PDA

View Full Version : 1400 and Busa news.

suxukifreak
22-06-2006, 08:44 PM
Found this on the 1400 site.....

So - talking with a man who wears a Suzuki uniform, he thinks the word on Suzuki Street goes like this ..
The replacement for the 1400 is due for release in September. The new Hayabusa is also scheduled for release in September. The bikes share the same 1300cc engine, the busa engine tuned for power at the top, the naked (GSX1300?) being for mid range. The 1300 naked will not be called a B-King.
Maybe cynical related stuff ...
The 'official' juice for the 1400 being discontinued is still emissions - but on the opposing page of the latest Suzuki news announcing that 'fact' it also states that the Bandit (also oil cooled bla bla isn't it?) will carry on! In fact Suzuki have invested in the Bandit with its ABS braking it is still priced 'attractively' vs. the 14! …. reflecting the real truth - the 1200 sells in volume (it’s a cost curve issue so don’t lie to us please), whilst the 1400 in relative terms, doesn’t sell in volume. The Bandit sells in the USA, the 1400 has never even been sold there! Interesting to see the GSX1400 and the Busa1300 now take low page space in the recent all products brochure whilst the V-Strom (which will continue) comes out of the shadows and wins more glossy paper space.

Razorback
23-06-2006, 11:08 AM
They have already screwed the bandit up anyway so..... hard to care...

I remain convinced Suzuki peaked with its current bike designs around 02/03 and I havnt seen anything to change my mind. The 06 GSXR1000 is a fuggin monstrosity.

fimpBIKES
23-06-2006, 12:27 PM
but come on razor, the GSR is HOTTTT

23-06-2006, 12:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

but come on razor, the GSR is HOTTTT

yeah!! if you like piddly little 600's

So you would like it Fimp [8D]

Razorback
23-06-2006, 05:22 PM
Id have a GSVR [8D]

http://svenonline.ag.vu/GSVR.jpg

Tony Nitrous
23-06-2006, 05:38 PM
How many Rumours and leaked storys do you want ?
I seem to find one on every site,
6-cylinder Busa ? New B-King ? etc etc.

Only thing im sure of is Suzuki seriously need to
update or release a new model.

I like the Bandits, but how long do you think Suzuki will
have a "carb'd" bike in their range, it wont pass the next
level immission laws and I cant see them Injecting an oilcooled
GSF/GSXR motor thats already been dropped from most of their bikes.

I like the 14's too, but not sure haveing lots of grunt low
down makes for its weight / handling / lack of horsepower / top-end.
(calm dowmn Dez, just an opinion ;) You know I like them)

Busa's always been a favorite of mine (why I bought one)
Its so good its been King-Of-The-Hill for 7 years. Busa has always
been a "Flagship" show-piece for Suzuki but with new BMW's and ZX14R's
being released its in danger of being an also-ran.
(Its basicly a restricted version of a '99 model with new paint)
And where's my BLOODY B-King :(

Any of the above make great bikes (and Great "Fighters")
I had a Bandit for 6 years and had a Busa for 2,
but as new bikes they need something better to tempt the public.

Suzuki make 6 pot brakes, USD fronts, Alloy frames,
160 bhp motors, and naked bikes.
They just need to do it all in one package. [8D]

Here endeth the rant for today [:o)]

Antony.

pt
23-06-2006, 09:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by Razorback

Id have a GSVR [8D]

http://svenonline.ag.vu/GSVR.jpg

me too if they found the 700 million electrical gremlins hiding in the kilometres and kilometres of technology they dumped into that thing[xx(]thank goodness most of them have disappeared and they nearly got on the podium in catalunya[:p]

speeddemon
26-06-2006, 05:45 PM
So Tony, as if it wont come with efi as the 1400 throttle bodies bolt on! add one knock sensor and the rest is easy. As the fazer is efi I wouldnt be suprised if teh bandit gets it soon.

I dont care how bad they fuck it up - just give me a efi engine for my supercharged bandit later down the track thanks!.

Tony Nitrous
26-06-2006, 06:02 PM
quote:Originally posted by speeddemon

So Tony, as if it wont come with efi as the 1400 throttle bodies bolt on! add one knock sensor and the rest is easy. As the fazer is efi I wouldnt be suprised if teh bandit gets it soon.

Yeah, wouldnt be hard to inject it, but there's more to getting it through the latest immission reg's than that. Bandits exhaust, induction noise/airbox, as well as the carbs, etc were never designed to meet the next generation of regs. However much I love the old B12's I can't see Suzuki throwing money at something that has cheap nasty suspension and a steel tube frame when you look at its competition? The new Fazer/FZ1 for example. Look at almost everyother bike in the Suzuki range, If the Bandit was to be injected I would have expected to have seen it by now? New Bandits in the shops now (so not due for another upgrade for a couple of years), and still no USD's or injection.

I have been wrong before though ;)

Tony.J.

ozkat
26-06-2006, 06:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by Tony Nitrous

quote:Originally posted by speeddemon

Yeah, wouldnt be hard to inject it, but there's more to getting it through the latest immission reg's than that. Bandits exhaust, induction noise/airbox, as well as the carbs, etc were never designed to meet the next generation of regs. However much I love the old B12's I can't see Suzuki throwing money at something that has cheap nasty suspension and a steel tube frame when you look at its competition? The new Fazer/FZ1 for example. Look at almost everyother bike in the Suzuki range, If the Bandit was to be injected I would have expected to have seen it by now?

I have been wrong before though ;)

Tony.J.

I thought i was wrong once but i was mistaken [8D]

Stocky
27-06-2006, 07:24 AM
So the 1400 injection bolts straight on a Bandit ?

What size are the throttle bodies ?

suxukifreak
27-06-2006, 03:47 PM
34mm

KRASH
27-06-2006, 05:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by Stocky

So the 1400 injection bolts straight on a Bandit ?

What size are the throttle bodies ?

I KNOW WHAT YOUR THINKING (insert mad scientist laughter):D

Tony Nitrous
27-06-2006, 06:25 PM
Busa... 46mm ?