PDA

View Full Version : Any opinions on this one welcome

Razorback
13-06-2006, 03:06 PM
http://motorcycledisposals.com.au/Pages/Bikes/100R%20GSXR1000.htm

Well Im giving serious consideration to this one. Now the Bandit is all but done Im already looking for the next project and I have had my heart set on fightering a gixxer 1000 since I sold my 02

I have spoken to the guy about this one. He maintains the frame is 99.99% sound but hasnt been tested. The bike was slid and ran into the armco so its unlikely the forks or frame were hit hard enough to do major damage.

If anyone has any further thoughts about what might be involved in getting this one on the road as a fighter Id really appreciate hearing them.

Cheers

03gixxerpilot
13-06-2006, 04:40 PM
are you looking at puting it back on the road

speeddemon
13-06-2006, 07:43 PM
Just remeber when those frames have dents in em there value should be way less than just a scratched one. Looks like a goo dent to me.

So when is a bandit finished - come on - spondon frame etc..... the list is endless. keep working at it.

Razorback
13-06-2006, 08:20 PM
Yeah the frame really worries me... and not being able to see the thing in the flesh worries me even more. I think I can probably do better....Stared at the pic for another 10 minutes and just noticed one of the calipers is broken off the fork leg too...[xx(]

TurboKat
13-06-2006, 08:33 PM
That gouge in the frame means it'll be a stat. write off, unable to be re registered in any state, only good for parts or racebike.

fimpBIKES
13-06-2006, 08:57 PM
i agree turbo, that frame i fuckt

whats with all the cbr1000rr's on the motorcycle disposals site???

Booster
13-06-2006, 09:11 PM
Check out the Melbourne Trading post , one there for 3.5k have to be negotiable though as there's a fair bit of damage ,
Allow for the VIV when working out costs,and keep all reciepts from the rebuuilt for the VIV .
The red tape is beginning to make things a bugger to re register.

throttlejockey
13-06-2006, 10:00 PM
hey hey razor,
i have previously purchased a bike from these guys.

soem thigs to remeomeber:
1_ the frame has a good DENT. very hard to repair.
2_ lots of csmetic damage. fine as long as your prepared to wait for the right bits for the right price via various forums or eBay.
3_ if you do put a tender in on any bike, DO NOT believe when they say that some-one has just put in a tender for $XX amount, upping the price.

having said all that, when i have dealt with them in the past, they have been honest & as accurate as possible as assessors.

the last gsxr i bought from them i got for $9k. a bloddy steal consideing the model & age, which cost under $400 to get back on the road.

good luck
R

Hillsy
14-06-2006, 10:29 AM
My 2 cents worth....If you look at the photo down the bottom of the page with the tank and instruments, it's got a repairable write-off sticker on it, which means it can be re-registered (the stat write-off stickers are red).

You might want to check out Fowles Auctions:

http://www.fowles.com.au

They have auctions every month in SYD /BRIS / MELB. I am assuming this is where this one has come from. I've seen these go for around $5/6 K at the Bris auctions, depending the condition, time, idiots present, etc (this has been discussed here before)

I don't know about this disposals mob, but if they let you start the bike and hear it running that will be a plus (Fowles don't do that).

Razorback
14-06-2006, 02:38 PM
Thanks guys... I spoke to them on the phone... they do seem ok and others on this site have bought from them and not whined so Im not having a drama trusting them. The guy did say he thought the frame was straight but that it would be hard to properly repair that ding and that it would be better to get it all pulled down and tested... which is more trouble than Im looking for.

Cheers for the links and advice... the search continues....

Hillsy
14-06-2006, 04:22 PM
I doubt the frame on that one would be straight. I bought a ZX9 with a slightly twisted sub-frame from a rear end shunt that needed the main frame straightened too (only slightly). It doesn't take much to get them out of whack apparently.
Anyway, it only cost $400 to straighten both frame and sub, true the discs and replace the front wheel bearings. For that money, you'd probably want to get it done anyway for peace of mind.

tlr2nv
14-06-2006, 09:27 PM
I'd say get it.

Who cares what the others say.

Bike looks like a repairable write-off to me. :)