PDA

View Full Version : Test Ride

Rich
24-04-2006, 02:41 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/50579521133948.jpg
I know HD's aren't everyone's thing but today I took this Street Rod for a comprehensive spin because I could. I had no intention of buying it but Gav at Quick Fix Motor Cycles in Mildura demanded that I go out and flog it :D

Well 115 - 120 horses were a little disappointing but there's nothing like the throb of a V twin. On a 'private track' I pulled 220k's after a long wind out, it was a toss up between the bike being flat out or me being flat out holding onto it. Then Mr Kangaroo said slow down....

The positives were unbelievably fantastic front brakes (the best I've ever come across) and a super smooth gear box.

Dropped the Street Rod back off to Gav, traveled home via the same 'private track' on the Busa and did everything quicker and easier.... (and at half the price too).

Cheers Rich

Rich
24-04-2006, 02:43 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/50579521142571.jpg
Another pic

Rich
24-04-2006, 02:43 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/50579521142571.jpg
Another pic

03gixxerpilot
24-04-2006, 03:44 PM
it might have HD on it but the motor was designed by pourch

03gixxerpilot
24-04-2006, 03:44 PM
it might have HD on it but the motor was designed by pourch

Razorback
24-04-2006, 05:00 PM
Notice you didnt swing by and offer me a ride... I wont forget it ya know :D

Razorback
24-04-2006, 05:00 PM
Notice you didnt swing by and offer me a ride... I wont forget it ya know :D

Rich
24-04-2006, 05:29 PM
You just keep focused on the Bandit Razor. Must be close now, you working on it Friday ?? oh yeah where's the lastest pics....

Cheers Rich

Rich
24-04-2006, 05:29 PM
You just keep focused on the Bandit Razor. Must be close now, you working on it Friday ?? oh yeah where's the lastest pics....

Cheers Rich

Razorback
24-04-2006, 05:37 PM
Im keeping you all in suspense.... Well I guess one sneak peek wont hurt. I got a LOT done Friday and Saturday. Ass end is now complete but for indicators and plate hanger which is all there just gotta work out how I wanna fit it. Basically still waiting on this farkin headlight mount and we are done. Then its hide all the wiring and off to Vic Roads. [8D]

I know what your all gonna say about the can, but we dont wanna cut it till after rego, so here is a sneaky peek, last one till shes finished.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/50579527086063.JPG

By the way no working on it Friday probably as its my 40th Birthday Wednesday (ACK! Im OLD!!) and I will be in Adelaide most of the day picking up a mate to come back for a party on Saturday. We are having a LAN party at my work if ya wanna swing by and have a beer. Probably not your scene... lots of computer geeks shooting each other on counterstrike all night, but your welcome if you wanna drop in, we are starting about 5pm and going all night with a BBQ bacon and egg brecky in the morning. At the computer centre on Orange Ave. ;)

Razorback
24-04-2006, 05:37 PM
Im keeping you all in suspense.... Well I guess one sneak peek wont hurt. I got a LOT done Friday and Saturday. Ass end is now complete but for indicators and plate hanger which is all there just gotta work out how I wanna fit it. Basically still waiting on this farkin headlight mount and we are done. Then its hide all the wiring and off to Vic Roads. [8D]

I know what your all gonna say about the can, but we dont wanna cut it till after rego, so here is a sneaky peek, last one till shes finished.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/50579527086063.JPG

By the way no working on it Friday probably as its my 40th Birthday Wednesday (ACK! Im OLD!!) and I will be in Adelaide most of the day picking up a mate to come back for a party on Saturday. We are having a LAN party at my work if ya wanna swing by and have a beer. Probably not your scene... lots of computer geeks shooting each other on counterstrike all night, but your welcome if you wanna drop in, we are starting about 5pm and going all night with a BBQ bacon and egg brecky in the morning. At the computer centre on Orange Ave. ;)

Rich
24-04-2006, 06:52 PM
'lots of computer geeks shooting each other on counterstrike all night', cool count me in. I'll bring my Glock and spare mags.

Cheers Rich

Rich
24-04-2006, 06:52 PM
'lots of computer geeks shooting each other on counterstrike all night', cool count me in. I'll bring my Glock and spare mags.

Cheers Rich

Razorback
24-04-2006, 09:22 PM
LOL nice one... Actually you should do it for a joke... couple of them would probably piss their pants... Actually I prolly would too :D

Razorback
24-04-2006, 09:22 PM
LOL nice one... Actually you should do it for a joke... couple of them would probably piss their pants... Actually I prolly would too :D

24-04-2006, 10:11 PM
that bike looks like a real pig Rich. if the hirebus didnt do it quiker and easier i'd be slightly concerned

24-04-2006, 10:11 PM
that bike looks like a real pig Rich. if the hirebus didnt do it quiker and easier i'd be slightly concerned

Razorback
25-04-2006, 08:23 AM
But Davo its the new generation man. Its the latest in a long heritage of superior motorcycles, how can you fail to be impressed ?

Razorback
25-04-2006, 08:23 AM
But Davo its the new generation man. Its the latest in a long heritage of superior motorcycles, how can you fail to be impressed ?

dinorider
25-04-2006, 10:25 AM
I`m impressed!

dinorider
25-04-2006, 10:25 AM
I`m impressed!

Rich
26-04-2006, 12:11 AM
Davo the Street Rod was certainly no pig. There was fun to be had on this bike, it was sure footed at speed, torque'y and good looking. You got to remember this is a stock standard bike out of the box, begging for some tweaking....

Dinorider, come on mate keep the blinkers on. Don't look sideways or outside the square (or Suzuki) for a bike as you may get boo'ed off stage ;)

Cheers Rich

Rich
26-04-2006, 12:11 AM
Davo the Street Rod was certainly no pig. There was fun to be had on this bike, it was sure footed at speed, torque'y and good looking. You got to remember this is a stock standard bike out of the box, begging for some tweaking....

Dinorider, come on mate keep the blinkers on. Don't look sideways or outside the square (or Suzuki) for a bike as you may get boo'ed off stage ;)

Cheers Rich