PDA

View Full Version : Advice for project : CBR 600 F4 and onwards

saf
25-04-2006, 12:32 PM
I'm after a few pointers on parts and where to buy them.

My CBR was bent up quite skillfully last year and I've decided to street fighter her.

I've got the bike running again but need to source such things as;

Headlamps
I was thinking of putting on some dual spotlights but am open to suggestions. Somewhere to buy or browse would be much appreciated.

Instrument panel
I've managed to quasi-repair the old panel but the speedo was smashed. The rest of it works so arguably I could either add an aftermarket jaycar speedo, replace the damaged components from another identical panel or use an entirely different bike instrument panel. I'm just not sure if it would be compatible with the bike's existing electrical system.

Mini-screen
Something small but tasteful. ;) I intend on using her at the track amoung other things so the clipons stay which also means I need a screen small enough to be unobtrusive yet large enough to squat behind down the straights.

Suggestions? Advice? Welcome!

TurboKat
25-04-2006, 12:48 PM
G'day & welcome Saf,
Prepare for a barrage of anti Honda abuse, most of the *ahem* Gentlemen on this forum are biased towards the Suzuki GSXR with a smaller, but strong, good looking, intelligent, articulate, well hung & modest group dedicated to Mr Kawasaki's finest. [:p]
Personally, anything that starts with a K (Katana, Kwaka) is fine by me. :D
You will get some sympathy from Damo though, he was the bloke sitting in the corner drinking by himself on the Fools Run. :D;)

Seriously but, check out Austreetfighter.com.au for all your 'fightering needs.
Or, of course, the ever reliable Ebay.

TurboKat
25-04-2006, 12:48 PM
G'day & welcome Saf,
Prepare for a barrage of anti Honda abuse, most of the *ahem* Gentlemen on this forum are biased towards the Suzuki GSXR with a smaller, but strong, good looking, intelligent, articulate, well hung & modest group dedicated to Mr Kawasaki's finest. [:p]
Personally, anything that starts with a K (Katana, Kwaka) is fine by me. :D
You will get some sympathy from Damo though, he was the bloke sitting in the corner drinking by himself on the Fools Run. :D;)

Seriously but, check out Austreetfighter.com.au for all your 'fightering needs.
Or, of course, the ever reliable Ebay.

BOHEMION
25-04-2006, 12:58 PM
Hey Mate and welcome (whats with the newbies not saying G'day??? )[:p][8D]

Mate a suggestion with a head light & screen option is to take the tiwn head light and screen from a Buell Lighting CityX series bike. Or say g'day to Stu at www.austreetfighter.com.au
you may after checkin out a few options you may want to get a headlight mask option.

BOHEMION
25-04-2006, 12:58 PM
Hey Mate and welcome (whats with the newbies not saying G'day??? )[:p][8D]

Mate a suggestion with a head light & screen option is to take the tiwn head light and screen from a Buell Lighting CityX series bike. Or say g'day to Stu at www.austreetfighter.com.au
you may after checkin out a few options you may want to get a headlight mask option.

suxukifreak
25-04-2006, 01:57 PM
Hey Bo, why is that guy looking at Perth and aiming at Brisy? ;)

suxukifreak
25-04-2006, 01:57 PM

ozkat
25-04-2006, 02:59 PM
Hey Des ive been trying to ring you about the 2 pallet spaces to perth, when is a good time to ring? i have tried Kays mob number as well.

ozkat
25-04-2006, 02:59 PM
Hey Des ive been trying to ring you about the 2 pallet spaces to perth, when is a good time to ring? i have tried Kays mob number as well.

saf
25-04-2006, 03:15 PM
Ahh sorry yes, I did negate the rudimentary Gudday.

If it has two wheels I'll ride it. It's a fun pasttime of mine to humiliate litre bikes on a 250 of any make or model. A big issue I have with alot of the Gixxers of the world is their seats are smegging uncomfortable, particularly for a pillion.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll check the site out. I have been scouring eBay but just don't know what to look for. Also I'm not sure as to what's available in terms of instrument clusters et al.

P.S Gudday! ;)

saf
25-04-2006, 03:15 PM
Ahh sorry yes, I did negate the rudimentary Gudday.

If it has two wheels I'll ride it. It's a fun pasttime of mine to humiliate litre bikes on a 250 of any make or model. A big issue I have with alot of the Gixxers of the world is their seats are smegging uncomfortable, particularly for a pillion.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll check the site out. I have been scouring eBay but just don't know what to look for. Also I'm not sure as to what's available in terms of instrument clusters et al.

P.S Gudday! ;)

BOHEMION
25-04-2006, 08:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by suxukifreak

Hey man he was just admiring our great city till Perth Called him a bad word:( KUNTS ! weapon is up high and ready.. look out Perthy ![:p]

BOHEMION
25-04-2006, 08:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by suxukifreak

Hey man he was just admiring our great city till Perth Called him a bad word:( KUNTS ! weapon is up high and ready.. look out Perthy ![:p]

Deano
26-04-2006, 12:51 PM
saf- what sort of budget do you have to work with.

you can get all sorts of cool shit but you are talking somewhere around $500 and up for the good instruments. i got one of those Veypor's and they are fucken cool. if you do track days aswell you get lap timing, lap time memory, 2 stage shift light etc

i brought it for every day use aswell as for when i do track days - the only way to fly. i fucked around with other shit before biting the bullet and spending to money and havn't looked back. www.veypor.com or the aussie dealer www.kenma.com.au - Simon harris is the man in the no at kenma.

Deano
26-04-2006, 12:51 PM
saf- what sort of budget do you have to work with.

you can get all sorts of cool shit but you are talking somewhere around $500 and up for the good instruments. i got one of those Veypor's and they are fucken cool. if you do track days aswell you get lap timing, lap time memory, 2 stage shift light etc

i brought it for every day use aswell as for when i do track days - the only way to fly. i fucked around with other shit before biting the bullet and spending to money and havn't looked back. www.veypor.com or the aussie dealer www.kenma.com.au - Simon harris is the man in the no at kenma.

saf
26-04-2006, 08:37 PM
I'm looking at around 2K. That veypor panel looks impressive. How accurate are the RPM leds? How easy was it to install and configure?

It would be used as the primary instrument panel.

saf
26-04-2006, 08:37 PM
I'm looking at around 2K. That veypor panel looks impressive. How accurate are the RPM leds? How easy was it to install and configure?

It would be used as the primary instrument panel.

26-04-2006, 09:53 PM
Kenma is a wholesale importer Deanho,only select guru's can buy direct from them. HAHAHAHAHA *evil laugh*

26-04-2006, 09:53 PM
Kenma is a wholesale importer Deanho,only select guru's can buy direct from them. HAHAHAHAHA *evil laugh*

saf
26-04-2006, 10:17 PM
I know a few guys who can purchase wholesale for me. Just need to know the figures firsthand. :)

saf
26-04-2006, 10:17 PM
I know a few guys who can purchase wholesale for me. Just need to know the figures firsthand. :)

Deano
27-04-2006, 12:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by davo

Seems like i am amungst the elite. just rang em quoted a c/card number and the goods arrived the next day. I have also brought direct form Veyor in canada as Simon at Kenma didn't have the items in stock.

Saf. what do you mean by rpm leds? the rpm is displayed as a graph aswell as a number in 50rpm increments. you will find it alot more accurate than you factory unit. the shift light is on the top in the centre

I am using it as my only instruments.

Deano
27-04-2006, 12:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by davo

Seems like i am amungst the elite. just rang em quoted a c/card number and the goods arrived the next day. I have also brought direct form Veyor in canada as Simon at Kenma didn't have the items in stock.

Saf. what do you mean by rpm leds? the rpm is displayed as a graph aswell as a number in 50rpm increments. you will find it alot more accurate than you factory unit. the shift light is on the top in the centre

I am using it as my only instruments.

Deano
27-04-2006, 12:34 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/1031642544151884.jpg

the alloy case makes the unit alot bigger and bulkier

Deano
27-04-2006, 12:34 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/1031642544151884.jpg

the alloy case makes the unit alot bigger and bulkier

Gix11
27-04-2006, 01:39 PM
I like the fact you took that rolling along at 20kph.....
Yea, I know I said that last time as well.

Gix11
27-04-2006, 01:39 PM
I like the fact you took that rolling along at 20kph.....
Yea, I know I said that last time as well.

Deano
27-04-2006, 04:15 PM
you shold see the other one I took i was standing still yet still doing 355kph!

Deano
27-04-2006, 04:15 PM
you shold see the other one I took i was standing still yet still doing 355kph!

saf
28-04-2006, 09:30 PM
What typ'o bike is that mounted on? Don't say a suzi!

Looks good, I'll consider it. Once the forks have landed and I've got the thing rolling that's next cab off the ranks. Does it come in BLAQ!!!?!?! GOT ANY BLAQER? ;)

saf
28-04-2006, 09:30 PM
What typ'o bike is that mounted on? Don't say a suzi!

Looks good, I'll consider it. Once the forks have landed and I've got the thing rolling that's next cab off the ranks. Does it come in BLAQ!!!?!?! GOT ANY BLAQER? ;)

Deano
29-04-2006, 11:06 AM
not saying anything

Deano
29-04-2006, 11:06 AM
not saying anything

hooligan
29-04-2006, 07:54 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/308270186270998.jpg
A digibeast speedo and datatool revlights.
I agree with Deano. I used to use a cheap digital speedo and got the shits with it. Start with something decent.

hooligan
29-04-2006, 07:54 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/308270186270998.jpg
A digibeast speedo and datatool revlights.
I agree with Deano. I used to use a cheap digital speedo and got the shits with it. Start with something decent.

hooligan
29-04-2006, 08:01 PM
Have a look at http://www.banditmania.co.uk/digital_clocks.htm
They've got some nice looking digital stuff. I've never used 'em, so they might actually be shit ; )

hooligan
29-04-2006, 08:01 PM
Have a look at http://www.banditmania.co.uk/digital_clocks.htm
They've got some nice looking digital stuff. I've never used 'em, so they might actually be shit ; )

Deano
01-05-2006, 12:26 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/52249320233900.JPG

this photo took alot of riding skill

Deano
01-05-2006, 12:26 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/52249320233900.JPG

this photo took alot of riding skill

Deano
01-05-2006, 12:28 PM
i junked this whole set up on the weekend
kept the veypor but changed headlight and made new dash setup