PDA

View Full Version : A close call for cammy.

cammy9r
02-05-2006, 07:05 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/949940236111343.jpg

Was away out for a thrash on sunday. Riding the bike pretty hard. Doing 80mph i went to overtake a few cars. Opened the throttle and away i went. Then, the back wheel starts slipping and the bike is fish tailing like fook. I get control but still on other side of road. Think to myself ' that was strange' and continue to boot it passed the cars. At this point the wheel spins up again causing more fish tailing. I then decide that something is wrong and quickly pull in to the side of the road to inspect the problem.
WTF!! the back end is all wet??.......OHHHHH fukk it's oil. I kill the engine just in time to watch the last 1.5 liters of oil piss out the sump. In vain i try to stop it with my finger....AAArhhgg it HOT. So i kneel at the side of the road and discover that the sump plug had fooked off on holiday or something.

So i hide the bike in a field jump on the back of my mates bike and head for the nearest town. Just in time to catch the local garage closing up .I explain my situation and he helps by giving me a load of bolts to try and i buy some oil from him. Back to the bike 1 bolt fits but is way to long but it does the job with only minor dribbles of oil coming out. I totter back home at 30-40 mph and meet up with the missus in the van who was coming to my rescue.

So home and no damage done i begin to wonder how a torqued up sump plug falls out? First time ever and going to be the last. I'm going to drill and wire lock the new plug.

Never just a ride out it's a fukkin adventure [:p]

Ohh yeah, i almost killed my mate with the plug that fired out the back off the wheel [:0]

Gix11
02-05-2006, 07:13 PM
Mad as mate! How did that bastard come out? You'd have seen some leaks in the garage before the ride if it was even slightly loose. I fought and oil leak for a year so I know how easy the smallest leak leaves a lot of oil. It's managed to do the whole length on one ride? That's mental. There must be an answer for that? Glad you're ok though mate, getting sideways without tryin' can get a bit hairy.

Gix11
02-05-2006, 07:13 PM
Mad as mate! How did that bastard come out? You'd have seen some leaks in the garage before the ride if it was even slightly loose. I fought and oil leak for a year so I know how easy the smallest leak leaves a lot of oil. It's managed to do the whole length on one ride? That's mental. There must be an answer for that? Glad you're ok though mate, getting sideways without tryin' can get a bit hairy.

fimpBIKES
02-05-2006, 07:37 PM
thats one SHINY tyre!!!

wire that sum-na-bitch :D

fimpBIKES
02-05-2006, 07:37 PM
thats one SHINY tyre!!!

wire that sum-na-bitch :D

BOHEMION
02-05-2006, 07:40 PM
That rear tyre is SOAKED - Glad u didnt Bin ya self and ya ride mate!

BOHEMION
02-05-2006, 07:40 PM
That rear tyre is SOAKED - Glad u didnt Bin ya self and ya ride mate!

damo1
02-05-2006, 08:55 PM
fuckin lucky boy cammy i bet you went for clean undies after that one.

damo1
02-05-2006, 08:55 PM
fuckin lucky boy cammy i bet you went for clean undies after that one.

Iceman
02-05-2006, 09:34 PM
Your one lucky boy Cammy!

Glad to see both you and your bike made it out ok.

On the bright side, now that the tyre is oil soaked, it will do one hell of a smokey burnout!

Iceman
02-05-2006, 09:34 PM
Your one lucky boy Cammy!

Glad to see both you and your bike made it out ok.

On the bright side, now that the tyre is oil soaked, it will do one hell of a smokey burnout!

gibbo
02-05-2006, 10:18 PM
Chain should be well lubed now mate!

gibbo
02-05-2006, 10:18 PM
Chain should be well lubed now mate!

TurboKat
02-05-2006, 10:27 PM
Nobody's gone the - "That's not a tyre, that's a slick" - geddit.... slick..... because.... it's oily & .... oh, forget it. :D
Don't waste your money on a lotto ticket Cammy, you've used up all your luck for this month mate.
Good effort keeping it upright.

TurboKat
02-05-2006, 10:27 PM
Nobody's gone the - "That's not a tyre, that's a slick" - geddit.... slick..... because.... it's oily & .... oh, forget it. :D
Don't waste your money on a lotto ticket Cammy, you've used up all your luck for this month mate.
Good effort keeping it upright.

Razorback
03-05-2006, 08:47 AM
ROFL... least it didnt end in tears... Its the kind of thing I get paranoid over while Im riding LOL... Good to see your ok and so is the bike.

Razorback
03-05-2006, 08:47 AM
ROFL... least it didnt end in tears... Its the kind of thing I get paranoid over while Im riding LOL... Good to see your ok and so is the bike.

sharky
03-05-2006, 07:13 PM
Lucky little boy Cammy.....
Reminds me of my mate test riding his latest Gsxr chop...Both of us doing 80 odd Mph when his oil line to the cooler blew.....covering both his tyres and leaving a slick for me...I was right behind him and peeled right to avoid it but the rear tyre caught the oil....Its fun having the back wheel trying to overtake the front at that speed !! Luckily there was so much gravel at the edge of the road it stuck to the tyres and let me brake VERY GENTLY ! Mate just shut off and coasted to a stop.......

sharky
03-05-2006, 07:13 PM
Lucky little boy Cammy.....
Reminds me of my mate test riding his latest Gsxr chop...Both of us doing 80 odd Mph when his oil line to the cooler blew.....covering both his tyres and leaving a slick for me...I was right behind him and peeled right to avoid it but the rear tyre caught the oil....Its fun having the back wheel trying to overtake the front at that speed !! Luckily there was so much gravel at the edge of the road it stuck to the tyres and let me brake VERY GENTLY ! Mate just shut off and coasted to a stop.......

cjburns esq
04-05-2006, 05:37 PM
Similar incident for me 10 years ago near in front of Russell offices in ACT, fuel line let go and pumped over rear tyre on my Katana. Hairy ride through the round abouts

cjburns esq
04-05-2006, 05:37 PM
Similar incident for me 10 years ago near in front of Russell offices in ACT, fuel line let go and pumped over rear tyre on my Katana. Hairy ride through the round abouts

nos_james
04-05-2006, 06:26 PM
fuken lucky man but good work on keeping it together time to buy some new undies

nos_james
04-05-2006, 06:26 PM
fuken lucky man but good work on keeping it together time to buy some new undies