PDA

View Full Version : Australian MotoGP

Ryan
07-05-2007, 07:26 PM
Will there be much of an ASF showing at this years GP? Is anyone planning on doing the ride down from QLD? As soon as I get the cash i'll be picking up my tickets.

chopiesel
07-05-2007, 07:49 PM
im strongly considering riding from canberra.

Deano
07-05-2007, 09:05 PM
quote:Originally posted by Ryan

Will there be much of an ASF showing at this years GP? Is anyone planning on doing the ride down from QLD? As soon as I get the cash i'll be picking up my tickets.

fuck oath

live in melbourne so its easy for me

WarHound
07-05-2007, 10:12 PM
I will be riding down already have a house booked 5 mins from the track and buying one of the VIP Packages this year .. thinking of the one that goes from Lukey Hieghts to the final corner and down the straight .. $660.00 3 days of food and grog supplied big screens and that final corner 8)

hooligan
07-05-2007, 10:26 PM
I'm keen to go down again this year, But after having around 4 months off cos of my fucked hand, I'll probably only be able to take the weekend off and fly down (still wanna camp though).

catchmeifyoucan
07-05-2007, 10:35 PM
be there for sure, got a house in cape patterson, only 20min half an hour ride from the circut, and its only $45 a night for as many people as we can fit...

chopiesel
07-05-2007, 10:37 PM
just spoke to a mate and we are both going, now goto get accommodation!!! any recommendations?

catchmeifyoucan
07-05-2007, 11:27 PM
accomidation will not be cheap, thats why im staying in cape patterson, but if you got a bit of money to spare im sure you will be fine.. on the other hand i may have a couple of beds up for grabs where im staying, not 100% sure, if there is ill let you know and you would be more than welcome...

chopiesel
07-05-2007, 11:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by catchmeifyoucan

accomidation will not be cheap, thats why im staying in cape patterson, but if you got a bit of money to spare im sure you will be fine.. on the other hand i may have a couple of beds up for grabs where im staying, not 100% sure, if there is ill let you know and you would be more than welcome...

yeh deff let me know that would be great mate.

BANDITROD
08-05-2007, 12:01 AM
yeah me and a few mates will be there only 4 1/2 hours ride for me

WATEVR
08-05-2007, 12:02 AM
last year we stay in a house which we leased for a week and was about $1200 or so but when you divi it like we did with 8 people it darn cheap really.

and yes i will be there for sure.

BANDITROD
08-05-2007, 12:05 AM
yeah thats what me and my mates r doing app already booked not sure where but still have to catch up with my mate for all the details

Budda
08-05-2007, 05:09 AM
this is one of the things i'm gonna do when im down there
so a few qestions if u guys dont mind
is there somehvere i can put up a tent
and WHEN does it start date ?
and lets hope stoner kicks rossi's ass again..

WarHound
08-05-2007, 06:09 AM
We rented a 3 double bedroom house for $1000.00 for the week and are taking that between 3 couples .. Quite reasonable really .. I wanna go VIP for the screens, shuttle bus, food and booze.... means we can get rolling and shuttle bus it back and forth to the track and we dont have to worry about food for the three days .. seems to make sense looking at it that way .. riding down is going to a 4 day affair for us .. we are taking our time and taking in the sights along the way .. 8) .. I have taken 2 weeks off for the whole "experience" 8)

BOHEMION
08-05-2007, 11:29 AM
I will be there this year, i will be riding from brissy at this stage.

chopiesel
08-05-2007, 11:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by BOHEMION

I will be there this year, i will be riding from brissy at this stage.

what day? might be able to meet up here then go the coast road?

traviss
08-05-2007, 12:27 PM
Houses, motels /hotels, ????? What a pack of SOFT COCKS would you like me to bring you Breakfast in bed as well, next thing you will be telling me you enjoy devonshire teas and scones with jam and cream ...And you call yourselves Streetfighters.. even most of the ulysses old fart club CAMP You should be ashamed of yourselves PACK OF SOFT COCKS..

BUDDA You can CAMP at the track in either Track side ( bikes only) or High side, there between turn 1 and southern loop You have to have a 3day general admin ticket to buy camping and you can catch a 24/7 bus to cowes if you need anything ..And as for your comment about Rossi Well stoner will have to start from 125 again win a championship then 250's championship and win at least 51.6% of gp races to KICK ROSSI"s ARSE Its nice to see a Aussie on top but he has a long way to go to beat Rossi It has made a great start to the season but the Tight tracks coming up will test the Duc you cant win with hp there.
See you at the Gp Traviss

megareg
08-05-2007, 02:06 PM
But I like devonshire teas with jam and cream! and I'm old enough to be a full member of Ulysses old farts club...
I used to ride down every year and camp there, but one of our mates who has retired at age 65, now cannot ride more than 200k's or camp at the track, he has a back injury that will see him in a wheelchair in a few years.. a mining accident!.... we fly down and stay in a hotel in melbourne and bus it to the track... if it wasn't for that, I would still ride down and camp... no I'M NOT a soft cock...

And yes, Rossi is a great rider, I remember him riding in the 125's on a victory lap with a blow-up doll in front of him... I loved it, but hey... what is wrong with supporting the Aussie bloke, it's hard enough for an aussie to get there in MotoGP, I wish him and any other aussie all the best... so there...

Docktor
08-05-2007, 02:30 PM
Headin there too. probably camp

chopiesel
08-05-2007, 02:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by Docktor

Headin there too. probably camp

im thinking i might end up doing that too, although tent + R1 doesnt really go so i might have to mail my tent to someone taking a car.

Docktor
08-05-2007, 03:23 PM
katkev should come, he will bring a car full of piss. :) no ROOM for a tent.I am probably gunna GIX it this year, not sure yet.I am sure there will be a way to get ya tnt there, lotsa people buy them little fuckers and then leave em there when they leave.

Ryan
08-05-2007, 04:25 PM
Sounds good. I think i'll be riding down from Brissie, and camp trackside. Not just there for the racing, gotta do the whole thing! So i'll spend the next 6 months figuring how to hitch a tent to the 600....then prolly just take a light swag anyway! Im up for a group ride from Brissie, 2-3 days shouldnt be a problem.

WATEVR
08-05-2007, 05:04 PM
you can get tents and sleeping bags that are smaller than 2 ltr coke bottles(rolled up,b4 some smart arse says anything!!), they do the trick and if you go to big w etc they are fairly cheap aswell.

gibbo
08-05-2007, 05:51 PM
I'll be going again this year and staying at highside campground (only a semi soft cock ) will be taking a ute down with our stuff so I can probably take some extra stuff down for you lot if thats any help, I live about 1 hour from the Island so it's no big adventure for me.

Deano
08-05-2007, 06:08 PM
posting your shit down the week before will be the go.

plenty of peeps post there stuff to themselves c/o the cowes post office and pick it up from the p/o of the way to the camp ground.

or just send it to one of us to sort out.

either way i wouldn't let carring a tent and some camping gear stop you from camping.

08-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Dunno if I`ll be there this year,but I`ll say this next time i go to P.I i`ll be anqored just off 'siberia'[8D]
The only way i`ll get wet on the way down is by golden shower or sounarmie[8)]

Loads
08-05-2007, 08:06 PM
Just looked online at Grangers camping world.
2-3 pers tent $39 to $150 bout 4 to cloose from.
sleeping bags rated to 0 degrees from $70.
There is a store in dandenong which is on the way to the Island.
I have included the addy for those who want.
http://www.grangerscampingworld.com.au/

traviss
08-05-2007, 08:20 PM
We Take a car and trailer down ( flip a coin at who drives) so lots of room .We take our own wood and shit loads of cooking equip even battery for phone recharges if you cook ( even jaffels ) it drops the cost and we even have a coffey machine We get there wed night and camp at the gate with a whole heap of other regulars and start the party then .so If you need a tent taken the offer is there you cant miss our two camp sites one has the big black smoke ring floating over it and all are in hawian shirts the other has two big truck brake drums as a fire pot we are usual next to each other ..
Traviss

MEGAREG,,, their is nothing wrong with supporting Aussies But to say he is kicking Rossi's arse is a huge misinformed statement <to kick rossi's arse one must have done as well not just a race or two Next thing he will be saying that stoner is better than Doohan ,Not yet he,s not but if he keeps it up MAYBE...Stoner has improved hand over fist this year and I hope he keeps doing it but the seasons a long way from finished ...Isnt It.

Large
08-05-2007, 08:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by traviss

We Take a car and trailer down ( flip a coin at who drives) so lots of room .We take our own wood and shit loads of cooking equip even battery for phone recharges if you cook ( even jaffels ) it drops the cost and we even have a coffey machine We get there wed night and camp at the gate with a whole heap of other regulars and start the party then .so If you need a tent taken the offer is there you cant miss our two camp sites one has the big black smoke ring floating over it and all are in hawian shirts the other has two big truck brake drums as a fire pot we are usual next to each other ..
Traviss

So you were the guys fishing for girls using dildos as bait two years ago?

Gix11
08-05-2007, 09:16 PM
Do we do GP? Course we do:

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/GP.jpg

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1696&whichpage=5

I can't really break a tradition of going to the TT and the GP in the same year so I best make the effort, although I'm not sure about the time off work thing again, really pushing my luck recently and it ain't worth the stress. Rode last year but might take the flight option this year, unless I get my head around some way of riding. Either way, I'll join the ASF camping village this year, as long as I don't have to sleep in the doorway of Ross and Jo's tent with no pillow in minus 25 temperatures like last year.

Hawaiian shirts? So you'd be a mate of Foxy's then Traviss?

traviss
08-05-2007, 11:45 PM
Camped behind you on the fence next to the gate.. do you like the butane launcher we have plans to make it loader and get used to the Key bangers that one we got from the IOM ...lololol
It looks a bit like our wood in that fire????? we have extra coming this year two trailer loads wasnt enough ..
Joe,mick big al and the boys we used to be neigbours on the front fence I think its a good idea we have a dam between us ..
Mate of foxy,s ,I dont know him that well. but one of us does .
Nows jo's Gsxr coming on she had only thrown it togther last year.?
Im doing the TT and Moto gp but this year I missed the Supers and the F1 and havnt done a ride day and no new toys.. And the subscription to streetfighter mag and all the others ...The TT better be good Im getting all sorts of attitude from the missues ..
Regards Andy Traviss

Budda
09-05-2007, 03:17 AM

Houses, motels /hotels, ????? What a pack of SOFT COCKS would you like me to bring you Breakfast in bed as well, next thing you will be telling me you enjoy devonshire teas and scones with jam and cream ...And you call yourselves Streetfighters.. even most of the ulysses old fart club CAMP You should be ashamed of yourselves PACK OF SOFT COCKS..

BUDDA You can CAMP at the track in either Track side ( bikes only) or High side, there between turn 1 and southern loop You have to have a 3day general admin ticket to buy camping and you can catch a 24/7 bus to cowes if you need anything ..And as for your comment about Rossi Well stoner will have to start from 125 again win a championship then 250's championship and win at least 51.6% of gp races to KICK ROSSI"s ARSE Its nice to see a Aussie on top but he has a long way to go to beat Rossi It has made a great start to the season but the Tight tracks coming up will test the Duc you cant win with hp there.
See you at the Gp Traviss

thanx m8 for the info see u guys there
and yes rossi is the still the KING but i must admidt that i
more and more like the way Stoner rides(like Rossi
in the early years)

hooligan
09-05-2007, 05:24 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/6690414885838.jpg

What's all this shit about not being able to strap a tent to ya bikes?

TurboKat
09-05-2007, 09:15 AM
Yeah, I'll come along for a laugh, there are plenty to be had at the GP that's fer shur. :D
Si, let me know well in advance if you're flying into sunny Melbourne & I'll organise a scoot for you (it will probly be a KAWASAKI so your Gix will feel pretty lame after that) so you can ride down to the Island with the rest of us.

traviss
09-05-2007, 10:37 AM
Stoner ,Rossi Great race but maybe we should give a little credit to Hopkins after all he was on a Sucuki and how often do they get a competitive package together, Just remember if the Suzuki is good this year its going to be shit for the next 3 thats how it usual goes ...Its nice to see a good spread of manufacturers in the top ten takes me back to the early 90's before the Honda big bang domination...anyone remember the Norton????

Gix11
09-05-2007, 10:43 AM
Daz, you are on my good man!

09-05-2007, 07:35 PM
You are the real deal aren`t ya[:o)]let me guess that be the "G50"[?]
Shit[:X]I`m outa my depth here[8D]goodnite[:X]

Stoner ,Rossi Great race but maybe we should give a little credit to Hopkins after all he was on a Sucuki and how often do they get a competitive package together, Just remember if the Suzuki is good this year its going to be shit for the next 3 thats how it usual goes ...Its nice to see a good spread of manufacturers in the top ten takes me back to the early 90's before the Honda big bang domination...anyone remember the Norton????

traviss
09-05-2007, 10:12 PM
So it might be the last year for the 250 two strokers ... 400cc 4 stroke to maybe replace ...What do we think of that.???
I love the smell of two stroke in the morning helps the hangover...
Trav