PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Running 12:1 or higher Compression?

Large
30-04-2006, 12:34 PM
The Wisecos I got for my Kat state 12:1 CR...but the head I'm using has been skimmed a little so I could be looking at 12.5 or 13:1....so could be a bit much on PULP.

I can get thicker base gaskets from Serco, but I don't want to drop it too much or I'll be back where I started.

What's a good compromise for the shit fuel that's available?

Stocky
30-04-2006, 12:44 PM
I am running 13.2:1 in my GSXR1000 engine with no fuel problems.

The trick is how effeicent you combustion chamber is.

Hand finished pistons, and excellent head work and combustion chamber shaping and finishing are the trick.

Premium Unleaded only of course.

The head on a Ket would have to be shimmed quite a lot to be 13.1

If it's had the normal skiming it'll only be 12.4 or 5 tops and you'll be fine.

Just spend the time on the piston tops and the combustion chamber or get someone who knows what they are doing to do it for you.

Stocky
30-04-2006, 12:44 PM
I am running 13.2:1 in my GSXR1000 engine with no fuel problems.

The trick is how effeicent you combustion chamber is.

Hand finished pistons, and excellent head work and combustion chamber shaping and finishing are the trick.

Premium Unleaded only of course.

The head on a Ket would have to be shimmed quite a lot to be 13.1

If it's had the normal skiming it'll only be 12.4 or 5 tops and you'll be fine.

Just spend the time on the piston tops and the combustion chamber or get someone who knows what they are doing to do it for you.

Large
30-04-2006, 02:35 PM
Stocky,

It's actually a GSXR1127 motor in the Kat. I was planning to take off the sharp edges on the top of the slugs when I get them and the block back.

The guy I got the head off said it had been skimmed a few times...but fuck me...I've just cced a combustion chamber on my old head and it had less volume than the new (skimmed) one[V]

I'm all confused now. Time to pull a cork and think about it...:D

Large
30-04-2006, 02:35 PM
Stocky,

It's actually a GSXR1127 motor in the Kat. I was planning to take off the sharp edges on the top of the slugs when I get them and the block back.

The guy I got the head off said it had been skimmed a few times...but fuck me...I've just cced a combustion chamber on my old head and it had less volume than the new (skimmed) one[V]

I'm all confused now. Time to pull a cork and think about it...:D

30-04-2006, 04:58 PM
i'm running 50:4 with no problems mate

30-04-2006, 04:58 PM
i'm running 50:4 with no problems mate

Large
30-04-2006, 05:46 PM
I've just opened my second bottle of McWilliams SC ($3.99) and I'm beginning to achieve clarity.

Is that on straight Premium unleaded and do you have problems when it's really hot in the Vatcan city Davo?

Large
30-04-2006, 05:46 PM
I've just opened my second bottle of McWilliams SC ($3.99) and I'm beginning to achieve clarity.

Is that on straight Premium unleaded and do you have problems when it's really hot in the Vatcan city Davo?

30-04-2006, 07:02 PM
that is normal premium mate,but you can add octane booster to give ya piece of mind, a bloke i used to ride with (02 750) always carried a bottle with him on country runs coz ya just cant trust petrol octane in the rural area's(as i discovered on the fools run when we put dodgey premium fuel in at Grafton,and my bike wouldnt go over 220 metres per second).

30-04-2006, 07:02 PM
that is normal premium mate,but you can add octane booster to give ya piece of mind, a bloke i used to ride with (02 750) always carried a bottle with him on country runs coz ya just cant trust petrol octane in the rural area's(as i discovered on the fools run when we put dodgey premium fuel in at Grafton,and my bike wouldnt go over 220 metres per second).

Large
30-04-2006, 07:49 PM
Cool thanks Davo. I saw that sugarised "fuel" at Dorrigo. I think it even claimed to be higher octane than trhe standard stuff.

I wonder if the National Party have been given the task of selling ethanol to the farmers...who'll then sell it on to us in $50,000,000 tv adverts.[V]

Large
30-04-2006, 07:49 PM
Cool thanks Davo. I saw that sugarised "fuel" at Dorrigo. I think it even claimed to be higher octane than trhe standard stuff.

I wonder if the National Party have been given the task of selling ethanol to the farmers...who'll then sell it on to us in $50,000,000 tv adverts.[V]