PDA

View Full Version : 1 hour to go

suxukifreak
19-05-2006, 04:41 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Suzuki-GSX-R1100_W0QQitemZ4640169214QQcategoryZ102687QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem

Large
19-05-2006, 05:37 PM
I bid on it then I asked him if the moteur was any good and he replied...

The motor is reasonable for the k's. It does have a knock which goes away at revs and warm up (i.e. it's not big end bearings). I've been told this is a result of a warn cam chain tensioner and as such have fitted a manual tensioner. It reduced the problem, but I never got to tension it properly before the accident.

I've never done a compression test as my tester doesn't fit the small plug holes, but the bike still pulled hard.

It doesn't blow smoke and since I've had it I've done regular oil changes with good quality synthetic oil.

I rode a 96 with 19000 kms on the clock the other day and it was only marginally stronger then my engine.

Large
19-05-2006, 05:37 PM
I bid on it then I asked him if the moteur was any good and he replied...

The motor is reasonable for the k's. It does have a knock which goes away at revs and warm up (i.e. it's not big end bearings). I've been told this is a result of a warn cam chain tensioner and as such have fitted a manual tensioner. It reduced the problem, but I never got to tension it properly before the accident.

I've never done a compression test as my tester doesn't fit the small plug holes, but the bike still pulled hard.

It doesn't blow smoke and since I've had it I've done regular oil changes with good quality synthetic oil.

I rode a 96 with 19000 kms on the clock the other day and it was only marginally stronger then my engine.