PDA

View Full Version : new ZED THOU

crazymofo
31-08-2006, 08:39 PM
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/22august06_z1000.htm

im not to fussed on it.. too busy for me.

cheers.joe.

AgentOrange
31-08-2006, 08:48 PM
is that legit or another photochop?
Looks ok, but as a current model Z owner I'd have to say that the 03-06 one is nicer. Hopefully the front forks have rebound and damping adjustment on both sides.. that would be nice, if they've taken them from the ZX6R it should be a big improvement.

alfiestorm
01-09-2006, 12:16 AM
If that is real the first thing to be chopped off is going to be those pig ugly exhausts [V]

Matt
01-09-2006, 06:01 AM
quote:Originally posted by AgentOrange

is that legit or another photochop?
Looks ok, but as a current model Z owner I'd have to say that the 03-06 one is nicer. Hopefully the front forks have rebound and damping adjustment on both sides.. that would be nice, if they've taken them from the ZX6R it should be a big improvement.

Are you happy with yours mate? I'm thinking of buying one....

01-09-2006, 10:32 AM
Foxy has one as well crash, seemed pretty happy with it on the Fool's run

Foxy
01-09-2006, 12:50 PM
Fuck yeah, I like mine a lot, not sure on the new styling of the new one, but like most things I guess it will grow on me.

I was trying to think of anything legitimate that I don't like about my Z, but I honestly cant. I did used to hate the aggressive angle of the riding position, if you sit on one long enough at a set of lights you'll know what I mean, it tends to slide you down the seat and plant your balls up against the tank. But once you work out a comfortable way to prevent that from happening I find it quite comfy.

Matt
01-09-2006, 01:31 PM
quote:Originally posted by Foxy

Fuck yeah, I like mine a lot, not sure on the new styling of the new one, but like most things I guess it will grow on me.

I was trying to think of anything legitimate that I don't like about my Z, but I honestly cant. I did used to hate the aggressive angle of the riding position, if you sit on one long enough at a set of lights you'll know what I mean, it tends to slide you down the seat and plant your balls up against the tank. But once you work out a comfortable way to prevent that from happening I find it quite comfy.

Hmmm.... I think you may have me convinced ;)

clairebear
01-09-2006, 02:56 PM
i like mine, its no R1, but with some tailpipes it goes and sounds much better.
i dont have balls as such, so dont encounter foxy's problem. with my ixil pipes, we had to widen the footpegs, so the seating seems more sort of out there and cruisy. if ya know what i mean...get one, as they are cheap as chips these days into the bargain!

gibbo
01-09-2006, 09:51 PM
FOXY, where you been[?]

Matt
02-09-2006, 07:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by clairebear

i like mine, its no R1, but with some tailpipes it goes and sounds much better.
i dont have balls as such, so dont encounter foxy's problem. with my ixil pipes, we had to widen the footpegs, so the seating seems more sort of out there and cruisy. if ya know what i mean...get one, as they are cheap as chips these days into the bargain!

Yeaht they are certainly cheap at the moment. Doe sanyone know of any websites that sell exhausts for them? Those gold buggers would have to go for something louder.....

Foxy
02-09-2006, 09:53 AM
Hey Gibbo, Im still around, haven't been of the best health is all.

02-09-2006, 09:58 AM
Yeah? What's up mate? too many hangovers?

You coming to straightliners Foxy? Gibbo?

AgentOrange
02-09-2006, 05:49 PM
yeah I love mine... It's not as fast as a sportsbike when you get to the top of the higher gears, but off the lights it does quite well and will keep up with most of the new litre class sportsbikes. It's still really quick and great fun to ride. It attracts plenty of attention and I don't think there's been one ride yet where someone hasn't commented on it or acknowledged it in some way. If you're used to a sportsbike, you may not like the suspension very much, but I've heard that a simple swap to a ZX6R rear shock is about an 80% improvement and ZX6R forks bring it up to par with the best of them.

The aggressive seating position isn't too bad... emergency braking can make you infertile, but other than that you get used to it. It gets really windy on the motorways due to lack of wind protection (but you are on a streetfighter forum) and you get used to that as well.

Overall I think it's the best all-rounder I've owned. Chews a bit of fuel though. I get 150 to a tank.

BOHEMION
02-09-2006, 05:56 PM
The Z Rocks!!! I get 220 to a tank love everything about it accept the shockies

gibbo
02-09-2006, 07:12 PM
Good to see you back Foxy, nothing too serious I hope?
Chalky- straightliners is out for me I'm afraid, just started working for myself so can't afford the time off so close to the GP for which I'm already takin time off.

Matt
04-09-2006, 06:39 AM
Thanks guys, I bit the bullet and bought one! :D
I should hopefully pick it up this arvo. Can't wait!!!!!

04-09-2006, 01:33 PM
Ya don't muck about do ya crash! Enjoy mate

Matt
05-09-2006, 06:34 AM
well it is home already and I love it. Feels very different to the R1 but much more user freindly. Needs pipe, filter and power commander and I think it will be a really fun bike. I'll get a pic up as soon as the sun is up and the clouds bugger off!

Foxy
05-09-2006, 11:11 AM
quote:Originally posted by gibbo

Good to see you back Foxy, nothing too serious I hope?
Chalky- straightliners is out for me I'm afraid, just started working for myself so can't afford the time off so close to the GP for which I'm already takin time off.

Nah nothing too serious, just lost a bit of energy/mobility, i'm back on my feet now, just not quite running on all four cylinders atm.

Well done crash, i agree with you on the pipes/air filter etc.