PDA

View Full Version : Would this do the trick?

Iceman
18-04-2006, 03:15 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4630783939&ru

Is this the one you were talk'n about Rexie?

What do you reckon Darren? How much is it worth? Would the GS survive this one?

dinorider
18-04-2006, 05:37 PM
I could save you a lot of hassles and just sell you a gs650 4 cylinder donk.probably make more horses than the turbo 500 twin!

dinorider
18-04-2006, 05:37 PM
I could save you a lot of hassles and just sell you a gs650 4 cylinder donk.probably make more horses than the turbo 500 twin!

Iceman
18-04-2006, 05:47 PM
Have thought about the 4cyl route, unfortunatly will not fit in the frame and I don't want to cut it.

I know turbo'n it will be a lot of fuck'n around, but that's kinda the point, my plan was to make something totally unique.

Iceman
18-04-2006, 05:47 PM
Have thought about the 4cyl route, unfortunatly will not fit in the frame and I don't want to cut it.

I know turbo'n it will be a lot of fuck'n around, but that's kinda the point, my plan was to make something totally unique.

TurboKat
18-04-2006, 07:18 PM
Yeah Ice, that little IHI will do the trick, I've got the same one for my Motard, they are originally fitted to a little Suzuki micro car with a 660cc 4 cyl, they make about 80 hp at the wheels so it will (just) be viable for the 500 but the boost won't come in 'til about half way through the rev range.
A CX 500 or XJ 650 unit would be ideal, but if you have to have one RIGHT NOW it's the smallest car unit you can get so go for it.
Also, you're limited to blow through with that unit (not a bad thing), no fuel proof seals are available - I've checked.

TurboKat
18-04-2006, 07:18 PM
Yeah Ice, that little IHI will do the trick, I've got the same one for my Motard, they are originally fitted to a little Suzuki micro car with a 660cc 4 cyl, they make about 80 hp at the wheels so it will (just) be viable for the 500 but the boost won't come in 'til about half way through the rev range.
A CX 500 or XJ 650 unit would be ideal, but if you have to have one RIGHT NOW it's the smallest car unit you can get so go for it.
Also, you're limited to blow through with that unit (not a bad thing), no fuel proof seals are available - I've checked.

dinorider
18-04-2006, 07:33 PM
would be interesting being a twin as it might be ok for pushing the compressor for the capacity(500) though I don`t believe it would be too difficult to fit.

dinorider
18-04-2006, 07:33 PM
would be interesting being a twin as it might be ok for pushing the compressor for the capacity(500) though I don`t believe it would be too difficult to fit.

ozkat
18-04-2006, 07:36 PM
Hey dino email me you ph number.

ozkat
18-04-2006, 07:36 PM
Hey dino email me you ph number.

crazymofo
18-04-2006, 08:32 PM
the thing you have to remember with motorcycle engines is they rev harder then car engines and that they are far more efficent at moving air (essentially what an engine does) motorcycle engines per given capacity breath and this make more exhaust gasses in order to spool turbo;s up, their inheriantly hight compression ratios also help turbo's spool and offset lag a little as well. so you can get away with turbo that are a little larger..

for example a mitsu TD05 found on a 1.5lt mitsi engine is a suitable sized turbo for a 600-1000cc jap 4 banger (generally speaking for 90's-current sportbikes)

the gt25 range usually fitted to 1.8-2.5lt engines are right at home on a 1000-1300cc

busa's are also quite capable of feeded a gt25/30 turbo set up as well.

you have to look at the efficieancy of the engine being turboed not just its capacity. a lot of car enignes only every have a rate of 75% volumetric efficency as a max. while a bike has a higher % rate.. hence 180hp can be had easily from 1lt bike engine, yet, even factory 2lt engines are struggling to get that level of power!

iceman dont dispel a garret gt15 or even a gt17 with a small exhaust side on it.
another from memory is a mistubishi td03 or tdo4 (unsure on exact 0* number)
even the IHI vf18 found on the bi- turbo subaru legacy (the small one)

cheers.joe.

crazymofo
18-04-2006, 08:32 PM
the thing you have to remember with motorcycle engines is they rev harder then car engines and that they are far more efficent at moving air (essentially what an engine does) motorcycle engines per given capacity breath and this make more exhaust gasses in order to spool turbo;s up, their inheriantly hight compression ratios also help turbo's spool and offset lag a little as well. so you can get away with turbo that are a little larger..

for example a mitsu TD05 found on a 1.5lt mitsi engine is a suitable sized turbo for a 600-1000cc jap 4 banger (generally speaking for 90's-current sportbikes)

the gt25 range usually fitted to 1.8-2.5lt engines are right at home on a 1000-1300cc

busa's are also quite capable of feeded a gt25/30 turbo set up as well.

you have to look at the efficieancy of the engine being turboed not just its capacity. a lot of car enignes only every have a rate of 75% volumetric efficency as a max. while a bike has a higher % rate.. hence 180hp can be had easily from 1lt bike engine, yet, even factory 2lt engines are struggling to get that level of power!

iceman dont dispel a garret gt15 or even a gt17 with a small exhaust side on it.
another from memory is a mistubishi td03 or tdo4 (unsure on exact 0* number)
even the IHI vf18 found on the bi- turbo subaru legacy (the small one)

cheers.joe.

18-04-2006, 09:01 PM
just buy a real bike Snowchild.:D

18-04-2006, 09:01 PM
just buy a real bike Snowchild.:D

Iceman
18-04-2006, 09:18 PM
OK, some of that sunk in but seeing as I'm new to this turbo game alot of it I still don't fully understand.( your gunna have to dumb it down a little more Joe!)

As far as "having to get one right now", (Yes I know I'm impatient TurboKat), I see my planned budget rapidly shrinking as Amanda only has afew weeks of work left and only two months til she has the(Davo's) baby.
One wage, four mouths, one morgage, three bikes. I'm sure alot of people know the story all to well.

So the plan is buy stuff now while I still can.

Keep an eye out for a motorcycle turbo still and I see if I can get the above mentioned one, I'll figure out what I'm gunna do later.

Iceman
18-04-2006, 09:18 PM
OK, some of that sunk in but seeing as I'm new to this turbo game alot of it I still don't fully understand.( your gunna have to dumb it down a little more Joe!)

As far as "having to get one right now", (Yes I know I'm impatient TurboKat), I see my planned budget rapidly shrinking as Amanda only has afew weeks of work left and only two months til she has the(Davo's) baby.
One wage, four mouths, one morgage, three bikes. I'm sure alot of people know the story all to well.

So the plan is buy stuff now while I still can.

Keep an eye out for a motorcycle turbo still and I see if I can get the above mentioned one, I'll figure out what I'm gunna do later.

dinorider
18-04-2006, 09:19 PM
the turbo I just bought for my datto 1400 is a ihi rb5.

dinorider
18-04-2006, 09:19 PM
the turbo I just bought for my datto 1400 is a ihi rb5.

Deano
19-04-2006, 01:12 PM
hey iceman.

heard a rumour that if you get yourself a GSXR head and cut off number 1 and 4 cyclinders then you have yourself a high performance head for the GS500

Deano
19-04-2006, 01:12 PM
hey iceman.

heard a rumour that if you get yourself a GSXR head and cut off number 1 and 4 cyclinders then you have yourself a high performance head for the GS500

clairebear
19-04-2006, 01:21 PM
c'mon then Davo, give us your definition of a real bike.
would it start with a gixxer?

clairebear
19-04-2006, 01:21 PM

dinorider
19-04-2006, 02:37 PM
Real bike = any suzuki 500cc or larger ie; GS,GSX,GSXR,TLR/S:D

dinorider
19-04-2006, 02:37 PM
Real bike = any suzuki 500cc or larger ie; GS,GSX,GSXR,TLR/S:D

Iceman
19-04-2006, 04:09 PM
Very interesting Deano, I'll have to suss that out for sure.

Iceman
19-04-2006, 04:09 PM
Very interesting Deano, I'll have to suss that out for sure.

crazymofo
19-04-2006, 07:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by Iceman

lol ok no probs.

basiclly, the general car engine is a sack of shit when it comes to performance, they move bugger all gasses compared to a motorcycle.

look at the power to capacity..bikes make 150hp from 1lt....even the best commodore.. the gts.. 406hp for 5.7lt...or...71.2hp per lt.

more horsepower is genertated from more fuel, and air, bigger bang.. faster, hotter and more exhaust gasses, thus spinning the turbine harder, and spooling the turbo earlier..

all this means is a bike engine can get away with a larger size turbo then what most think. them KEI car turbo's (found on the 660cc cars) could quite posibly be on the small side for a 500/600cc sized bike.

when i say small i mean, it'll run out of breath at the top end, so nice and punchy down low. so its your choice.

for an idea.. my bike has a 750cc engine.. with a gt17 turbo from a saab 2.3lt v6!!

anyways i think im rambling and not making sense again... so i'll shut up. lol

cheers.joe.

crazymofo
19-04-2006, 07:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by Iceman

lol ok no probs.

basiclly, the general car engine is a sack of shit when it comes to performance, they move bugger all gasses compared to a motorcycle.

look at the power to capacity..bikes make 150hp from 1lt....even the best commodore.. the gts.. 406hp for 5.7lt...or...71.2hp per lt.

more horsepower is genertated from more fuel, and air, bigger bang.. faster, hotter and more exhaust gasses, thus spinning the turbine harder, and spooling the turbo earlier..

all this means is a bike engine can get away with a larger size turbo then what most think. them KEI car turbo's (found on the 660cc cars) could quite posibly be on the small side for a 500/600cc sized bike.

when i say small i mean, it'll run out of breath at the top end, so nice and punchy down low. so its your choice.

for an idea.. my bike has a 750cc engine.. with a gt17 turbo from a saab 2.3lt v6!!

anyways i think im rambling and not making sense again... so i'll shut up. lol

cheers.joe.

Iceman
19-04-2006, 07:39 PM
Thanks Joe now we're on the page. As it turns out I won't be bidding on the 660cc turbo as it ends 2moro and haven't got the spare cash this week.

I'll keep looking (and hopefully even learn afew things along the way).

Iceman
19-04-2006, 07:39 PM
Thanks Joe now we're on the page. As it turns out I won't be bidding on the 660cc turbo as it ends 2moro and haven't got the spare cash this week.

I'll keep looking (and hopefully even learn afew things along the way).

19-04-2006, 08:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by clairebear

Friggin Oath it wood Missy.

19-04-2006, 08:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by clairebear

Friggin Oath it wood Missy.

TurboKat
19-04-2006, 08:56 PM
Hey Ice, it just occured to me that I won't have time to put my little IHI on my XR for a while, so you can borrow it to make up manifolds, etc & you're welcome to use it for a bit to see if it's the right one for the job.

You WILL have to get your knees dirty though, [:0] nothing's for free ;)

Oh, & send me some pics of the lovely Amanda too, I swear, I won't send 'em to Davo. ;););)

TurboKat
19-04-2006, 08:56 PM
Hey Ice, it just occured to me that I won't have time to put my little IHI on my XR for a while, so you can borrow it to make up manifolds, etc & you're welcome to use it for a bit to see if it's the right one for the job.

You WILL have to get your knees dirty though, [:0] nothing's for free ;)

Oh, & send me some pics of the lovely Amanda too, I swear, I won't send 'em to Davo. ;););)

19-04-2006, 09:14 PM
id rather not see them anyway mate, dont wanna throw a shoulder out again

19-04-2006, 09:14 PM
id rather not see them anyway mate, dont wanna throw a shoulder out again

TurboKat
19-04-2006, 09:20 PM
That time I really did LOL. :D

TurboKat
19-04-2006, 09:20 PM
That time I really did LOL. :D

Iceman
19-04-2006, 09:22 PM
Darren I don't understand why people say all those nasty things about you, you're a fugg'n champion. I would love to borrow it. You couldn't bring it up Friday if you decide to come, could ya?

If you want I will make a video of Amanda in a couple of months, it'll have alot of close up footage of her vagina, (and a baby spitt'n out of it!)

Iceman
19-04-2006, 09:22 PM
Darren I don't understand why people say all those nasty things about you, you're a fugg'n champion. I would love to borrow it. You couldn't bring it up Friday if you decide to come, could ya?

If you want I will make a video of Amanda in a couple of months, it'll have alot of close up footage of her vagina, (and a baby spitt'n out of it!)

TurboKat
19-04-2006, 09:31 PM
No worries mate, Friday if I'm there.
I'll give the video a miss too. [xx(] I'm scared of babies.

TurboKat
19-04-2006, 09:31 PM
No worries mate, Friday if I'm there.
I'll give the video a miss too. [xx(] I'm scared of babies.