PDA

View Full Version : R1 front on CBR600 F4i?

devilboy050
20-04-2006, 09:06 PM
Will this work??? Apart from the clamps/headstem, forts, wheel and brakes should be ok, yeah? Any help would be appreciated!

Gix11
20-04-2006, 09:13 PM
What do you mean will this work? If you are going to put a new front end on and want to avoid messing about for ages with engineering new parts get the complete front end with triples. This means all you need to concentrate on then is the stem and headstock becoming new friends. Find out the diametre of the stem and overal length and you might find you need to turn the stem down to a smaller size and shorten it (or whatever). Crossing brands (Yamaha to Honda) is usually more effort than same brand exchanges. Maybe a Fireblade front would be easier? Ladies? Anyone know?
Oh, and welcome mate......

Gix11
20-04-2006, 09:13 PM
What do you mean will this work? If you are going to put a new front end on and want to avoid messing about for ages with engineering new parts get the complete front end with triples. This means all you need to concentrate on then is the stem and headstock becoming new friends. Find out the diametre of the stem and overal length and you might find you need to turn the stem down to a smaller size and shorten it (or whatever). Crossing brands (Yamaha to Honda) is usually more effort than same brand exchanges. Maybe a Fireblade front would be easier? Ladies? Anyone know?
Oh, and welcome mate......

chopaweeza
20-04-2006, 09:19 PM
You need a replacement stem made that will be combination of CBR length/wideth & R1 fittings. Last one I got done cost me $100AUD and the bloke it was for hasn't had any problems with it. It's just alot of measurements, a bit of planning and some possible mods to the steering stops.

chopaweeza
20-04-2006, 09:19 PM
You need a replacement stem made that will be combination of CBR length/wideth & R1 fittings. Last one I got done cost me $100AUD and the bloke it was for hasn't had any problems with it. It's just alot of measurements, a bit of planning and some possible mods to the steering stops.

devilboy050
20-04-2006, 09:23 PM
Thanks guys, much appreciated!

devilboy050
20-04-2006, 09:23 PM
Thanks guys, much appreciated!