PDA

View Full Version : GSXR 1000k4 top yoke wanted.

sickboy
10-07-2006, 05:33 AM
Greetings ,I am after a top triple clamp for a GSXR1000k4 suzuki, I have every thing needed to do a front end swap to my SV1000 except the top clamp, I know there are some aftermarket ones out there and look OK but I would prefer a standard one if possible ,Cheers, and what an awesome site you guys have here .

Razorback
10-07-2006, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the kind words Sickboy, I know Gix will appreciate it... he works hard on this baby!

Welcome and hurry up with some pics of your SV, it sounds like a mean machine with a GSXR front end (Imho the stock SV forks are lame anyway) so good choice of mods man.

As for where to get em, I guess unless someone responds (which is unlikely with such a new bike) Id say youll have to do the ring around of wreckers. Im assumuing your gonna go with the GSXR clipons ?

sickboy
10-07-2006, 02:23 PM
I thought I would ask around here first seeing as there are so many modified bikes here on the off chance someone might know someone with a bent gixer liying around,I have seen some Tclamps with the gsxr logo machined on to them and others with holes machined through them,Iwould like to use the standard SV handle bar set up if possible witch will mean drilling the top clamp, might have to do the ring around the wreckers if all else fails or I might have to go for on of those sexy ABM numbers , I would still have to modify or bodge some way of mounting the instruments also............

Razorback
10-07-2006, 04:28 PM
Yeah front end work always seems to get more and more complicated as you go Ive found. Im sure Stu could fix you up with an aftermarket one in any case. http://www.austreetfighter.com.au If you dont see what you want just ring him.