PDA

View Full Version : GSXR750K at Fowles Auctions BRISBANE

Hillsy
11-08-2006, 01:12 PM
Here's a link:

http://www.fowles.com.au/auctions/lot.aspx?Auction=DQM19&Number=1983293

"Personal Import" - looks in pretty good nick / intact. This bike is over 15 years old so can be RWC'd and taken straight to Rego (no $330 Write-off inspection needed)

Matt
11-08-2006, 04:44 PM
I think I might head down there monday to check them out, There are a few interesting ones on the list....

Matt
14-08-2006, 04:14 PM
I went and had a look. The gsxr looks like a perfect project bike. all pretty neat and tidy, fuck all damage. Rear shock feels like a kids trampoline though. I don't know why people let them get that bad????? Must be a pig to ride. Plenty of other stuff to play with too. Couple of busa's, a zx12, an almost perfect ZRX1200 and a few descent looking 600's. Definately the place to look if you wanted a cheap track bike!

Hillsy
15-08-2006, 01:45 PM
quote:Originally posted by r1crashtestdummy

I went and had a look. The gsxr looks like a perfect project bike. all pretty neat and tidy, fuck all damage. Rear shock feels like a kids trampoline though. I don't know why people let them get that bad????? Must be a pig to ride. Plenty of other stuff to play with too. Couple of busa's, a zx12, an almost perfect ZRX1200 and a few descent looking 600's. Definately the place to look if you wanted a cheap track bike!

Did you go to the auction? Buy anything?

Matt
15-08-2006, 06:19 PM
Nah mate had a big job going out today so i got stuck here getting it ready. Next damaged auction is in a month. Might check that one out if I haven't bought something before then. I'm realy curious to see what sort of money the bikes go for. Might be some bargains to be had.....

abusa
15-08-2006, 09:42 PM
I was told the Gixxer went for $1950, probably owe you about $2200 by the time you put it on a trailer

Shayne

Hillsy
15-08-2006, 09:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by r1crashtestdummy

Nah mate had a big job going out today so i got stuck here getting it ready. Next damaged auction is in a month. Might check that one out if I haven't bought something before then. I'm realy curious to see what sort of money the bikes go for. Might be some bargains to be had.....

I picked up my ZX9 for a shade under $2K from the auctions. Spent about the same again to get it straightened / back on the road so there are bargains there if it's the right day / you're prepared to wait, etc. I think it took me 5 auctions to snare this one (I was in no rush), and I noticed that the ZX9's generally don't seem to go for stupid money like the R1's and Busa's - so that was what I waited for.

Matt
16-08-2006, 06:08 PM
Sounds like a bargain Hillsy

TurboKat
16-08-2006, 09:40 PM
quote:I picked up my ZX9 for a shade under $2K from the auctions. and I noticed that the ZX9's generally don't seem to go for stupid money like the R1's and Busa's

That's why I've always considered the ZX9 to be "The Thinking Mans Sportsbike" :D It's a lot nicer ROAD bike that the R1, etc.
They're a couple of kilos heavier & couple of HP less than the R1 & Gixers of the same years but it makes 'em better behaved than the others IMHO.
Unfortunately, people get blinded by figures & have to have the lightest & most powerful bike they can get - these are the guys I love riding around the outside of. [}:)]