PDA

View Full Version : STRAIGHTLINERZZZzzzz.....

qickdraw
11-09-2006, 11:18 PM
WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON, PEOPLE?!?!?![?] I was assured that if I got bare minimum numbers and confirmed the event that we would get all the 'undecideds' and hangers-on to commit & then (maybe..) we'd have enough! So far we've got about 14 guys from in this forum (including me!) - What happened to minimum 50 guys being interested?!?!:(
As it stands at the moment the local council has today decided they want me to pay for sweeping the tarmac, 'commercial' fees, barricades and various other fee increases to boost the public coffers - so if we REALLY don't get AT LEAST another 15-20 PAID participants in the next 10 days the event WILL be cancelled.[xx(]
I'm very sorry guys n gals - but I'm not running a charity organisation & I can't spend thousands on an event for 15 guys!!![B)]

sharky
12-09-2006, 07:37 AM
[:0][:0][:0]
Is that all ???? When I paid up I was unsure if I could make it or not but I didn't want the event to fail so I took the gamble..Didn't work out but thats another story :(.
I would rather have lost my $50 and been sorted for S/liners 2 next year..[:p]...
So come on people this is the first (annual ???) ASF event...
How about if you can't make it you just send Stu a few bucks.....NOW !!!!
Remember if this goes under it won't come back.....:(

Slingblade
12-09-2006, 03:01 PM
What if the spectators throw in some extra? Say pay $25 to spectate, instead of ten? Thats still pretty reasonable for this kind of event. May go some way to helping with costs.
I am paid up for a spectator(nathanleetaylor) but i will upgrade to a participant if it is the difference between it going ahead or being cancelled.

Come on people $50 bucks for a SAFE, Supervised race meet!! You cant take you and your missus to the movies for that these days!!

BOHEMION
12-09-2006, 03:38 PM
Stu U got mail

03gixxerpilot
12-09-2006, 05:15 PM
stu you got mail X2

hooligan
12-09-2006, 05:19 PM
I'll pay twice if i have to, I want this thing to happen.

Iceman
12-09-2006, 05:49 PM
I know I have mentioned my situation on here before, two kids, one wage, big mortgage etc, etc, and I'm sure many of you are in, or have been the same place. For this reason the amount of events I can attend is limited.

But when I have to make a choice between going to the Moto GP, which I can watch on the telly for free, or travel'n a couple thousand km's to catch up with like minded people at what could be, a one and only event. I know which one I pick.

I know I cop shit for riding a 500cc bike and not participating a track days. But, at least I'm going to make a fucking effort to support this forum and show up to events organised by these blokes.

fimpBIKES
12-09-2006, 06:05 PM
i agree icey
nothing like catching up with the likemindeds and not being a minority for once :D

i would pay extra stu (transferred my $10 this morning)
or i could just buy u a few cool ones on saturnight :D
did u get my faximillion?

12-09-2006, 06:14 PM
:(

Large
12-09-2006, 06:26 PM
looks like you're having trouble choking a darkie Davy boy :)

any of you indecisive dress wearers...make up your fucking minds by this thursday evening (14th) pleas...I'm going up to Queersland on friday and I don't want to tow up my bikes for no reason.

Large
12-09-2006, 07:27 PM
oh and if you're not sure about entering because you're slow...if you can run sub 12s you'll beat me

abusa
12-09-2006, 07:54 PM
I wont be able to go as I have fractured my ankle. I am quite happy to donate if it will help keep the event alive so I can be there next year!

The new Spectator pricing isnt a bad thing, you would spend more money at other events.

Shayne

Booster
12-09-2006, 09:05 PM
Whats the chances for a non forum member?? one of my mates is keen but has no internet access but for me looking stuff up and printing it for him, also need to know before thurs as he is pitcrewing at Willowbank this weekend and would stay while i brought the bike up.
May be able to get some locals from Alstonville too if more are needed to make it happen.

12-09-2006, 09:40 PM
bring em along Booster,every1 has had plenty of time to extract the didget on this forum so its open slather from here on.Just email or ring Stu and get the forms in ASAP.It would be unfair for those who have committed to this event already for it not to happen.
Anyone who is leaving it till the last minute or hoping to just turn up and pay on the day( and they know who they are) may be sadly dissapointed when its fully booked.

gibbo
13-09-2006, 12:26 AM
Stu, I can't make it to staightliners this year but I would like the chance to go next year. So I am more than willing to pay the 50 to help out but I am having trouble with the link. I have tried a couple of times but it does not work. I have also sent an email stating this same offer but without reply. Tell me how to send some dollars and I will put it in. Mind you I leave tomorrow for the gp so you will have to wait till next tuesday.

sharky
13-09-2006, 07:27 AM
Gibbo, just go to the ausfighter website. Stu's details are there

qickdraw
13-09-2006, 09:28 AM
[xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(]
Well, I wanted to wait for at least another week, but I've had MORE increases in costs over the last 24hrs, and so I have to stop this thing RIGHT NOW.:(
The council has increased my costs over the last week 10 fold, and now I've been informed that there is ANOTHER $2K fee to be paid from another source.:( NOT HAPPY JAN:(
To be fair, the Council guys have tried to help me out where they can - it just seems that they never looked into it properly until now & realised that I need to pay for various different 'legal' costs associated with the sort of activities we've planned....

We are still finalising all the paperwork and putting it on 'hold' in the hope that we can get this thing going at a later date - they are as still keen to see the event up there as we are to do it (so they tell me...) - I'm just going to have to make it A LOT bigger to ensure we get the numbers to cover costs.
I will also soon start looking for official sponsorship from various sources to assist with running costs.

I sincerely apologise to all the guys (& girls) who were looking forward to this so much - I know how much it sux because I'm one of the guys who'll miss out too:(

All who have paid will receive their fee back as follows -
Payment by credit card - no money has yet been taken
Payment by money order or bank deposit - cash/cheque will be sent via mail to nominated address.
If you wish to receive your fee via electronic bank transfer simply e-mail me your bank details & I'll do a transfer.

Once again - I'm very sorry we won't be going ahead as planned, but think of it as an 'indefinite postponement' rather than a cancellation;)
we WILL get this thing going one way or another guys - believe me!

If you know of anyone who may not read this before the day PLEASE let them know! I will be sending out a letter to all who have sent me a form in the next few days, & so I should catch everyone....

13-09-2006, 09:43 AM
Thanks for all the effort anyway Stu. You put in a top effort.

Slingblade
13-09-2006, 09:57 AM
What a fukka. Look why dont we organise a ride regardless? Alot of us have organised time off etc. and i for one dont want to waste the opportunity. Any suggestions on alternatives??

Large
13-09-2006, 10:15 AM
quote:Originally posted by Boris_the_Blade

What a fukka. Look why dont we organise a ride regardless? Alot of us have organised time off etc. and i for one dont want to waste the opportunity. Any suggestions on alternatives??

I was going to say the same thing Bothan/Naris

I'm going to QL on friday so if the Queerlanders want to go to Evans Head for saturday lunch pissup anyway as the house is booked...I'm in

Slingblade
13-09-2006, 10:27 AM
Im in!. If we get a good showing there, it will show the town this is a serious event that will bring real $$$ to the community. Invade the pub with ASF shirts and show them its an event the council should be supporting, not killing it with bullshit legal fee's.

I will take a spot in the house if its on offer Large.

Large
13-09-2006, 10:49 AM
I haven't booked a house, Davo did. I just thought if the ten or so people staying there still want to go...and we can get another 10 or so for a pissup it could be a mini AFR

fimpBIKES
13-09-2006, 12:40 PM
oooh, mini AFR!!!!

keep my $10 stu, the fees or post wouldnt make it worthwhile to give back
donation to a good cause i say ;)

Booster
13-09-2006, 12:46 PM
Same with my fees Stu, put it toward ph calls costs etc and the balance keep for a "straightliners fund" to help get the show on the road in some manner in the future!

Iceman
13-09-2006, 04:27 PM
[:0]:(

Thanks for the effort Stu.

You can keep my payment, buy yourself something nice. lol

On the bright side, this gives me more time to get the turbo bike finished.

13-09-2006, 04:49 PM
[}:)][8D]keep my entry fee Stu & add it to next years fund;)OK lets just ride to Coffs or Makkasville any way[8D]

13-09-2006, 06:36 PM
<center>FUCK IT</center>

<center>:(I'm sooo happy right now,thats only $420 i stand to loose.:(</center>

Gsxar
13-09-2006, 09:20 PM
Well that’s sad n sucks
Sorry we had to pull out but it really didn’t effect anyway, never asked for or expected a refund if we couldn’t make it, was happy to contribute so it could go ahead..
Out of all the members on here it’s a REALLY SHIT effort when so few came thro with the dollars 2 book their spot :(:(

Large
13-09-2006, 11:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by davo

<center>FUCK IT</center>

<center>:(I'm sooo happy right now,thats only $420 i stand to loose.:(</center>

why...did you book the donkey show?

check your emails Davy

13-09-2006, 11:26 PM
10-4...over n out.

Large
14-09-2006, 12:07 AM
copy that

Slingblade
14-09-2006, 12:50 AM
I will have to softcock evans head. Doubt many will be riding north now. Pity i was looking forward to meeting the resident lunatics. Have to be next time.

BOHEMION
14-09-2006, 09:24 AM
Can we make a list of who is still going to Evans Head?

So far its

BOH
MOFO
DAVO??
LARGE??

14-09-2006, 11:45 AM
Why are you still going to Evan's Head?

If the fuggin morons had provided the correct information, at the right time, then the rest of us might still be going there too.

Large
14-09-2006, 02:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by BOHEMION

Can we make a list of who is still going to Evans Head?

So far its

BOH
MOFO
DAVO??
LARGE??

i'm in

unless i get a better offer:D

Large
14-09-2006, 02:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by chalk10

Why are you still going to Evan's Head?

If the fuggin morons had provided the correct information, at the right time, then the rest of us might still be going there too.

I'm going because I've heard the booze is good....

and if there's only 6 or 7 of us none of us will miss out on a prize[^]

14-09-2006, 03:08 PM
Chill the beer[:p]Mundy will be there[8D]

BOHEMION
14-09-2006, 03:41 PM
DAVO
MUNDY
JOE
BOH
LARGE
REXIE????

banditR1
14-09-2006, 06:40 PM
i hate this to be my 1st post---but hey whats happeninG? paid up and all i was going to come up all the way from victoria and was looking forward/excited to meet some streetfighter riders and show off my r1 project- argghhhhh
marisa

Iceman
14-09-2006, 07:34 PM
Never fear Marisa, we'll try to organise something in the near future for the victorians to catch up, maybe another ride day. Or if all else fails there's always the Melb Bike Expo.

ozkat
14-09-2006, 07:42 PM
im still going, i may even take my bike

God
14-09-2006, 08:48 PM
Hey BanditR1,

Whereabouts in Melbourne are you from? North, east, inner, etc?

banditR1
14-09-2006, 09:11 PM
beach side-- st kilda area

14-09-2006, 10:11 PM
Is there beaches in Victoria?
welcome to ASF mate

Slingblade
15-09-2006, 12:29 PM
Hey Mundy are you riding up or driving??

You gave me a dud mobile number! You could have just said you werent interested......... Actually its a nice change. It used to be chicks giving me dud numbers!

15-09-2006, 12:41 PM
I`m riding mate[8D]dont know when i`m leaving[^] u know where i work & with all those spare part #`s in my head i`m flat out remembering who I am;)

Slingblade
15-09-2006, 01:07 PM
No dramas. You got me thinkin about heading up now. You at work? Might drop in and have a yak about it. That sweet?

15-09-2006, 01:31 PM
quote:Originally posted by banditR1

beach side-- st kilda area

Lived in Waterloo Cr, StK (near the top of Barkly st) back around turn of the century, top place [:p]

The Greyhound was my local, and the StK Rd tram was my lift home when too pissed to walk up hill.

banditR1
15-09-2006, 01:38 PM
um so anyone else from melbourne going down-- i dont know anybody-- so would luv to meet ya up there 17hours drive--- arghh :([xx(]

Gix11
20-09-2006, 07:16 PM
Wow. I have missed a lot since the 10th of Sept haven't I? Had a few messages from Shayno and the guys down in Melbourne told me something but I was pissed. Anyway, I know the shit Stu has been through for all this and I also know this event is not written off. We can sort it for another date with a different approach. .........but later with that. As for this weekend I'll be there for sure. After riding back from Melbourne Evans Head is a trip to the shops. The bike will probably still be fucked from the GP but it will be there. I also Know Supercharger is coming down and Terry has a meeting down there as well. We will try and organise a mini Fools Run with a ride thrown in if your keen as the local roads are great.
Marisa, if you are keen on coming up shout out as I think if you pass through a few towns you might pick up some more interest. Hooligan said he was still coming and he's down in Victoria right now as far as I know. I'll check that other topic I just saw.