PDA

View Full Version : super charger

damo1
29-04-2006, 02:36 PM
ok boys and girls ive been thinkn about blowing the blade
has any body got any info on doing it or how to get the pick up from the crank to run the puffer.
and can i still run my flat slides and use the air box its already got(its a bolt together box)and just plumb into it.
im thinking of using one off a super charged corolla or mr2 ive tracked one down at resonable price so any help would be appreciated.
no i dont want a turbo i want something differnt.
and i said blowing the blade not blowing it up davo,rexie.

Captaintoc
29-04-2006, 03:32 PM
From my own research (GSXR750) your best bet is to modify the the (read get a new one made) clutch basket and drive the pulley from it (motor side) and get a new clutch cover made with a pass thru and bearing.

Your flaties arent really suitable as the boost pressure will force the slides forward and can cause them to stick (some have rollers they don't), but draw thru is a better option as your running constant from idle boost so no turbo style fueling wierdness with the draw thru setup.

No airbox imho it should be like this:
motor-intakes(direct fit)-charger-adapter-carb-airfilter.

And you seem like you got head around it you'll have to lower your cr too and adjust the ignition timing to suit.

P.S. If you have more than one lined up let me know as finding on for a good price is all that stopped me from doing this myself.[8D]

P.S.S. Do a search for fageol superchargers it relates to gsxr kits (not made anymore) but you might find some more info to help you.

Have Fun
Andrew

Captaintoc
29-04-2006, 03:32 PM
From my own research (GSXR750) your best bet is to modify the the (read get a new one made) clutch basket and drive the pulley from it (motor side) and get a new clutch cover made with a pass thru and bearing.

Your flaties arent really suitable as the boost pressure will force the slides forward and can cause them to stick (some have rollers they don't), but draw thru is a better option as your running constant from idle boost so no turbo style fueling wierdness with the draw thru setup.

No airbox imho it should be like this:
motor-intakes(direct fit)-charger-adapter-carb-airfilter.

And you seem like you got head around it you'll have to lower your cr too and adjust the ignition timing to suit.

P.S. If you have more than one lined up let me know as finding on for a good price is all that stopped me from doing this myself.[8D]

P.S.S. Do a search for fageol superchargers it relates to gsxr kits (not made anymore) but you might find some more info to help you.

Have Fun
Andrew

Rich
29-04-2006, 04:37 PM
Damo, do yourself a favour, you need to get the book 'Motorcycle Turbocharging, Supercharging & Nitrous Oxide' by Joe Haile. Bought mine through Amazon on the internet. First published in 1997, its a very good read and has a lot of pics on all forced induction styles.

Cheers Rich

Rich
29-04-2006, 04:37 PM
Damo, do yourself a favour, you need to get the book 'Motorcycle Turbocharging, Supercharging & Nitrous Oxide' by Joe Haile. Bought mine through Amazon on the internet. First published in 1997, its a very good read and has a lot of pics on all forced induction styles.

Cheers Rich

EXBEN
30-04-2006, 12:07 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/30827032860933.jpg
Ahh Damo, So it seems great minds think alike this is destined for the blue bike. Its off a 4AGZE toyota 1.6l. Should be perfect size.
Im planing on running it blow through with carbs at first, cause I've got a couple of things I want to try before I go EFI. Drive will be off the right end of the crank.Drop by & we'll see how it measures up in your frame.

EXBEN
30-04-2006, 12:07 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/30827032860933.jpg
Ahh Damo, So it seems great minds think alike this is destined for the blue bike. Its off a 4AGZE toyota 1.6l. Should be perfect size.
Im planing on running it blow through with carbs at first, cause I've got a couple of things I want to try before I go EFI. Drive will be off the right end of the crank.Drop by & we'll see how it measures up in your frame.

EXBEN
30-04-2006, 12:08 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/30827032875561.jpg
Looks much smaller without all the crap on it.

EXBEN
30-04-2006, 12:08 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/30827032875561.jpg
Looks much smaller without all the crap on it.

fimpBIKES
30-04-2006, 01:32 AM
u invloved with what rupes is up to exben?

there is few blokes at melbourne uni (i think it was there?)
who are charging a sv650, but i got the impression that they where going to run the charger off the output shaft instead of the crank?

not sure how effective that would be

anyways, looks like i wont be keeping up wit u lot next time we shoot down a freeway :)

fimpBIKES
30-04-2006, 01:32 AM
u invloved with what rupes is up to exben?

there is few blokes at melbourne uni (i think it was there?)
who are charging a sv650, but i got the impression that they where going to run the charger off the output shaft instead of the crank?

not sure how effective that would be

anyways, looks like i wont be keeping up wit u lot next time we shoot down a freeway :)

Benz
30-04-2006, 01:09 PM
EXBEN,
Great to see someone on this site is going to tackle this conversion.
The sc12 is the little brother of the sc14 I installed on my commodore [rb30]a few years back, and is still pumping around 6psi reliably today.At the time I paid $350.00 for mine.
There was a massive improvement in bottom end torque, but it runs out of sting a bit up top.
Still good for beatin V8's off the line.:D
These 'chargers are supposedly good for 10 psi and around 10.000 RPM, after that, they generate way too much heat in the incoming charge, and may damage their internals. Make sure you connect a vacuum/boost line to the bearing breather tubes, or you'll push boosted air through the bearing, and remove the lube, main reason for these little beauties failing, apparently.
There is a guy on 750 turbo.com [Mr. Fluffy] who is doing similar to a GS750. he is driving from the other side of the motor, using the startermotor gearing, with a layshaft in between to drive the 'charger, and using a gixxer alternator[no crank alternator]mounted to give belt tension adjustment.Not sure now, but I think he ends up running the 'charger backwards.
The sc12 [according to mr Fluffy] uses the rubber cush drive in the drive pulley to damp the pulses into the charger,whether or not this is accurate I couldn't tell ya, but thought it was worth a mention.
Good luck mate, great project:)

Benz
30-04-2006, 01:09 PM
EXBEN,
Great to see someone on this site is going to tackle this conversion.
The sc12 is the little brother of the sc14 I installed on my commodore [rb30]a few years back, and is still pumping around 6psi reliably today.At the time I paid $350.00 for mine.
There was a massive improvement in bottom end torque, but it runs out of sting a bit up top.
Still good for beatin V8's off the line.:D
These 'chargers are supposedly good for 10 psi and around 10.000 RPM, after that, they generate way too much heat in the incoming charge, and may damage their internals. Make sure you connect a vacuum/boost line to the bearing breather tubes, or you'll push boosted air through the bearing, and remove the lube, main reason for these little beauties failing, apparently.
There is a guy on 750 turbo.com [Mr. Fluffy] who is doing similar to a GS750. he is driving from the other side of the motor, using the startermotor gearing, with a layshaft in between to drive the 'charger, and using a gixxer alternator[no crank alternator]mounted to give belt tension adjustment.Not sure now, but I think he ends up running the 'charger backwards.
The sc12 [according to mr Fluffy] uses the rubber cush drive in the drive pulley to damp the pulses into the charger,whether or not this is accurate I couldn't tell ya, but thought it was worth a mention.
Good luck mate, great project:)

latheboy
30-04-2006, 09:50 PM
thats a cool idea .. i got one at home doing nothin..
one thing you should do is put a BOV on but please not one those loud crapy ones .. when you back off you will still get boost at the manifold .. if you have a suck though set up with a BOV you must root it back into the intake side of the blower or you will be venting raw fuel to atmosphere ... full bad ... and back fires are fun ... if you have a suck though with a intercooler and it does backfire the cooler will get blown apart .. a kid come to work years ago with this set up and had a big pink stain in the engine bay he was told to fix it but quote "i cant afford it " .. the car burnt to the ground not long after .. and yes a got a laugh
one more thing .. try to have all your pipes as striaght as possible bends create heat and you get preasure loss ...
keep up the updates

latheboy
30-04-2006, 09:50 PM
thats a cool idea .. i got one at home doing nothin..
one thing you should do is put a BOV on but please not one those loud crapy ones .. when you back off you will still get boost at the manifold .. if you have a suck though set up with a BOV you must root it back into the intake side of the blower or you will be venting raw fuel to atmosphere ... full bad ... and back fires are fun ... if you have a suck though with a intercooler and it does backfire the cooler will get blown apart .. a kid come to work years ago with this set up and had a big pink stain in the engine bay he was told to fix it but quote "i cant afford it " .. the car burnt to the ground not long after .. and yes a got a laugh
one more thing .. try to have all your pipes as striaght as possible bends create heat and you get preasure loss ...
keep up the updates

damo1
01-05-2006, 08:34 PM
thanks boys.
how did i know you'd have something like this lying around ben
christ is there anything you dont have?
that looks like the same charger im looking at ben is it a corolla one?
ill be dropping in soon mate so well have a look cheers.

damo1
01-05-2006, 08:34 PM
thanks boys.
how did i know you'd have something like this lying around ben
christ is there anything you dont have?
that looks like the same charger im looking at ben is it a corolla one?
ill be dropping in soon mate so well have a look cheers.

EXBEN
02-05-2006, 08:13 PM
Yes Damo it's a corolla one.

EXBEN
02-05-2006, 08:13 PM
Yes Damo it's a corolla one.

damo1
02-05-2006, 08:52 PM
ah ben if you dont mind me askin how much was it?
just wondering what you recon is a fair price

damo1
02-05-2006, 08:52 PM
ah ben if you dont mind me askin how much was it?
just wondering what you recon is a fair price

EXBEN
02-05-2006, 09:15 PM
I got it for 50 bucks ( Right place at the right time ) but they seem to go for $200- $250

EXBEN
02-05-2006, 09:15 PM
I got it for 50 bucks ( Right place at the right time ) but they seem to go for $200- $250

damo1
13-05-2006, 10:27 AM
ah ben hows the mod going started yet?

damo1
13-05-2006, 10:27 AM
ah ben hows the mod going started yet?

03gixxerpilot
25-05-2006, 10:03 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/55821775675532.JPG

Damo1 was looking through a firestorm site the other day and saw this on there thought it might intrest you

03gixxerpilot
25-05-2006, 10:03 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/55821775675532.JPG

Damo1 was looking through a firestorm site the other day and saw this on there thought it might intrest you

Gix11
25-05-2006, 10:55 PM
Saw that on the cover of Streetbike(?) once. He was going to fit it to his V6 commodore and then, while pissed, lined it up and thought fuck it, I'll stick it on the VTR. Pretty tidy job hey?

Gix11
25-05-2006, 10:55 PM
Saw that on the cover of Streetbike(?) once. He was going to fit it to his V6 commodore and then, while pissed, lined it up and thought fuck it, I'll stick it on the VTR. Pretty tidy job hey?

03gixxerpilot
26-05-2006, 04:45 AM
Can't say that i like the colour of the bike but for sure thats a very neet job for the " fuck it i'll stick it on the VTR" job

03gixxerpilot
26-05-2006, 04:45 AM
Can't say that i like the colour of the bike but for sure thats a very neet job for the " fuck it i'll stick it on the VTR" job

Gix11
26-05-2006, 10:27 AM
Nah, the colour scheme smells of Blue Oyster Bar, but the actual mechanics and positioning of the thing are great. Let's face it, it ain't small!

Gix11
26-05-2006, 10:27 AM
Nah, the colour scheme smells of Blue Oyster Bar, but the actual mechanics and positioning of the thing are great. Let's face it, it ain't small!

03gixxerpilot
26-05-2006, 04:44 PM
Dead right about that the enginering that has gone into putting it together is briliant

03gixxerpilot
26-05-2006, 04:44 PM
Dead right about that the enginering that has gone into putting it together is briliant