PDA

View Full Version : SELL THIS FIGHTER THING TO ME

braaap
15-05-2006, 11:58 PM
ok guys i am looking for a new moto project am thinking about building a motard but keep being drawn to this streetfighter thing so i have some questions before i fill me shed with more expensive usless looking time consuming things bits of paraphenallia

1 what are desired suspention caractaistics for a fighter lots of people seem to be lengthening their swingarms, is this for more drive under power and how does it affect the overall agillity of the bike turning corners.

2 how light are some of these chopped down beasts getting with all of their plastic shit hacked off

i just want to smoke my mates KTM SM throught the adelaide hills where normal sportbikes find the tight corners slow them down to much.

joe.d
16-05-2006, 12:21 AM
the AMericans seem to be doing the swinging arm extentions ...to satisfy there need to drag race wether its on the street illegaly or on the track, I personly dont care for it much,

you can lose 20lbs losing the fairing, but it ist why people lose the fairing, I think its more that people wanna see the MOTOR...

Renthals on a slimmed down, GIxer 1k would give him a surprise, with the right Gearing.

joe.d
16-05-2006, 12:21 AM
the AMericans seem to be doing the swinging arm extentions ...to satisfy there need to drag race wether its on the street illegaly or on the track, I personly dont care for it much,

you can lose 20lbs losing the fairing, but it ist why people lose the fairing, I think its more that people wanna see the MOTOR...

Renthals on a slimmed down, GIxer 1k would give him a surprise, with the right Gearing.

TurboKat
16-05-2006, 12:32 AM
The only thing that will beat a Supermotard in tight twistys is another Motard.
If you are serious about getting one, make sure you're only gunna be riding tight stuff or commuting on it, they're not practical, they don't do any distance well & as soon as the road opens out, your Sportsbike mates will hose you.
Fuck, they're good fun though, this is how you'll look after riding one :D[:p]

TurboKat
16-05-2006, 12:32 AM
The only thing that will beat a Supermotard in tight twistys is another Motard.
If you are serious about getting one, make sure you're only gunna be riding tight stuff or commuting on it, they're not practical, they don't do any distance well & as soon as the road opens out, your Sportsbike mates will hose you.
Fuck, they're good fun though, this is how you'll look after riding one :D[:p]

Gix11
16-05-2006, 01:20 PM
Yea, the lengthening thing is for drag bikes mate. The yanks love it. Sure enough, some guys add extended swingarms like JMCs but they are adjustable. Take it back for the drags, bring it forward for the twisties. Most late model sports bikes are short enough now anyway, it's only the old school bikes that benifit from a shorter wheel base for faster handling. The longer swinger will make it harder to get around the corners mate. As for loosing the plastic, the only weight difference reallt comes from the front end fairing support brackets. They're pretty chunky. Once they're off and you add some flat bars so your weight isn't over the front so much you'll feel her getting much more flighty with the power on. Oh - Welcome aboard mate.

Gix11
16-05-2006, 01:20 PM
Yea, the lengthening thing is for drag bikes mate. The yanks love it. Sure enough, some guys add extended swingarms like JMCs but they are adjustable. Take it back for the drags, bring it forward for the twisties. Most late model sports bikes are short enough now anyway, it's only the old school bikes that benifit from a shorter wheel base for faster handling. The longer swinger will make it harder to get around the corners mate. As for loosing the plastic, the only weight difference reallt comes from the front end fairing support brackets. They're pretty chunky. Once they're off and you add some flat bars so your weight isn't over the front so much you'll feel her getting much more flighty with the power on. Oh - Welcome aboard mate.

16-05-2006, 08:28 PM
$8500

16-05-2006, 08:28 PM
$8500

devo
16-05-2006, 08:54 PM
Fuck Davo, You hit the nail on the head, summed it up better than
treasurer Costello.
Hey i,m a Male Lesbian to! and a Tri-sexual(Try anything once, if I
like it i'll try it again.)

devo
16-05-2006, 08:54 PM
Fuck Davo, You hit the nail on the head, summed it up better than
treasurer Costello.
Hey i,m a Male Lesbian to! and a Tri-sexual(Try anything once, if I
like it i'll try it again.)

hooligan
17-05-2006, 12:03 AM
I dunno about motards not doing distance, Turbo. GrampaMotard rode his KTM from sydney to the island and back last year ( and seemed to keep up with Chalky on our night time tour of Canberra).

hooligan
17-05-2006, 12:03 AM
I dunno about motards not doing distance, Turbo. GrampaMotard rode his KTM from sydney to the island and back last year ( and seemed to keep up with Chalky on our night time tour of Canberra).

willow
22-05-2006, 02:43 PM
Good luck smoking your mate's motard on tight and twistys on anything other than a motard.

willow
22-05-2006, 02:43 PM
Good luck smoking your mate's motard on tight and twistys on anything other than a motard.

clairebear
23-05-2006, 08:45 AM
yep, you'll never catch a good motard in the twisties...and they will do the miles if you've got the arse, however GrampaMotdard does seem to be constantly breaking bits due to flat out mode all the time.

clairebear
23-05-2006, 08:45 AM
yep, you'll never catch a good motard in the twisties...and they will do the miles if you've got the arse, however GrampaMotdard does seem to be constantly breaking bits due to flat out mode all the time.