PDA

View Full Version : Gday

pt
29-04-2006, 02:55 PM
gday everyone, thought i'd better introduce myself here before i go crazy posting up questions everywhere else. pretty new to bikes in general, i only got my full licence in january of this year, but i'm loving it so far. only young too (18) so dont be arseholes. please:) next week i'm hopefully picking up my first "proper"[:p] bike (1997 gixxer 600) after being stuck on a POS old cb250 for the last year and a bit. the gixxer is currently a stuntbike but it's going cheap and still runs. hopefully i'll turn it into a streetfighter when i get a bit of a break from uni over july or january.

cheers

Iceman
29-04-2006, 03:09 PM
Welcome aboard Pete, I'd have a good think about buying an ex-stunt bike if I were you. It may be cheap, but it's probably been dropped a hundred times and had the ring flogged out of it as well. Make sure it can be registered as alot of written off bikes become stunters or track bikes.

Keep'n that in mind, good luck and have fun!

Iceman
29-04-2006, 03:09 PM
Welcome aboard Pete, I'd have a good think about buying an ex-stunt bike if I were you. It may be cheap, but it's probably been dropped a hundred times and had the ring flogged out of it as well. Make sure it can be registered as alot of written off bikes become stunters or track bikes.

Keep'n that in mind, good luck and have fun!

03gixxerpilot
29-04-2006, 06:47 PM
G'day pete i'm with iceman on the stunt bike thing, especially since i stunt bikes, i can testify the amount af abuse they get put through, even if they dont get dropped which is very unlikely.

buy the way welcome aboard, and don't let that deter you from buying a bigger bike just be careful what you get.
it would be a shame for you to loose your enthusiasm because of a bad experience buying a bigger bike

hope all goes well with the bigger bike.

03gixxerpilot
29-04-2006, 06:47 PM
G'day pete i'm with iceman on the stunt bike thing, especially since i stunt bikes, i can testify the amount af abuse they get put through, even if they dont get dropped which is very unlikely.

buy the way welcome aboard, and don't let that deter you from buying a bigger bike just be careful what you get.
it would be a shame for you to loose your enthusiasm because of a bad experience buying a bigger bike

hope all goes well with the bigger bike.

Frankie
29-04-2006, 07:05 PM
Hi Pete, Welcome.

18 no problem! Well mate, perhaps you are willing to take some advise from us (like the stunt bike thing!) It can be a big loss of money for you.
I did a similar thing when I turned 18. I bought a 250cc Yamaha RD. I knew the engine was rebuild, but the bike was cheap... sure enough it shit itself very quickly. I had the bike for 6 mths. It took me more than a year to safe the money for another one... a good one, though. It was a Honda CB X 1000 six cylinder, one year old. By the way, that'll give you an idea how many years I am on bikes.....
I hope you will be on bikes for a looooong time as well.

Frankie
29-04-2006, 07:05 PM
Hi Pete, Welcome.

18 no problem! Well mate, perhaps you are willing to take some advise from us (like the stunt bike thing!) It can be a big loss of money for you.
I did a similar thing when I turned 18. I bought a 250cc Yamaha RD. I knew the engine was rebuild, but the bike was cheap... sure enough it shit itself very quickly. I had the bike for 6 mths. It took me more than a year to safe the money for another one... a good one, though. It was a Honda CB X 1000 six cylinder, one year old. By the way, that'll give you an idea how many years I am on bikes.....
I hope you will be on bikes for a looooong time as well.

pt
29-04-2006, 09:29 PM
yeah i know about the stunt bike. i know the guy i'm buying it off and it's really a stunt bike in name only. it had a bung rectifier and he didnt ride it for almost a year cause he didnt have the time to find out what was wrong. so it's not done much actual stunting. it has a crash cage on it so most of the drops have been taken by that. the engine is still fine, the only thing that it needs at the moment is new fork seals and oil and all the stuff that goes with that. it is currently regoed so thats not a problem. thanks for your concern though i thought about it pretty hard before i decided on it. the funds are pretty short, but it was either this or going to an auction and getting a rep write off and fixing that up. at the moment i'm still telling myself i'm not fussed if it ends up presenting way more problems than i expected, so hopefully that sentiment continues[:p]

pt
29-04-2006, 09:29 PM
yeah i know about the stunt bike. i know the guy i'm buying it off and it's really a stunt bike in name only. it had a bung rectifier and he didnt ride it for almost a year cause he didnt have the time to find out what was wrong. so it's not done much actual stunting. it has a crash cage on it so most of the drops have been taken by that. the engine is still fine, the only thing that it needs at the moment is new fork seals and oil and all the stuff that goes with that. it is currently regoed so thats not a problem. thanks for your concern though i thought about it pretty hard before i decided on it. the funds are pretty short, but it was either this or going to an auction and getting a rep write off and fixing that up. at the moment i'm still telling myself i'm not fussed if it ends up presenting way more problems than i expected, so hopefully that sentiment continues[:p]

03gixxerpilot
29-04-2006, 09:47 PM
hey pete who did you but it from

do you have PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

03gixxerpilot
29-04-2006, 09:47 PM
hey pete who did you but it from

do you have PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frankie
29-04-2006, 10:10 PM
Alright, that puts things in a different light.
Crash Cage? What the...? I would buy it, as long it has got a bull bar as well :D

Frankie
29-04-2006, 10:10 PM
Alright, that puts things in a different light.
Crash Cage? What the...? I would buy it, as long it has got a bull bar as well :D

totaldamage
29-04-2006, 10:26 PM
Hard impacts on the crash cage can put stress points and brakes in the frame....
Do some home work before handing over cash

totaldamage
29-04-2006, 10:26 PM
Hard impacts on the crash cage can put stress points and brakes in the frame....
Do some home work before handing over cash

totaldamage
29-04-2006, 10:29 PM
And Welcome

totaldamage
29-04-2006, 10:29 PM
And Welcome

Gix11
29-04-2006, 11:15 PM
Yea, Hi Pete. Welcome aboard mate. What sort of price is he asking for it?

Gix11
29-04-2006, 11:15 PM
Yea, Hi Pete. Welcome aboard mate. What sort of price is he asking for it?

sharky
29-04-2006, 11:41 PM
Welcome aboard Pete,
Not much to add to the above...just don't be afraid to ask about anything....we all had to learn somehow aye fellas..:)

sharky
29-04-2006, 11:41 PM
Welcome aboard Pete,
Not much to add to the above...just don't be afraid to ask about anything....we all had to learn somehow aye fellas..:)

Frankie
29-04-2006, 11:45 PM
Yep! To right mate.

@totaldamage, I like your signature.

Frankie
29-04-2006, 11:45 PM
Yep! To right mate.

@totaldamage, I like your signature.

dinorider
30-04-2006, 08:43 AM
It`s a suzuki pete,just buy the thing and enjoy it.

dinorider
30-04-2006, 08:43 AM
It`s a suzuki pete,just buy the thing and enjoy it.

saf
01-05-2006, 10:59 PM
Buy a Honda.

saf
01-05-2006, 10:59 PM
Buy a Honda.

Zed14
02-05-2006, 08:20 PM
not

Zed14
02-05-2006, 08:20 PM
not

pt
03-05-2006, 03:55 PM
yeah i'm not too keen on the honda idea. whats the point of having one if everyone has one?[:p] (even I have one[:0])

pics will be sometime tomorrow once i get it home:D

pt
03-05-2006, 03:55 PM
yeah i'm not too keen on the honda idea. whats the point of having one if everyone has one?[:p] (even I have one[:0])

pics will be sometime tomorrow once i get it home:D

dinorider
03-05-2006, 04:52 PM
look pt even rexie is saying not to buy a honda.

dinorider
03-05-2006, 04:52 PM
look pt even rexie is saying not to buy a honda.

Zed14
03-05-2006, 04:59 PM
i have to be careful now cause theres a honda engine in the sidecar. but i did not buy it so its ok.

Zed14
03-05-2006, 04:59 PM
i have to be careful now cause theres a honda engine in the sidecar. but i did not buy it so its ok.

devo
03-05-2006, 07:33 PM
Don't be ashamed Rexie see if Suzi Parts will fit, you may Blitz
the moderns.
Oh and run the sidecar on methonol I'd like to see thomas wiff that,
the cunt will be off his dial what do ya reckon.
Imagine his speech, I'd like to thank Rexie for letten me swing
for im and also for the free trip I took along the way with me old
mate methanol have we finished yet.

devo
03-05-2006, 07:33 PM
Don't be ashamed Rexie see if Suzi Parts will fit, you may Blitz
the moderns.
Oh and run the sidecar on methonol I'd like to see thomas wiff that,
the cunt will be off his dial what do ya reckon.
Imagine his speech, I'd like to thank Rexie for letten me swing
for im and also for the free trip I took along the way with me old
mate methanol have we finished yet.

Zed14
04-05-2006, 03:51 PM
chris is planning on running methanal with the worked engine. now its bog stock

Zed14
04-05-2006, 03:51 PM
chris is planning on running methanal with the worked engine. now its bog stock

pt
04-05-2006, 05:10 PM
got it home after riding it down the freeway from the central coast. farkenHELL[:0] talk about insane! it even has a bloody dinnerplate back sprocket and it still exceeded the speed limit in .000001 of a second. not to mention the unsociable power wheelies in 1st 2nd and 3rd. now to pull all the junk fairings off and get me an endure headlight and some blinkers and reroute all the wiring:D

pt
04-05-2006, 05:10 PM
got it home after riding it down the freeway from the central coast. farkenHELL[:0] talk about insane! it even has a bloody dinnerplate back sprocket and it still exceeded the speed limit in .000001 of a second. not to mention the unsociable power wheelies in 1st 2nd and 3rd. now to pull all the junk fairings off and get me an endure headlight and some blinkers and reroute all the wiring:D

devo
04-05-2006, 06:29 PM
Good stuff Pete.:D
Now the fun begins.;)
Put up a Piccy.

devo
04-05-2006, 06:29 PM
Good stuff Pete.:D
Now the fun begins.;)
Put up a Piccy.

BOHEMION
04-05-2006, 06:48 PM
Thats the way Pt

BOHEMION
04-05-2006, 06:48 PM
Thats the way Pt

Iceman
04-05-2006, 08:13 PM
The nooB has the Streetfighter attitude already, good stuff.

Get some pics up Pete!

Iceman
04-05-2006, 08:13 PM
The nooB has the Streetfighter attitude already, good stuff.

Get some pics up Pete!

clairebear
05-05-2006, 01:11 PM
ooooh, look Mr Chalk, someone who knows how to spell arsehole!
we wont be arseholes pt, well, maybe with the exception of Davo. but he's nice really. really he is! yer, give us a pic. of the bike. :-)

clairebear
05-05-2006, 01:11 PM
ooooh, look Mr Chalk, someone who knows how to spell arsehole!
we wont be arseholes pt, well, maybe with the exception of Davo. but he's nice really. really he is! yer, give us a pic. of the bike. :-)

05-05-2006, 02:20 PM
Hey weee petey, waddafeck ya doin' here if ya don't wanna meet any ass-holes.
I think that this is a streeFIGHTER site, not a bunch of streetWALKER's. Or young ethnic dudes with some 'serious street cred' man.
I mean, bugger me granny, did you really think that asking us not to be ass-holes was really going to work.
Niaive little toe rag ain't ya?

05-05-2006, 02:20 PM
Hey weee petey, waddafeck ya doin' here if ya don't wanna meet any ass-holes.
I think that this is a streeFIGHTER site, not a bunch of streetWALKER's. Or young ethnic dudes with some 'serious street cred' man.
I mean, bugger me granny, did you really think that asking us not to be ass-holes was really going to work.
Niaive little toe rag ain't ya?