PDA

View Full Version : Cheap projects!!!!

damo1
10-05-2007, 06:54 PM
Thought some of you guys may be looking for a cheap project;)

Seems to be some here.

http://www.motorcycledisposals.com.au/Gallery.htm

Booster
10-05-2007, 07:31 PM
Most of them i wouldn't consider cheap, only thing that looked priced near its value was the YZF1000, the auctions have better deals most times.or just buying a going bike after shopping around private sales like bikepoint.

Hillsy
10-05-2007, 09:07 PM
Price wise, these guys are more expensive than the auctions. If, however, you are able to hear the bikes running, or they aren't on the write-off register, then they'd be pretty good value. I doubt if that's the case, though.

damo1
10-05-2007, 09:12 PM
statatory wright off means never to be registered again.

repairable wright off means repair it and register.

Large
10-05-2007, 09:36 PM
Those guys buy their stock from the wreckers, add a grand or two then flog them off.

Better value to cut out the middleman

Cruisecontrol
10-05-2007, 09:42 PM
Not necessarily.

My last bike ended up there. The insurance company had it sent there straight from where I crashed it. They then assess the damage, decide what it is worth and then the insurance company instructs them as to their lowest price to sell it for in an attempt to recoup some costs.

dazz
11-05-2007, 09:08 AM
Motorcycle disposals are the wholesale outlet for the insurance companies such as Swann and QBE.

Any offer you make on the bike has to be submitted to the insurance company for assessment and approval.They recieve a fee from the purchaser for the sale and that is it.

Motorcycle Assessing is the main business and Motorcycle Disposals is the back door to M/C Assessing. No buying from wreckers and onselling but sometimes they will sell on consignment.

Hillsy
11-05-2007, 09:34 AM
Does anyone know if these guys will let you inspect / fire up the bikes before you buy?

damo1
11-05-2007, 11:24 AM
Cruze and Dazz are wright there sold on behalf of the insurance company:)

dazz
11-05-2007, 02:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by Hillsy

Does anyone know if these guys will let you inspect / fire up the bikes before you buy?

Inspections are welcome and if it will start they will start it but no test rides as they are all unreg'd due to writeoff status.

Lee is the guy that will show you the bikes but Dave is the owner, I have dealt with him for years and is a straight up guy (even for a kiwi) and it is custmoary to put shit on him for that fact;)

Large
11-05-2007, 05:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by dazz

Motorcycle disposals are the wholesale outlet for the insurance companies such as Swann and QBE.

Any offer you make on the bike has to be submitted to the insurance company for assessment and approval.They recieve a fee from the purchaser for the sale and that is it.

Motorcycle Assessing is the main business and Motorcycle Disposals is the back door to M/C Assessing. No buying from wreckers and onselling but sometimes they will sell on consignment.

Looks like I was misinformed[:I]

dazz
16-05-2007, 11:31 AM
quote:Originally posted by Large

Looks like I was misinformed[:I]

We will let this one slide but thats it for the year;)

HueyonaBlade
18-05-2007, 12:04 AM
Speaking of cheap projects , this mornings Trading Post in Melbourne had a 2001 R1 , 12,000 km's cosmetic damage only for $4,100

Large
28-09-2007, 10:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by dazz

Sorry to drag this old thread up again, but while I was at the mannheimfowles auction on tuesday, I saw this little bloke with a yellow "Motorcycle Disposals" shirt wandering around the place.

Today on the Motorcycledisposals website, I've just seen six of the bikes from the auctions are up for tender:)

chopaweeza
29-09-2007, 06:44 AM
Yeh, MC Disposals get most of their stock from the auctions now. Not just local but from Sydney & Brisbane too. Insurance companies now auction their stuff instead of dealing with them generally anymore.

fimpBIKES
30-09-2007, 12:31 AM
yeah, the tiller came from there and it cost a bit more then what Large was getting prices for stuff at the auctions

lying cunts, but at least they let me pull the bike apart as much as i wanted b4 i put down any cash