie bikes photographed and ready to go (about three years worth). But importantly, there are a lot of readers who like to pick one or two parts to make their bike 'their own' so it is important to run basic stuff too.
The new bikes are important - since issue #1 I have run the mag at 40% new, 60% modified - this has not changed. Performance is what Rapid is all about.
I will look to tech it up a bit and see how we go. We do have a good series on NOS and TURBOCHARGING on the way - after our current series on brakes is finished.
We have already done loads of articles and comparos on aftermarket suspension, gearing, airfilters, cams, brakes, tyres, etc and will continue to do that. Don't forget we also build bikes (NOS CB9, Project K5, Project R1, Project CBR1000RR, Project RS, Project GSX14) and there is some tech info in there.
As for Mick Doohan - we tried and his reply was 'why would I write for a two-bit magazine when I could go on TV.'
Wayne is a top bloke - and has time for riders. he is a real motorcyclist who rides almost every day on hi Fireblade. Doing a bit with Beattie now too.
Hope this helps –
Jeff Ware.

NakedTurboBusa
30-05-2007, 09:52 PM
You will get my money, Jeff and Heather....

Oh and if i had some thing to advertise I would do it with your mag...

keep up the good work...

Pete

crazymofo
30-05-2007, 10:29 PM
altho theres some stuff in their im not interested in sometimes, for 90% of the time, im very happy with all the content in rapid. i reckon it does strike a good balance in providing reading material for just about all folks that are into the performance of their machine. i look at it this way, if they catered for just us only, they wouldnt be in business long, and we'd have nothing at all to read.

whats so bad about new bike reveiws anyways.. i like to see what new bikes come out with, gives me some spy shots at what i'll be buying from ebay in a few months time lol!! i do like the format that they test new bikes in, having the different testers veiws and all.

all in all rapid gets my coin every month.

cheers.joe.

Jockney Rebel
31-05-2007, 01:06 AM
quote:Originally posted by Rapid

Hi guys,
Thanks for the feedback - I appreciate it. A few years ago I was getting letters stating the opposite, so I toned it down a bit - not everyone understands the really high tech stuff so we changed Tech Time to more simple stuff and it is very popular now. Obviously having Ian Irving as a columnist every issue is a strong point (most in the industry will agree that Ian is one of the best in the world and currently builds all the Yamaha Factory Team engines), and also Workshop is fairly technical - with our series on power-to-weight, chassis, crankshafts, blueprinting etc. I have tried to continue this as I did when I was editor of Streetbike and Bike Doc at Two Wheels.
Every issue I try to run a streetfighter, a bling bolt on, a low end build, and a horsepower build. That spreads the love for everyone. At the moment we have 99 high end Aussie bikes photographed and ready to go (about three years worth). But importantly, there are a lot of readers who like to pick one or two parts to make their bike 'their own' so it is important to run basic stuff too.
The new bikes are important - since issue #1 I have run the mag at 40% new, 60% modified - this has not changed. Performance is what Rapid is all about.
I will look to tech it up a bit and see how we go. We do have a good series on NOS and TURBOCHARGING on the way - after our current series on brakes is finished.
We have already done loads of articles and comparos on aftermarket suspension, gearing, airfilters, cams, brakes, tyres, etc and will continue to do that. Don't forget we also build bikes (NOS CB9, Project K5, Project R1, Project CBR1000RR, Project RS, Project GSX14) and there is some tech info in there.
As for Mick Doohan - we tried and his reply was 'why would I write for a two-bit magazine when I could go on TV.'
Wayne is a top bloke - and has time for riders. he is a real motorcyclist who rides almost every day on hi Fireblade. Doing a bit with Beattie now too.
Hope this helps –
Jeff Ware.

nice to hear from you jeff and for you to take the time to write mate ...from a neighbour:D

WarHound
31-05-2007, 06:12 AM
Its a bit like record companies . they sign all this main stream pop shit but if you talk to most of the people that work in them they dont like that kinda stuff .. One A&R guy said to me we keep producing all these plastic pop bands so we have the cash to fund real music and still have a healthy operating profit. Everything runs on profit and how much you can make. Rapid has one thing for me over most other bike mags and that is if they dont like something about a bike they seem to say so .. I liked two wheels for years and then I realized that every new bike was sensational .. and that the best reading was the funny buggers columns with road stories and the like .. I stopped buying it a while ago in favour of rapid because there is some honesty in there opinions of bikes .. I think what they could use is a regular "I built this feature" along with the other stuff .. Sell magazines with comparo's and all the rest of it but allocate a couple of pages a month to builders .. there is still subtle advertizing that can be done after all most SF builders buy some aftermarket bits and pieces .. 8)

honda boy
31-05-2007, 09:39 AM
Guys,

I've been following this thread with interest and while I appreciate the issue with accommodating everyone's varying interests and how Rapid can best meet everyone's individual preference, I thought it time to throw in something that hasn't been covered to date which I believe stops RAPID from being at the top of its field.

I'm not an expert in English language but the errors through the magazine both spelling, grammatical and inaccuracies are too high. I realise that Jeff and Heather are doing this on a shoestring but a lot of the contributions from other sources obviously never get proof read before publishing and while its a small issue it really grates on me to be paying for a magazine that has top photography, generally good bikes but is let down by less than perfect type.

I suspect most of you will think I'm over reacting, but if Jeff is reading please take it as constructive criticism as I still intend buying the magazine.

(There's probably a few typos in the above)

KB
02-06-2007, 05:33 PM
I subscribed to RAPID back in Feb or so when the they were running the comp to win that HAWT bike (didn't win btw [B)]). I've got a few things that I would like to see in the mag (such as technical DIY stuff - like fitting new handlebars;) - and "budget bling") and I'm going to write to the RAPID guys personally. I'm pretty sure that if enough people let Jeff know what they want to see it'll get done.

03-06-2007, 03:34 PM
Allow me to quote Honda Boy, (There's probably a few typos in the above)

To be correct, what you should have written is, "There ARE probably a few typo's in the above."

Ask me how I know...

The sub-editor (proofreader) on Rapid does so on a part-time basis, and only works on the copy that lands in his inbox.

Jeff and Heather, like the rest of us, only have a limited number of hours in a day. They do a damn fine job.

vtr420
03-06-2007, 09:13 PM
Greta mag, great people more than happty to help a new business, these guys rok, never met em, never had a subscription, they jut rock!

cutcat
03-06-2007, 09:20 PM
After following this threads comments about Mick Doohan, who heard Wayne Gardiner's side of the story on RPM this weekend???

pommie
04-06-2007, 07:54 AM
Rapid mag is the only mag to buy in OZ, if you are more in to racing then AMCN may be better as it comes out every 2 weeks, but if like me you are in to custom bikes of any kind then Rapid is the one.
I know Jeff & Heather put an amazing amount of work in to putting it together every month. They are both great people that have always got time to have a crack, listen to your ideas & points of view. It’s now the only mag that gets my money.
How many modified bikes do you see in Two Wheels or AMCN? I think we all know the answer.

honda boy
04-06-2007, 10:08 AM
quote:Originally posted by playswithnitro

To be correct, what you should have written is, "There ARE probably a few typo's in the above."

Ask me how I know...

The sub-editor (proofreader) on Rapid does so on a part-time basis, and only works on the copy that lands in his inbox.

Jeff and Heather, like the rest of us, only have a limited number of hours in a day. They do a damn fine job.

Well done, i knew someone would pick me up.

So tell me Playswithnitro, are you saying that [u]you</u> are the sub-editor but you don't get to read [u]everything</u> before going to the printers? I suppose that's a time issue thing with the various contributors is it?

04-06-2007, 05:32 PM
How bout we edit you[:o)]banging around about composition(OH F@CK i hope it`s spelt ryght)is not the reason this thread is here[8D]tool[:X]
It takes me half a beer to skim the other prints[8)]Where Rapid i seem to obsorb more so.
Tell ya the truth Hodaka boy[:X]man i miss "OMNI"
quote:Originally posted by honda boy

quote:Originally posted by playswithnitro

Ask me how I know...

Well done, i knew someone would pick me up.

So tell me Playswithnitro, are you saying that [u]you</u> are the sub-editor but you don't get to read [u]everything</u> before going to the printers? I suppose that's a time issue thing with the various contributors is it?

sharky
04-06-2007, 05:54 PM
Rapid and S'fighters reserved each month at newsagent.
No other aussie bike mag has 'fighters/drag racing/stunting features.
More support it gets, more it can/will grow.
UK Streetfighters started as a one off mag..then went Bi- monthly.....now look where it is..

speeddemon
04-06-2007, 06:51 PM
Can someone pick up Mundy's grammer, I am finding auslebtoneese a tad hard to understand these days

pt
04-06-2007, 07:28 PM
from what i've been gleaning from the mag over the last coupla months it seems as though jeff and heather don't have enough hours in the day to write/work on projects the way they want to.:(

honda boy
04-06-2007, 08:25 PM
Mundy (or mad or Mr Mundy)

What are you trying to say? A few more smily faces might help.:D:D

suxukifreak
04-06-2007, 08:57 PM
I reckon Rapid mag rules. [:p]

Just because i won $100 of polish when my 1400 won the readers ride section the other month, has nothing to do with the above comment. ;) [^]

fimpBIKES
04-06-2007, 08:59 PM
honda boy, i realise you are a newbie

but i seriously hope u brought along your vasoline
cos i have a bit of a feeling your about to have a smiley enema administered by DOCTOR mundy :D

DaveK5
05-06-2007, 07:42 PM
The Mag is as good as it gets in oz, as a GSX1400 owner I've been following the GSX14 project eagerly...C'mon Jeff fit them big pistons...you know you want too.

Keep up the good work.

05-06-2007, 07:57 PM
G'day all,

Jeff monitors these forums as, and when, time permits.

All comments are read.

Honda Boy: Time is a very valuable commodity. You shouldn't waste too much of it on silly guessing games.

05-06-2007, 08:04 PM
PS: It IS possible to tailor magazines to narrow-focus groups but they don't make money and generally fold.

Don't forget that Australia has a population of 20-odd million people. That's about the same as Los Angeles, or London.

To the best of my knowledge, there are no Streetfighter-specific magazines produced in the USA.

Streetfighters is UK-based but with the free-trade across Europe, they have a helluva lot larger population than Australia.

Stocky
06-06-2007, 08:33 AM
Please don't get too hung up on the "Streetfighter" focus of this thread.

My origional comments were more about the over all "custom" and inovative use of parts etc and the building of a real trick bike that is better (for what ever reason) than the sum of those parts.

Streetfighters included but defiately only a part of this scene.

06-06-2007, 10:08 AM
Hey DaveK5: You're not the only one.

For drag racing, it WILL need a longer swingarm to show its true worth.

With standard wheelbase and 200plus HP, it'll be wheelie happy. And so will I.

Fish
14-11-2007, 11:25 AM
I love the mag! I have read many and it's the only one i've ever bothered to subscribe to. I'm just glad of what they DO cover to be pissed at what they don't cover. VIVA LA JEFFROFUMI!!!!:D

Boxer
14-11-2007, 10:26 PM
Being in the magazine game as well, infact having worked with Jeff way back when at Feds, it's definitely tough working out the difference between feedback and criticism. Yet it's good to see some constructive comments here and I'm sure Jeff appreciates reading about what the Street Fighters crew think. Remember even if you think something should be changed to suit your own tastes, it's now always about a minority, magazines need to look after all of their readers. That actually reminds me a bit of all the Ausrotary forum members who said Fast Fours sucked when it didn't have enough Mazdas in it and that they were the bulk of our readers. The weird thing though was that with a mag that sold 30,000+ copies, their forum only had 6000 members. All of which apparently bought the mag. lol

debaser
15-11-2007, 06:10 AM
Just read through the thread. My point would be that Rapid bikes needs to cater to a much wider demographic than you bunch of degenerate angle grinder swinging maniacs. There are plenty of forums like this that weed out the over the counter streetfighters or wannabes. I have bought Rapid in the past and will do in the future because it makes an effort to acknowledge what we enjoy. Maybe someone should take a huge risk like Rapid and start a more focused publication? You wouldn't sell many copies....how many other fighters compared to normal bike do you see every day.

Learnatic
15-11-2007, 12:46 PM
"Degenerate angle grinder swinging maniac"?That would make a great T shirt slogan!

traviss
18-11-2007, 06:16 PM
This might have already been said ...MAGS are a dying art,, you can get more info on street fighters/bike mods on the net than spending a couple of hundred a year on mags ..you can talk with other enthusiasts ,get ideas and even prices .find out the reputations of engineers etc and even get invited to rides with other like minded people ..WHAT DO YOU NEED Magazines for everything is right here on the computer even buying bikes, checkin out the Auctions ,ebay local and the rest of the world...Save your money People unless you need something other than a flick mag in the Dunny I stopped buying Mags to help save for bike trip and I havnt gone back just think about how much you save no sf mag no rapid no amcn (shite anyway)no two wheels ( shite as well) no preformance bikes and fast bikes no just bikes no trader mag whats that about $60-70 a month in your pocket spend that on a faster down load speed and you have replaced the lot...
And it was very hard to type while watching that ass wobble ..

Cruisecontrol
18-11-2007, 06:40 PM
And for a hundred years prior to the internet, tight arses have stood in a newsagent and read a magazine instead of buying it.
I enjoy finding the latest mag in my letterbox, sitting on a comfortable lounge (or anywhere I damn well like for that matter as I am not limited by the length of my cable) and looking through a predetermined set of pictures, articles and advertisements.
There will always be a market for magazines and books because people are tactile by nature. The internet is so impersonal and generally full of shit that its only real purpose is as a global pornography network, so if you need faster download speeds for that, might I suggest a girlfriend?.

jakam04
18-11-2007, 07:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

And for a hundred years prior to the internet, tight arses have stood in a newsagent and read a magazine instead of buying it.
I enjoy finding the latest mag in my letterbox, sitting on a comfortable lounge (or anywhere I damn well like for that matter as I am not limited by the length of my cable) and looking through a predetermined set of pictures, articles and advertisements.
There will always be a market for magazines and books because people are tactile by nature. The internet is so impersonal and generally full of shit that its only real purpose is as a global pornography network, so if you need faster download speeds for that, might I suggest a girlfriend?.

So sinical.... You must be from the internet

Jarrod

suxukifreak
18-11-2007, 08:11 PM
The only reason i buy magazines for is the FREE STICKERS! :D ;)

debaser
19-11-2007, 06:16 AM

Dude sorry for this but I am never ever limited by the length of my cable, snigger. You get instant gratification from the net. Faster instant gratification with a thicker cable umm yeah and mags dont have wobbly arses like this. I leave my mags on the lunch table at work cause I get sick of people and picture magazines and I still find swatting flies difficult and messy with my laptop.

traviss
19-11-2007, 08:45 AM

Girl friend its the wife and thats why Im on the net in the first place If I get home sit on the lounge and read a mag I would get the this was my day at home convo with friends shit thrown in, at least I can use the computer as a work thing ...( just jumping on the computer honey have to check if a payment went through or have a quote to do etc etc )and if I want to look at a few cheeky asses Im only a click away but most of the time Im checking Motogp and wsb news IOM TT stuff real road races site, Ebay, bike point,The trading post ,Weather,News,sport etc And that shits all over Magazines and there high prices for mostly Adds the only thing mags are good for is reading on the beach on holiday.....

sharky
19-11-2007, 09:08 AM
Can't take a laptop to work to read at lunchtime whilst the fuckwits discuss the latest holden commode.....

traviss
20-11-2007, 08:55 AM
Sharky needs a new work place, But yes a very good reason to buy a magazine you could try putting new rules in the work place reforms ..No holden No ford No football No fuckin big Brother conversations while Im anywhere in hearing range or while Im trying to eat..