PDA

View Full Version : Trick Framed TLS

Gix11
16-05-2007, 04:35 AM
Got this one from Dylan in the UK. Not a great deal of info other than this: "Pest chassis,tuned TLS lump, Ohlins fr n r. "

A picture says a thousand words though:

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/images/gallery/suz/Dylan_TLS/TLS.jpg

Bremo
16-05-2007, 05:36 AM
That is a very good looking TL for sure!

Hillsy
16-05-2007, 09:26 AM
Those perimeter discs do look sexy - must be tricky changing tyres though...

BANDITROD
16-05-2007, 09:46 AM
what is that tail section off[?] it looks super cool. fuck they have done a bit of work to the bitch

WATEVR
16-05-2007, 09:51 AM
tail section is mv augusta i reckon and that is one of the best tls i have seen

shift1313
16-05-2007, 11:32 AM
that thing looks sick! and yes the tail is mv agusta. I wish there was a pic from the other side. Id like to see that swing arm.

Iceman
16-05-2007, 11:52 AM
Looks pretty trick.

Wazid
16-05-2007, 05:12 PM
Noice love that frame.

FIGHTERMC
16-05-2007, 07:42 PM
Was that not in streetfighter mag last year? cos i deffo
have seen it before.

jose
16-05-2007, 11:01 PM
gotta love zorstec, www.zorstec.com
:D

HueyonaBlade
17-05-2007, 11:46 PM
Lattice frames are sweet , top set up allround actually , maybe if it were mine though , I would loose the original front faairings its a little bulky

Gix11
18-05-2007, 02:05 AM
Here's a couple more from Dylan:

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/images/gallery/suz/Dylan_TLS/DSC00029.jpg

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/images/gallery/suz/Dylan_TLS/DSC00039.jpg

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/images/gallery/suz/Dylan_TLS/1.jpg

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/images/gallery/suz/Dylan_TLS/TLS.jpg

shift1313
18-05-2007, 02:35 AM
i love that swingarm and love the brakes up front. the whole bike is sweet. one thing thats kinda weird is the rear shock angle

stinkenbom
18-05-2007, 03:09 AM
Hi guys, my first post here. Firstly thanx to GIX for sorting the pics and stuff. Have gotta say i didnt build the bike,just own it.
The guy who conceived it and built it goes by the name of Tony Steele so all credit to him.Im just the jammy skint git who gets to thrash the gas flowed shit out of it.
The frame and swingarm were made in the UK by Polygon engineering along with the yokes and modded subframe. The rear suspension set up is based on a 916 arrangment,and believe me it works heaps better than the original.Check out the exhaust tho, Andy @ zorstec created another masterpeice with this 2" bore beauty.The list goes on.Am pleased u guys like it,i love it and tommorrow and all weekend its getting nailed all over Yorkshire without the baffles in.
Cheers
Dyl

hmmmnz
18-05-2007, 08:32 AM
man i bet that thing stops on a dime, wicked set up :D
i think a black frame would be cooler but then people probably wouldnt notice it as much :D

Gix11
19-05-2007, 03:57 AM
Hey Dylan, are Polygon still trading and if so where are they now? I'm in the UK at the moment and wouldn't mind dropping in.

exile
19-05-2007, 06:39 AM
Gix, theres still at the same address in Gloucester, just changed names ......again !!!!

stinkenbom
19-05-2007, 07:01 AM
Yeah you may still be able to get hold of them,dont know what name their trading by now.They like a drink apparently so any pub near the shop may have them lurking and belching inside.
Stink

stinkenbom
19-05-2007, 07:10 AM
Gix, just found their "old" address,180 southgate street Gloucester GL1 2EZ. Tel,01452 380883
Dunno if these still correct but its all i got and they used to have a website too but that dried up. Good luck

stinkenbom
19-05-2007, 07:32 AM
Whilst im tapping away i`ll share my thoughts with ya`s regarding plans for TL. The fairing will be removed and im thinking a nice lil single h`light probably round and chrome! The plastic hides way too much quality engineering,tis a shame and it will be on show.
The frame and arm need coating again but this time in black cos thats the only colour innit?[B)] Mebbe get the arm annodised{is that a good idea? is it durable enuf?} woudlnt mind some crash bungs knockin up too,gotta also sort the rear m`cylinder cos its spaced:) out too much an will swap it for a mx type.Few more HP would be nice too.
Stink

exile
19-05-2007, 07:50 AM
Nickel plate or chrome the frame and subby to show it off fella.....[8D][8D]I kinda like the fairing/bodywork set up and think the frame coating would be sufficient yet radical change . I had work done by PEST back in 2005 with mixed emotions [V] the welding/fabrication skills are good but a little more thought and less Stella Artois would of made it quality:(They had my bike for 7 fucking months without touching it and then rushed the finish inside 2 weeks coz i said i was'nt gonna pay'um:(I wouldnt give Roy or Mark Dainty the steam off my piss, but Mark Robinson would have my dollar day in day out, and good luck to him in his solo venture

stinkenbom
19-05-2007, 08:10 AM
Too bad mate.Have heard a few similar tales people pissed off with em,am geussing my mate Tony landed lucky wi TL! I do like the triumph triple they done in a similar frame,i seen it for sale recently and it werent going for that much,3k ish!
Nickel plate is nice,could be the way to go,is it poss to nickle plate the arm? dont like polishing.
Have you a contact no for Robbo?
Cheers

exile
19-05-2007, 10:26 AM
He's gone on his own but still does work for PEST or what ever they're called this week. He had a feature in the SF mag last year with a yellow 80's vibe turbo Kwaka and his number was on that m8 ok

Gix11
19-05-2007, 02:10 PM
His name is Mark Robbins and he was polygon engineering long before the whole pest thing. I've known him since he used to hang around in the Cheltenham pubs in the 80s. If you can tlel me where he is I'd be glad to catch up with him again.

shift1313
20-05-2007, 09:08 AM
annodizing is very durable as its just color corroding the surface. That way if its scratched only color will show through. I cant tell from the pic but is the SSSA aluminum? The welds on the frame lead me to believe its steel. mig welded at that

stinkenbom
21-05-2007, 02:24 AM
Ay Up Shift, ur bang on.Chromoly frame migged and ally arm.
Welds could be neater tho,hic.
Gix, Mr Robbins apparently still does a bit for `PesT` inbetween swelling his yacht fund on the housing market.Try askig at the shop.
Anyway,was up at 5am this morning for a 6am start.Me n Tony on his KTM an TL,nailed over north yorks flat out when poss take no prisnors am comin thru see ya breaky in whitby over 200miles an 3 tanks o super later watched motoGP live in Bradford.My kinda sunday.