PDA

View Full Version : dum question re fuel injection

clairebear
22-05-2006, 01:24 PM
Hello again.
Apparenly my 2004 z1000 with 22k odd on the clock
"stops" at about 120k's an hour, so stops running for an instant.
Being big fat and up the duff I cant test it myself to give you much more info, however Mr Bear has it today and may try it out.
I recently fitted new tailpipes, and admit i have not been able to really give it a good push owing to current up duff predicament.
Do we think with this scant info:
a: fuckd up injectors
b: better remap after new pipes (i was assured not)
c: crap fuel
will try to give more info tomorrow[^]

willow
22-05-2006, 02:26 PM
hiya clairbear. Thanx for the post to my z750 nightmare, hell bastard thing.
I have heard about some zed injector systems having probs with the sensors. If this is the case i would check for a loose one or something like that. A problematic sensor will cut engine completely, momentarily. Only a suggestion.
Hope this helps.

willow
22-05-2006, 02:26 PM
hiya clairbear. Thanx for the post to my z750 nightmare, hell bastard thing.
I have heard about some zed injector systems having probs with the sensors. If this is the case i would check for a loose one or something like that. A problematic sensor will cut engine completely, momentarily. Only a suggestion.
Hope this helps.

clairebear
22-05-2006, 02:41 PM
groovy, thanks!

clairebear
22-05-2006, 02:41 PM
groovy, thanks!

suxukifreak
22-05-2006, 03:43 PM
"stops" at about 120k's an hour.....change into 2nd [^]

suxukifreak
22-05-2006, 03:43 PM
"stops" at about 120k's an hour.....change into 2nd [^]

Captaintoc
22-05-2006, 04:30 PM
Umm did you change the whole pipe or just the end cans?

Cause it might have a sensor in the exhuast that is now missing (o2 sensor) but then again I don't know if it even had one.

As I've never had a good look at em to know for sure.

Have Fun
Andrew

Captaintoc
22-05-2006, 04:30 PM
Umm did you change the whole pipe or just the end cans?

Cause it might have a sensor in the exhuast that is now missing (o2 sensor) but then again I don't know if it even had one.

As I've never had a good look at em to know for sure.

Have Fun
Andrew

22-05-2006, 05:05 PM
yeah shit claire(you ditzy blonde)that sure is a dumb question,but unfortunately im fresh out of dumb answers.
crap fuel wont make it stop completely(all four cylinders) it will just coff and spit until it gets some fresh octane.im no expert on EFI motors but this sounds like electrical [probs for sure.Wuillow seems to be on the right track.
mwa

22-05-2006, 05:05 PM
yeah shit claire(you ditzy blonde)that sure is a dumb question,but unfortunately im fresh out of dumb answers.
crap fuel wont make it stop completely(all four cylinders) it will just coff and spit until it gets some fresh octane.im no expert on EFI motors but this sounds like electrical [probs for sure.Wuillow seems to be on the right track.
mwa

fimpBIKES
22-05-2006, 07:08 PM
i think mr rossi might be asking the same question claire :D

fimpBIKES
22-05-2006, 07:08 PM
i think mr rossi might be asking the same question claire :D

BOHEMION
22-05-2006, 07:33 PM
Take it in for a dyno test Clair, Ive actually heard that shit Spark plugs or broken spark plugs can cause this, Its weird though. Also check ya fuel filter/lines. Is it making any funny noises when you start it up?

BOHEMION
22-05-2006, 07:33 PM
Take it in for a dyno test Clair, Ive actually heard that shit Spark plugs or broken spark plugs can cause this, Its weird though. Also check ya fuel filter/lines. Is it making any funny noises when you start it up?

hooligan
23-05-2006, 03:38 AM
Stop riding like a girl (there's a dumb answer for ya).

hooligan
23-05-2006, 03:38 AM
Stop riding like a girl (there's a dumb answer for ya).

clairebear
23-05-2006, 08:40 AM
yer, thanks all. ('cept hooligan 'n' davo of course)
Mr Bear said he just gave it a handful and it seemed to get over it.
it pretty much does nothing all the time right now, so prolly sulking. its agony letting someone else take it out just to tick it over once in a while.
as soon as I can I will get on and have a go, and maybe do that dyno thing and some irridium plugs. i know a bloke that put a whole akropovic system on and he said you didnt have to change nuffink, tho he also put a engine management system thingy on too... only 15 weeks to go, then a couple of weeks to recover, and i'm back! yee har.

clairebear
23-05-2006, 08:40 AM
yer, thanks all. ('cept hooligan 'n' davo of course)
Mr Bear said he just gave it a handful and it seemed to get over it.
it pretty much does nothing all the time right now, so prolly sulking. its agony letting someone else take it out just to tick it over once in a while.
as soon as I can I will get on and have a go, and maybe do that dyno thing and some irridium plugs. i know a bloke that put a whole akropovic system on and he said you didnt have to change nuffink, tho he also put a engine management system thingy on too... only 15 weeks to go, then a couple of weeks to recover, and i'm back! yee har.

BOHEMION
23-05-2006, 11:21 AM
Hey Claire, yeah some times injectors can go 'Sticky' from not using turning over the engine id say once every 2 - 3 days turn her over lits it warm up till the temp gauge reads then use a mix of ide and rev her up 2000 rpm until about 60-65 Degs. let it idle down then shut her down when she hits about 75 degs. This will aslo give you a fresh battery in the next 19-20 weeks or so. will keep the motor fresh too. I am pretty sure its not a good idea to leave premium octane fuel setting in ther too.

BOHEMION
23-05-2006, 11:21 AM
Hey Claire, yeah some times injectors can go 'Sticky' from not using turning over the engine id say once every 2 - 3 days turn her over lits it warm up till the temp gauge reads then use a mix of ide and rev her up 2000 rpm until about 60-65 Degs. let it idle down then shut her down when she hits about 75 degs. This will aslo give you a fresh battery in the next 19-20 weeks or so. will keep the motor fresh too. I am pretty sure its not a good idea to leave premium octane fuel setting in ther too.

clairebear
23-05-2006, 02:25 PM
Boh, you are the best (well, second after me). simple and straightforward place to start.
I will do just that. thanks :-)

clairebear
23-05-2006, 02:25 PM
Boh, you are the best (well, second after me). simple and straightforward place to start.
I will do just that. thanks :-)

clairebear
23-05-2006, 03:40 PM
i just noticed my spelling of dum.
how dumb of me.

clairebear
23-05-2006, 03:40 PM
i just noticed my spelling of dum.
how dumb of me.