PDA

View Full Version : How would you like a bike built for free?

chopaweeza
09-05-2007, 07:47 PM
A suggestion thats been put forward by several people recently for next years Chopper Underground Bike Build Off is for me to Build a bike for someone and hand it over to them at the end. Having given it some thought I think it might be a good idea .
Here's roughly how it will go:

Hold like an interview(via email I guess) process where people send in designs going from now til the end of June.
Any type of bike frame/engine but remember , I won't start something I can't build in 3 months and no it doesn't have to be a chopper
I talk to each of the people sending in the design about different aspects.
The successful design gets built for The Chopper Underground 2008 Build Off Pro Class
The successful boy/girl provides me with the running donor.
The successful boy/girl pays for all the parts, materials and things like that
The successful boy/girl pays for a decent paintjob
The successful boy/girl doesn't pay for my time(ie. they get free labour)but has the cash to pay for the materials used
A month after the end of the Buildoff they receive there new bike regardless of the contest result
If by some chance it wins , I keep the trophy

Now you've all seen what I did with the last one but just in case you didn't have a look at these folders . Go to the end if you want to see what the bike ended up like.
http://www.choppersaustralia.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=39&sid=96f8cc2d2515159315bec0034e2d83ce

The biggest challenge will be finding someone reliable, with the money to make it happen , innovative ideas, a great design and a real passion for their dream to be built.Already Pin Striping Guru Neo Dutch has offered to lay some stripes on the bike thats built and if anyone else that provides goods or services to the motorcycle community would like to step up as well it's a great way to showcase your business

It's one hell of a great offer for some lucky person if I go through with it but it's about finding the right person and the right design & thats going to be the hard part.

pt
09-05-2007, 10:20 PM
shit mate i read that last post about the injury. that is dedication mate, full respect for that. that paint and the whole bike are awesome, whoever takes you up on this offer is gonna be lucky!

chopaweeza
16-06-2007, 01:22 PM
There are 2 weeks left on the offer. 3 bikes have already been shortlisted including a Softail Duke Monster, a trad 70's style Kwaka and another that also has goos potential. Soot me a mail if you are up for it.

Wayne