PDA

View Full Version : So a sad story...

Bejcar
12-05-2006, 01:31 PM
Okay, so I know the bike isn't really a streetfighter... okay actually it is no way near a streetfighter.

To make a long story short the girlfriends bike that she bought two years ago is stolen.

But before we find all this out we take the bike and get it painted and decaled. It's an '03 600RR (Called them a Fireblade in the UK I believe, don't know what they call them in OZ)

But we picked up the bike on the Monday from the decal place and had to strip the fairings off the bike and slap on race fairings in the decal shops parking lot before the cops came to pick up the bike. To make it all the better we couldn't ride it anywhere because legally she didn't own the bike and couldn't move it without throwing it in the back of the truck.

Fortunately for us, we got to keep the $2000 paint job and decals. Which is about the only good news in the whole situation. She on the other hand basically has to buy the bike from the insurance company at full market price, or may have some legal avenues. The guy who sold the bike is no where to be found and there is really no way that we can get any money back from insurance or anything. She's got the option to sue the guy for the price that she bought the bike for but they'd have to find him first, and he'd have to have money, and she's not the only one whose been effed over by this guy, he's a career criminal who has done this to over 300 people.

But damn... that bike looked great.

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/8500/front5ws.jpg

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/7162/side4nv.jpg

dRRew
12-05-2006, 03:14 PM
damn shame about all the drama mate. Fucken shits me hearing about this sorta thing... good luck with it all in the future mate. HOT AS decals and paint to, real top job.[8D]

dRRew
12-05-2006, 03:14 PM
damn shame about all the drama mate. Fucken shits me hearing about this sorta thing... good luck with it all in the future mate. HOT AS decals and paint to, real top job.[8D]

Gix11
12-05-2006, 04:18 PM
300m people! There's a system in place over here where you can do a check before buying a bike to make sure it's not stolen, but I'm buggered if I can remember what it's called. Lads & lasses, remind me please? Hang on, REVS check. That's it isn't it? (Can you tell I haven't bought a bike in a long time?)

Gix11
12-05-2006, 04:18 PM
300m people! There's a system in place over here where you can do a check before buying a bike to make sure it's not stolen, but I'm buggered if I can remember what it's called. Lads & lasses, remind me please? Hang on, REVS check. That's it isn't it? (Can you tell I haven't bought a bike in a long time?)

suxukifreak
12-05-2006, 04:37 PM
I think the revs check isnt a stolen vehicle check. When we bought the 300zx we did revs cause the compliance plate looked sus and asked if it was stolen and they couldnt tell us.

suxukifreak
12-05-2006, 04:37 PM
I think the revs check isnt a stolen vehicle check. When we bought the 300zx we did revs cause the compliance plate looked sus and asked if it was stolen and they couldnt tell us.

Gix11
12-05-2006, 04:41 PM
Must be something else then......... Someone will know.

Gix11
12-05-2006, 04:41 PM
Must be something else then......... Someone will know.

03gixxerpilot
12-05-2006, 05:12 PM
yep called the police!

03gixxerpilot
12-05-2006, 05:12 PM
yep called the police!

gibbo
12-05-2006, 05:34 PM
Purchase a Vehicle Information Package (VIP)
If you are planning to buy a second hand vehicle, a quick and easy way to obtain important information prior to purchase is to get a Vehicle Information Package (VIP).

A VIP is a package of information issued by VicRoads that provides vehicle buyers with a detailed record (excluding private information) about any Victorian registered vehicle, giving potential buyers peace of mind and enabling them to make an informed purchase decision. A VIP provides the latest information recorded on VicRoads systems including:
Written-off vehicle damage reported for the vehicle, including the date, type and severity of damage where applicable
Whether VicRoads has been notified that the vehicle is reported as being stolen
Whether the registration is current, expired, suspended or cancelled
The Vehicle Identification Number/chassis number and engine number
The make, body type and year of manufacture
The number of times the vehicle has been transferred, and the postcodes where it has been garaged within Victoria
Whether any financial institution, enforcement agency or individual has a registered security interest over the vehicle.

A VIP costs $23.10 per package.
Heard a story the other day about someone buying a car after doing all the checks but still lost it (and their money) when the cops came round and said it had been stolen and "rebirthed"

gibbo
Purchase a Vehicle Information Package (VIP)
If you are planning to buy a second hand vehicle, a quick and easy way to obtain important information prior to purchase is to get a Vehicle Information Package (VIP).

A VIP is a package of information issued by VicRoads that provides vehicle buyers with a detailed record (excluding private information) about any Victorian registered vehicle, giving potential buyers peace of mind and enabling them to make an informed purchase decision. A VIP provides the latest information recorded on VicRoads systems including:
Written-off vehicle damage reported for the vehicle, including the date, type and severity of damage where applicable
Whether VicRoads has been notified that the vehicle is reported as being stolen
Whether the registration is current, expired, suspended or cancelled
The Vehicle Identification Number/chassis number and engine number
The make, body type and year of manufacture
The number of times the vehicle has been transferred, and the postcodes where it has been garaged within Victoria
Whether any financial institution, enforcement agency or individual has a registered security interest over the vehicle.

A VIP costs $23.10 per package.
Heard a story the other day about someone buying a car after doing all the checks but still lost it (and their money) when the cops came round and said it had been stolen and "rebirthed"

sluglie
HPI check (aus, uk, america and a few other countries) will tell you the financial and legal history of the bike (as long as all parties involved keep up the papaerwork)

sluglie
HPI check (aus, uk, america and a few other countries) will tell you the financial and legal history of the bike (as long as all parties involved keep up the papaerwork)

fimpBIKES
12-05-2006, 07:02 PM
thats one HOTTT paint job though,
really shows off the sharp angles on the blade mate

fimpBIKES
12-05-2006, 07:02 PM
thats one HOTTT paint job though,
really shows off the sharp angles on the blade mate

Tone
12-05-2006, 08:37 PM
Are we talking about the pink and white bike here?
No offence but I'm thinking it looks a bit pale,girly and not finished.
Gix,I think the REVS check tells you if there is money owing on the vehicle,I'm not sure about its value as a check on if its stolen though.

Tone
12-05-2006, 08:37 PM
Are we talking about the pink and white bike here?
No offence but I'm thinking it looks a bit pale,girly and not finished.
Gix,I think the REVS check tells you if there is money owing on the vehicle,I'm not sure about its value as a check on if its stolen though.

Bejcar
13-05-2006, 12:39 AM
heh, it is my girlfriends bike, she took the stock 'tribal' decals and had them changed to a pale pink on the pearl white paint.

In Canada we are able to check the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) for liens, deeds and any outstanding debts.

What happened with this bike is that someone stole the bike, took the old VIN off, and replaced it with a different registerable one. However they didn't replace the engine number which is still tied to the original VIN number. My girlfriend went through every possible avenue to insure the bikes authenticity, and there was no other way to check it out. The detective that is handling the case even told her that there was nothing more she could do.

Unfortunately that's just the way it goes, however this whole story has been posted on a local forums board and they are looking at taking donations to aid her in getting her bike back.

You can read the whole story here:
http://www.edmontonsportriderz.com/forumvb/showthread.php?t=8681

Bejcar
13-05-2006, 12:39 AM
heh, it is my girlfriends bike, she took the stock 'tribal' decals and had them changed to a pale pink on the pearl white paint.

In Canada we are able to check the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) for liens, deeds and any outstanding debts.

What happened with this bike is that someone stole the bike, took the old VIN off, and replaced it with a different registerable one. However they didn't replace the engine number which is still tied to the original VIN number. My girlfriend went through every possible avenue to insure the bikes authenticity, and there was no other way to check it out. The detective that is handling the case even told her that there was nothing more she could do.

Unfortunately that's just the way it goes, however this whole story has been posted on a local forums board and they are looking at taking donations to aid her in getting her bike back.

You can read the whole story here:
http://www.edmontonsportriderz.com/forumvb/showthread.php?t=8681

23-05-2006, 10:56 AM
[quote]Originally posted by Bejcar

looks kinda blah
take damn plastic off

23-05-2006, 10:56 AM
[quote]Originally posted by Bejcar

looks kinda blah
take damn plastic off

pesh
24-05-2006, 09:53 PM